R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2004, 08:58 AM   #7771
Tech Regular
 
Lowner_V1S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 268
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Lowner_V1S
Default

1st time drove an electric man..... it was fun im driving yokomo ssg im very happy wid it.... im just having trouble what best aftermarket for yokomo sd (brand) can you guys help me out
Lowner_V1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 09:49 AM   #7772
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: U.K.
Posts: 41
Default

Hi TRF kid
What I suggest is
try to run with the standard part.Then , if you notice that which part that quite weak or easy to break then change that part to the option one. I think that is the smart way to spend the money on this hobby. You have a lot of blue or green aluminium bits on your car, not always mean you will go faster than other racer.
[IMG]

my car with my style servo mod!!!


Last edited by black_spl; 04-04-2004 at 10:05 AM.
black_spl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 10:53 AM   #7773
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 992
Default

Quote:
@ Aku-Man
Is that Rides motor air induct?
Does it really work? Coz i'm thinking of getting one

Yes, that is Rides. I can't tell because if you can see the pic. I have little fan inside the air induct, so I don't know which is working better. Well, get one anyway. This thing look cool.

Here's closed up pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sd fan.jpg (72.2 KB, 198 views)
Aku-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:23 AM   #7774
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,197
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Aku-Man
Yes, that is Rides. I can't tell because if you can see the pic. I have little fan inside the air induct, so I don't know which is working better. Well, get one anyway. This thing look cool.

Here's closed up pic.
Where did you get the intake from? Looks good.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:52 AM   #7775
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 992
Default

Quote:
Where did you get the intake from? Looks good.
You can get it at rcmodels or rc-mushroom.
Aku-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:53 AM   #7776
Tech Champion
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Pops, E.J. has one of those on his EVOIII, it does look pretty cool.

First round of the Norcal TC challenge was this weekend, I TQ'd and won 19T and finished 2nd in mod. The SD's in the hands of different drivers have pretty much won everything this winter in 19T here in northern california. Seems the guy that said he "owned the 19T class" still doesn't have a major win in 19T, just a couple club wins when no one else showed up
__________________
Official member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent and proud supporter of Conjectural Technologies.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 02:21 PM   #7777
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,197
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Howard
Pops, E.J. has one of those on his EVOIII, it does look pretty cool.

First round of the Norcal TC challenge was this weekend, I TQ'd and won 19T and finished 2nd in mod. The SD's in the hands of different drivers have pretty much won everything this winter in 19T here in northern california. Seems the guy that said he "owned the 19T class" still doesn't have a major win in 19T, just a couple club wins when no one else showed up
Ouch! LOL
Good Job down in Gilroy
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 04:04 PM   #7778
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,519
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Cgm's at the 1st norcal race were all over the leader boards.Stock had a strong showing for SD's as the a-main had at least 5-6 in it.This was the first time I ran mine yesterday and I must say its a vast improvement to my rayspeed SD.Was able to qualify 3rd for the A.I drove a tc3 all winter practically and only wish I had this car sooner then now.Its awsome and super predictable

Matt H.What was your setup yesterday?In 19 turn through the chicane on the far left,your car was perfect to say the least.Just enough slide to get the car to rotate and carry your speed.And do you have a good starting setup for parking lot tracks?I know you race speedworld{high grip] but thought I would ask.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 04:13 PM   #7779
Tech Champion
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by racenut123
Cgm's at the 1st norcal race were all over the leader boards.Stock had a strong showing for SD's as the a-main had at least 5-6 in it.This was the first time I ran mine yesterday and I must say its a vast improvement to my rayspeed SD.Was able to qualify 3rd for the A.I drove a tc3 all winter practically and only wish I had this car sooner then now.Its awsome and super predictable

Matt H.What was your setup yesterday?In 19 turn through the chicane on the far left,your car was perfect to say the least.Just enough slide to get the car to rotate and carry your speed.And do you have a good starting setup for parking lot tracks?I know you race speedworld{high grip] but thought I would ask.
I really don't have a low traction outdoor setup yet but it shouldn't be that far from your indoor rubber setup, maybe just a little softer up front. My car felt really good considering the carpet never really grooved up at all, kinda like driving a drift car.
__________________
Official member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent and proud supporter of Conjectural Technologies.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 04:54 PM   #7780
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,999
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Howard
Pops, E.J. has one of those on his EVOIII, it does look pretty cool.

First round of the Norcal TC challenge was this weekend, I TQ'd and won 19T and finished 2nd in mod. The SD's in the hands of different drivers have pretty much won everything this winter in 19T here in northern california. Seems the guy that said he "owned the 19T class" still doesn't have a major win in 19T, just a couple club wins when no one else showed up
Considering you ran to hide this weekend when the big boys came out to play let's me know I own you if nothing else

Winning this weekend wasn't a major race. I'll see you next weekend if you don't have plans on racing at Rocks.....LOL
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 05:19 PM   #7781
Tech Elite
 
Taz_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Santa Rosa CA
Posts: 2,584
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
Considering you ran to hide this weekend when the big boys came out to play let's me know I own you if nothing else

Winning this weekend wasn't a major race. I'll see you next weekend if you don't have plans on racing at Rocks.....LOL
Did not see you at Billy modified you also must have run and hide there too.

On on the side note did you pick up the stuff i left for you at the hobby shop?
__________________
Jake's Performance Hobbies http://www.jphracing.com/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/757500284356171 Facebook Group for Pro 10
Taz_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 08:08 PM   #7782
Regional Moderator
 
daniz24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: D-Square Racing
Posts: 3,189
Default

I remember someone already posted the editable .pdf setup sheet for Yokomo SD. I search and can't find it. Anyone, please give me the link. Thank you
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 09:10 PM   #7783
mo
Tech Master
 
mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,359
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

It's on my website, www.mo-net.ws
__________________
TLR, Spektrum, Tekin, SMC, MO-GRIP, www.factory-rc.com https://www.shapeways.com/shops/MPP
mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 09:52 PM   #7784
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: South Beach Miami
Posts: 415
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by mo
It's on my website, www.mo-net.ws
hey Mo you have set up sheets that I could post on,on your site? I am going to watch a move now but if I could put one up that would be cool. And my last main setup at the nats was good even though I got 5th I started last and caught up. I get back to you alittle later.
Chris Tosolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:10 PM   #7785
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,999
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Taz_S
Did not see you at Billy modified you also must have run and hide there too.

On on the side note did you pick up the stuff i left for you at the hobby shop?
I had a special lil lady waiting for me after the r/c racing so Billy got bumped....LOL I did pick up the screws today and will let you know how they fit once I try them out tomorrow......but looking at them they don't seem to be any deeper than the stock screws.
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
yokomo or yokomo parts yokomo7 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 12-19-2009 08:45 PM
Yokomo is coming out with a new version of the bd : Yokomo BD 2 roadrashracing Electric On-Road 12 12-19-2007 07:08 AM
yokomo Aluminum Steering Bellcrank Posts and other yokomo spares hurley081182 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 02-27-2006 06:07 PM
Lots FS: CRC 3.2 & Yokomo YRX-12, Yokomo TC Tires, JR Receivers, New Motors, more TurboFC3S R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 15 09-22-2005 09:38 PM
WTB Yokomo 1/12 Mini...Trade for 1/10 Yokomo dynamic_e R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 07-12-2003 05:58 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:00 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net