R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-31-2004, 06:41 AM   #8386
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by NVisible
is the CGM that much of an upgrade to the ssg?
A lot of the guys here have switch from the SSG, Black Special to the CGM and swear that it is much better in every aspect. Others just bought a conversion kit, but its cheaper to buy a whole CGM kit if you want all graphite.

Peace and Happy Racing
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 06:49 AM   #8387
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Default a question to all CGM driver

I heard CGM is much more heavy then SD SSG / Black. is that true!?

All so can those CGM driver give me any idea of how heavy is their CGM weight??

1480g?
1500?
1520?
...etc

Thanks alot, hope some one can help me.
chappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 08:15 AM   #8388
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Ride Air Scoop

I've just bought one.
Does someone know how to attach it on a carbon fiber chassis (non-CGM)
except using double tape (you have to remove it everytime you want to clean the comm.)
Thanks
utieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 10:11 AM   #8389
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt

@Chappi
My CGM weighs in at about 1498 with personal transponder and unleaded, 1528 leaded with 30 g (no shit? :P ), limit was 1522 at the nordics. The mods i've made is taping the battery in. Aluminium universals all around (YMP's in rear and Yokomo alu bones with Square Ti axle in front, Tobee alu input shafts, Shooter main shaft. The lower front bumper is also shaved down to a nearly minimum to save weight. Rear bumper is removed. *edit* Ti screws is also on the car..

@Utieh
My best advice would be some kind of adhesive velcro. I use it for my electronics and it has worked flawlessly for over 2 years. You can swap it as much as you want and it stays like new always

Last edited by Tommy Bergfeldt; 05-31-2004 at 01:30 PM.
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 05:50 PM   #8390
Tech Addict

@ Sparx

Wah!! u have done so much modification to your CGM! so you pretty much change all the parts to light weight parts, to achive the weight of 1498..

Do you know the out-of-box weight of a CGM?
Old 05-31-2004, 05:58 PM   #8391
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by lem2
2 things: either your tranny cover is loose or one of the teeth in the gears are missing,bent or wasted.
checked that out. gears are perfect. ive noticed my shaft isnt perfectly true (insert obvious joke here). would this cause problems?
NVisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 01:51 AM   #8392
tornado

Default Re: a question to all CGM driver

Quote:
Originally posted by chappi
I heard CGM is much more heavy then SD SSG / Black. is that true!?

All so can those CGM driver give me any idea of how heavy is their CGM weight??

1480g?
1500?
1520?
...etc

Thanks alot, hope some one can help me.
Mine is 'bout 1600g without transponder....still going through a weight trim program...output shaft,centre shaft would be next.
Old 06-01-2004, 01:53 AM   #8393
tornado

Quote:
Originally posted by Sparx
@Chappi
My CGM weighs in at about 1498 with personal transponder and unleaded, 1528 leaded with 30 g (no shit? :P ), limit was 1522 at the nordics. The mods i've made is taping the battery in. Aluminium universals all around (YMP's in rear and Yokomo alu bones with Square Ti axle in front, Tobee alu input shafts, Shooter main shaft. The lower front bumper is also shaved down to a nearly minimum to save weight. Rear bumper is removed. *edit* Ti screws is also on the car..

@Utieh
My best advice would be some kind of adhesive velcro. I use it for my electronics and it has worked flawlessly for over 2 years. You can swap it as much as you want and it stays like new always
Wot electronic do you use ? It has a bearing as to how much the car would weigh.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:39 AM   #8394
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Re: Ride Air Scoop

Quote:
Originally posted by utieh
I've just bought one.
Does someone know how to attach it on a carbon fiber chassis (non-CGM)
except using double tape (you have to remove it everytime you want to clean the comm.)
Thanks
Try adhesive velcro strips... 3M makes some amazingly sticky ones, I mount my electronics with it, and they don't move by an inch by themselves, but you can still easily remove them if you want to.

Later
Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 02:44 AM   #8395
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by NVisible
checked that out. gears are perfect. ive noticed my shaft isnt perfectly true (insert obvious joke here). would this cause problems?
Remove the front universals from the diff/oneway outputs... if it doesn't do that noise any more, then it's somewere in there... check for excessive slack, or a fleeing CVD pin that would hit the steering knuckle. Check the same on the rear end too...

For tranny gears, you might also want to check the shaft-side gears with a flashlight. You don't always see defects easily in there

Later
Paul

PS: Sorry, the adhesive velcro strip trick had already been mentioned. Didn't see it earlier.

Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 04:04 AM   #8396
Tech Regular

Default Over weight

My car is siting on 1501g. That is with a heavy Protoform body. If i switch to a Yokomo type D body it would be 1480 with out transponder. The biggest savings was when i removed the battery brace and went with taping the batteries in. Also the Ti screw kit was good as well. I had alloy dog bones all round until i snapped one of the front ones. They just ant strong enough for the front. I have the Tobee main shafts and alloy input shafts. I have tried to strip as much weight from the top as i could to lower the roll centre. If i need to add weight i will put it into the slots under the main drive shaft.
Yokomo Aust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 04:10 AM   #8397
Tech Addict

Yokomo Aust -

Can you show some pictures of your CGM ?

Thanks mate
Old 06-01-2004, 05:49 AM   #8398
Tech Regular

Default Here you go

Just took this now sorry if it is not clear. I have the MC800 futaba speedie and s9550 digital servo with HRS reciever. Other hop ups are Team Suzuki front and rear drive shaft cups alloy front steering knuckles and all alloy hinge pin mounts and alloy king pins.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0001.jpg (64.4 KB, 162 views)
Yokomo Aust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 05:55 AM   #8399
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Lowner_V1S

Hey Wats that Shiny screws on your CGM tsk tsk.... everyweek you buy new stuff for your car dude hehehehehehe...... ill see you at EC
Lowner_V1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 11:54 AM   #8400
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sparx, Lonestar,

Thanks
I've tried Velcro but the one I had was too thick so it's not holding the airscoop securely, I will have to find the 3M's

Should I place the end of the air scoop at the endbell or in front of the can?
I guess the most important part to cool down is the end bell, I'm asking because I've never seen any pictures of it.

Thanks again
utieh is offline   Reply With Quote