R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-04-2004, 08:58 AM   #7771
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Lowner_V1S

1st time drove an electric man..... it was fun im driving yokomo ssg im very happy wid it.... im just having trouble what best aftermarket for yokomo sd (brand) can you guys help me out
Lowner_V1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 09:49 AM   #7772
Tech Initiate

Hi TRF kid
What I suggest is
try to run with the standard part.Then , if you notice that which part that quite weak or easy to break then change that part to the option one. I think that is the smart way to spend the money on this hobby. You have a lot of blue or green aluminium bits on your car, not always mean you will go faster than other racer.
[IMG]

my car with my style servo mod!!!

Last edited by black_spl; 04-04-2004 at 10:05 AM.
black_spl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 10:53 AM   #7773

Quote:
@ Aku-Man
Is that Rides motor air induct?
Does it really work? Coz i'm thinking of getting one

Yes, that is Rides. I can't tell because if you can see the pic. I have little fan inside the air induct, so I don't know which is working better. Well, get one anyway. This thing look cool.

Here's closed up pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sd fan.jpg (72.2 KB, 198 views)
Aku-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:23 AM   #7774
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Aku-Man
Yes, that is Rides. I can't tell because if you can see the pic. I have little fan inside the air induct, so I don't know which is working better. Well, get one anyway. This thing look cool.

Here's closed up pic.
Where did you get the intake from? Looks good.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:52 AM   #7775

Quote:
Where did you get the intake from? Looks good.
You can get it at rcmodels or rc-mushroom.
Aku-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:53 AM   #7776
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Pops, E.J. has one of those on his EVOIII, it does look pretty cool.

First round of the Norcal TC challenge was this weekend, I TQ'd and won 19T and finished 2nd in mod. The SD's in the hands of different drivers have pretty much won everything this winter in 19T here in northern california. Seems the guy that said he "owned the 19T class" still doesn't have a major win in 19T, just a couple club wins when no one else showed up
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 02:21 PM   #7777
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Howard

First round of the Norcal TC challenge was this weekend, I TQ'd and won 19T and finished 2nd in mod. The SD's in the hands of different drivers have pretty much won everything this winter in 19T here in northern california. Seems the guy that said he "owned the 19T class" still doesn't have a major win in 19T, just a couple club wins when no one else showed up
Ouch! LOL
Good Job down in Gilroy
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 04:04 PM   #7778
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Cgm's at the 1st norcal race were all over the leader boards.Stock had a strong showing for SD's as the a-main had at least 5-6 in it.This was the first time I ran mine yesterday and I must say its a vast improvement to my rayspeed SD.Was able to qualify 3rd for the A.I drove a tc3 all winter practically and only wish I had this car sooner then now.Its awsome and super predictable

Matt H.What was your setup yesterday?In 19 turn through the chicane on the far left,your car was perfect to say the least.Just enough slide to get the car to rotate and carry your speed.And do you have a good starting setup for parking lot tracks?I know you race speedworld{high grip] but thought I would ask.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 04:13 PM   #7779
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by racenut123
Cgm's at the 1st norcal race were all over the leader boards.Stock had a strong showing for SD's as the a-main had at least 5-6 in it.This was the first time I ran mine yesterday and I must say its a vast improvement to my rayspeed SD.Was able to qualify 3rd for the A.I drove a tc3 all winter practically and only wish I had this car sooner then now.Its awsome and super predictable

Matt H.What was your setup yesterday?In 19 turn through the chicane on the far left,your car was perfect to say the least.Just enough slide to get the car to rotate and carry your speed.And do you have a good starting setup for parking lot tracks?I know you race speedworld{high grip] but thought I would ask.
I really don't have a low traction outdoor setup yet but it shouldn't be that far from your indoor rubber setup, maybe just a little softer up front. My car felt really good considering the carpet never really grooved up at all, kinda like driving a drift car.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 04:54 PM   #7780
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Howard

Considering you ran to hide this weekend when the big boys came out to play let's me know I own you if nothing else

Winning this weekend wasn't a major race. I'll see you next weekend if you don't have plans on racing at Rocks.....LOL
Old 04-04-2004, 05:19 PM   #7781
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
Considering you ran to hide this weekend when the big boys came out to play let's me know I own you if nothing else

Winning this weekend wasn't a major race. I'll see you next weekend if you don't have plans on racing at Rocks.....LOL
Did not see you at Billy modified you also must have run and hide there too.

On on the side note did you pick up the stuff i left for you at the hobby shop?
Old 04-04-2004, 08:08 PM   #7782
Regional Moderator

I remember someone already posted the editable .pdf setup sheet for Yokomo SD. I search and can't find it. Anyone, please give me the link. Thank you
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 09:10 PM   #7783
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

It's on my website, www.mo-net.ws
Old 04-04-2004, 09:52 PM   #7784
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by mo
It's on my website, www.mo-net.ws
hey Mo you have set up sheets that I could post on,on your site? I am going to watch a move now but if I could put one up that would be cool. And my last main setup at the nats was good even though I got 5th I started last and caught up. I get back to you alittle later.
Chris Tosolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:10 PM   #7785
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Taz_S
Did not see you at Billy modified you also must have run and hide there too.

On on the side note did you pick up the stuff i left for you at the hobby shop?
I had a special lil lady waiting for me after the r/c racing so Billy got bumped....LOL I did pick up the screws today and will let you know how they fit once I try them out tomorrow......but looking at them they don't seem to be any deeper than the stock screws.