R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-10-2004, 11:53 AM   #7471
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200
Default Re: As the Transmission turns :)

Quote:
Originally posted by Geppetto
Well last night I removed and reassembled my rear transmission housing. I wasn't able to identify what was causing the binding, but when rebuilding I did make sure that everything was properly seated. My drivetrain is now turning freely.

As I reinstalled the transmission housing, I constantly checked for any binding as I installed screw after screw. Believe it or not, as soon as I installed the 2 bottom screws (closest to the spur) that hold the transmission case in place the transmission began to bind again??? All I was doing is snugging the screws in place, not cranking down on them.

I continued checking the movement of the transmission as I installed the rest of the screws, and I noticed that it would bind slightly dependent on which screw I was securing and how tight I made the screw.

Anyway, I found a balance and everything is working fine. I had no idea that these plastic parts deform when screws are installed.

Thanks for all the help guys.
You need to break your drive train in. Use a stock motor @3V during at least 6Hrs and then see how it goes. Of course, fully tighten the diff case for this operation.
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 12:02 PM   #7472
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200

Quote:
Originally posted by Fire
finally i got around to really run the SD, the car does track straight, it has no problem on turning left, but it push when going into a right turn then oversteer while the steering return to neutral

the built chassis sit flat on the hudy board, left and right side shocks and springs are balanced using the losi tool, ride height is set at 4.5mm each side, and this happen when i tried sorex 32R, 28R, pit 25, pit 30, alfa 2.0, mazda 6

is there any tricks or methods mentioned b4 that i missed about fixing this conering issue??
Make sure that your steering is perfeclty even left to right. When you're in neutral position, your servo horn should be vertical AND the steering turnbuckles should have the same lenght.

It's strange as with my SSG when the chassis was stock it was pushing only on LHC, not RHC, and it was sorted with the servo mod.
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 04:16 PM   #7473
Tech Initiate

Hi guys
What difference does it make to the cars handling if you use the rear hubs for the toe in instead of the rear pin holders?
mark turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 09:11 PM   #7474
Tech Regular

Im not 100% sure but i dont think it makes to much of a difference. I think just adding toe in the hubs gives you more adjustability. Like with the 0.5 degree hub u can add or take off 0.5 toe but using them normally or putting the left hub on the right and the right on the left it decreses the toe by 0.5. Overall I think toe is toe doesnt really matter where you add although i could be wrong.
shortygy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 09:19 PM   #7475
Tech Regular

Reagards to the SD track problem. When I had my ssg my car would always tweak and never felt good. When I went to a big race I had to rebuild the car everynight to get the tweak out. I went and bought a black chassis and the car was nigth and day difference. Now that I have the CGM the car is even better than the black, no tweak issues and the car handles great. No complaints on this one although it could use a little diet
shortygy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 03:24 AM   #7476
Tech Elite

Yeah, tweak can be a real pain. Just about all the guys I know that run SSG's or Black Specials have experienced the same. It's nothing that a Hex wrench and a flat surface can't solve though!

The RS is much harder to tweak. I'm picking up some good scores with the the new chassis

I wonder how Randman is getting on with his Losi? Is it red yet?

Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 03:56 AM   #7477
IH
Tech Adept

Why did Randy switch to Losi
IH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 04:02 AM   #7478
IH
Tech Adept

Default Problem with Yokomo wheels

Last weekend i broke two of the Yokomo Precision rims (TW-1012) without having any extraordinary hard impacts. It seems that they are just a little bit too hard. Has anyone experienced the same?

Tkhanks,
IH
Old 03-11-2004, 07:50 AM   #7479
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Problem with Yokomo wheels

Quote:
Originally posted by IH
Last weekend i broke two of the Yokomo Precision rims (TW-1012) without having any extraordinary hard impacts. It seems that they are just a little bit too hard. Has anyone experienced the same?

Tkhanks,
IH
I think you can hit things a little harder with the old Yoke rims before they crack.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 09:58 AM   #7480
IH
Tech Adept

Quote:
I think you can hit things a little harder with the old Yoke rims before they crack

well, sometimes Masami just seems to forget that there are people out there who hit the boards every once a while
Old 03-11-2004, 11:19 AM   #7481
Tech Elite

Exclamation

An ex Schumacher team driver started racing an SSG but gave up on it because he kept breaking it. He changed to a TC3 - but kept the Yok wheels and ran the TC3 on them. The first regional A final he got into with it, he had to retire - because the one of the Yok wheels broke!!
Old 03-11-2004, 11:32 AM   #7482
IH
Tech Adept

damn...and I just bought them in bulk. I thought they would be as soft as the previous Yokomo rims.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:50 AM   #7483
Tech Elite

At least you got plenty of spare wheels Your bound to find 4 good ones eventually
Old 03-11-2004, 12:32 PM   #7484
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Yoke rims

I dont know the TW012... but if they are the white dish rims delivered in the kit, then they're way to fragile. I mounted a set recently, and this was the first set I ever threw away *before* the tires were worn out... the outside front rim was broken at least at 8 different places. The wheel looked closer to an octogon than a circle.

Yes, I do too hit boards sometimes...

Back to JB rims

Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 03:00 PM   #7485
IH
Tech Adept

Yes, that are the wheels coming with the kit. Hey seems like I am pretty good Mine have cracked at 2 places only, and
the tires are already pretty worn out

Now, I am looking for some medium-hard wheels. What do you recommend... (btw. they should be as unexpensive as possible)

Greetings,
IH