R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-08-2004, 03:23 PM   #8476
Tech Elite

Default Re: carpet setup adjustment

Quote:
Originally posted by Sleighty
I run 35shore front tyres and 37Shore rears
This will be most of your problem. Run a lower shore rating (softer) on the rear, it will give the car more stability. Never run a harder rear tyre.

Wear is just one of those things you have to live with to get a good handling car (I always find the fronts wear more though). You may even find that the softer rear tyres wear less, because you will have less wheelspin.

As far as suspension tuning to stop the rear coming around, I like to stiffen the front end or run a higher front roll-centre.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 03:27 PM   #8477
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Anybody know the part number for the stock shock oil that comes in the kit or its AE counter part?
yodace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 04:33 PM   #8478
Tech Elite

Any particular reason you want Yokomo oil?

Best to keep to the same brand of oil, viscosity can change between brands - I know that in my parrt of the world it's almost impossible to find #x00 oils.

AE equivalent is about 40wt.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:01 PM   #8479
Tech Master

Thumbs down So I downloaded the entire CGM manuel.....

and what the hell is up with the motor mounting. It appears as if the motor is actuallly only held down with two screws and a spring via the top bracket and the motor itself isn't bolted down and not forgetting to mention that it shows no indication as to how you adjust the fit for various size pinions or if it could even take a large size ie 40tooth?

I certainly wouldn't be happy relying on some auto fit method if that's what it amounts to with the cam setup.

Very dodgy and suspect looking that's for sure.
Mabuchi540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:12 PM   #8480
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via AIM to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via Yahoo to DOMOisCOOL

First of all, yes it IS bolted down. Two screws secure the motor onto the motor plate. Then onto the cast motor mount. Then secured with the top section of it.

Also, you just "swing" the adjuster left or right to put in various pinions.

Edit: You might also want to check out how the TC3's motor mount is. Pretty much the same.
DOMOisCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:18 PM   #8481
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to alch
Thumbs up

Its actually a really good mechanism i think.. nice and easy to use!
I believe the TC3 is the same type of mounting mechanism?!?
alch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:23 PM   #8482
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to alch

Quote:
Originally posted by hamba
what are goods ratio for 23T and 12T motors? how many teeth for pinion and spur gear that i have to use? please help.. tx
Depends on your motor and your track..
Check out the 23T stock motor thread.
alch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 01:05 AM   #8483
Tech Master

Default Thanks.....

Quote:
Originally posted by DOMOisCOOL
First of all, yes it IS bolted down. Two screws secure the motor onto the motor plate. Then onto the cast motor mount. Then secured with the top section of it.

Also, you just "swing" the adjuster left or right to put in various pinions.

Edit: You might also want to check out how the TC3's motor mount is. Pretty much the same.
I downloaded the TC3 instructions to see if that made more sense (it did with much better pictures) and assuming the principle is the same on the CGM then what isn't made clear in the CGM manuel is that there is a slot in the chassis that the mounting bracket slides back and forth in?

I hope this slot is a snug fit because surely a good knock would make it slip even with the top bracket clamping it down?

Apart from that though looking into it further it would appear the CGM is basically a rip off clone of the TC3 surely?
Old 06-09-2004, 01:10 AM   #8484
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via AIM to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via Yahoo to DOMOisCOOL
Default Re: Thanks.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Mabuchi540
Apart from that though looking into it further it would appear the CGM is basically a rip off clone of the TC3 surely?
No not exactly.

Check out the TC3's 'slider' style steering rack. Also, the TC3 has an extra battery slot to move more weight from the battery to the front of the car or to the rear.
DOMOisCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 01:18 AM   #8485
Tech Master

Default Well then....

Quote:
Originally posted by DOMOisCOOL
No not exactly.

Check out the TC3's 'slider' style steering rack. Also, the TC3 has an extra battery slot to move more weight from the battery to the front of the car or to the rear.
apart from those things you mention (and as this is a Yokomo thread) what would you say makes the Yoko shaft better than the TC3 as the designs are at least similar?

I should add that personally for me it makes no difference because I've never had an on-road car before so just curious in that respect as the drive train/gearbox (the heart of the beasts as it were) do look like twins lol.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:18 AM   #8486
Tech Master

They are both completly different cars. Just the motor mount is similar. Also the suspension, drivetrain, chassis, is different.
Tek Nickal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 01:23 AM   #8487
Tech Master

QUOTE MABUCHI.

Mabushi. You can still buy a TC3 if you think it's any better.

The TC3 is a brilliant car - it's been winning for 5 years, but with the CGM Yokomo have looked ast the weak spots on the TC3 and improved on them. The steering rack and motor mount are 2 examples.

What's more,t he CGM is very competitively priced considering it is competitive straight out of the box.

----------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE UTIEH.

I'm using the Yok springs, the Asso Green is close to which yok spring???

Gilles - Utieh. The Associated Green spring is about the same as the Yoke black - fairly soft. The advantage of using the Yoke spring is that it is longer. With the SS shock bodies and AE retainers it works OK, allowing plenty of droop and plenty of travel.

I'm having great fun with my Rayspeed. It's absolutely ballistic at the moment.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 01:29 AM   #8488
Tech Master

Default So what your saying is that the.....

Quote:
Originally posted by johnbull
QUOTE MABUCHI.

Mabushi. You can still buy a TC3 if you think it's any better.

The TC3 is a brilliant car - it's been winning for 5 years, but with the CGM Yokomo have looked ast the weak spots on the TC3 and improved on them. The steering rack and motor mount are 2 examples.

What's more,t he CGM is very competitively priced considering it is competitive straight out of the box.

----------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE UTIEH.

I'm using the Yok springs, the Asso Green is close to which yok spring???

Gilles - Utieh. The Associated Green spring is about the same as the Yoke black - fairly soft. The advantage of using the Yoke spring is that it is longer. With the SS shock bodies and AE retainers it works OK, allowing plenty of droop and plenty of travel.

I'm having great fun with my Rayspeed. It's absolutely ballistic at the moment.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
CGM as we (well me anyway) in NZ might say is that the CGM is a TC3 that actually works lol. Not a slight on the TC3 but just an exaggerated way of saying it's been refined and improvments made on an older design?
Old 06-09-2004, 01:31 AM   #8489
Tech Master

QUOTE MABUCHI

Not a slight on the TC3 but just an exaggerated way of saying it's been refined and improvments made on an older design?

SPOT ON !!!!!!!
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 01:39 AM   #8490
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by hamba
what are goods ratio for 23T and 12T motors? how many teeth for pinion and spur gear that i have to use? please help.. tx
hamba,

depending on your track... from 7 to 9:1 with 12T and 5 to 7.5:1 with 23T

remember, the track layout makes a HUGE difference...

later
Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote