Yokomo MR-4TC SD >

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Old 02-25-2004, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
Im having a hard time visualizing your problem. I did have to cut the top off of the ball cup so that it wouldn't rub on the front arm pivot block, but I didn't have any other rubbing issues besides that.

Glad you like everything, that chassis should hold up on some pretty high traction tracks.
Maybe he's running the upper sway-bar, and that may be why it's rubbing?
Old 02-25-2004, 11:46 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by pops
Maybe he's running the upper sway-bar, and that may be why it's rubbing?
I thought that too, but I dont see how that can obstruct the bellcranks in any way.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think the upper bar is attached to the back outer ball studs on the arm. The steering links and the steering hubs can hit those ball studs.
Old 02-25-2004, 02:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by pops
I think the upper bar is attached to the back outer ball studs on the arm. The steering links and the steering hubs can hit those ball studs.
I ran both kinds of swaybars on the RS car when I had it, and never had problems, so I really dont know what the rubbing issue is. When you run the upper swaybar, they include long ball studs that actually mount to the bottom of the shock, and the swaybar mounts onto those.

Horatio - Did you move the ball stud from the top side of the spindle to the bottom side?
Old 02-25-2004, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Randman:
So how did you do last night w/ the CGM? Also how is the Excel delrin diff holding up?
Old 02-25-2004, 08:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by forty6
Randman:
So how did you do last night w/ the CGM? Also how is the Excel delrin diff holding up?
The car is working really well, I just ran pro stock last night, Josh Numan won by 4 seconds, I took 2'nd, and Tyree Philips came in 3'rd about .4 second behind me.

The Excel outdrives show no sign of wear as of yet, hopefully it'll stay that way
Old 02-25-2004, 09:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

I took Randman's advice and got the one way and the inline spindles. I also got the Rayspeed towers. Where are you guys running the shocks and camber link mounts. I started with the second hole in on the arms and he third hole in on the towers with the upper link on the upper inner hole. Also the Is it correct that the stock front arm mount gives the car 1 degree of front kickup?
Old 02-25-2004, 09:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by tcmerf
I took Randman's advice and got the one way and the inline spindles. I also got the Rayspeed towers. Where are you guys running the shocks and camber link mounts. I started with the second hole in on the arms and he third hole in on the towers with the upper link on the upper inner hole. Also the Is it correct that the stock front arm mount gives the car 1 degree of front kickup?
That's a good starting point for where you have the shocks mounted, but for the camber links, I've never had to run the upper holes at SoCal, just try playing around with settings on the lower holes and you should find something that works.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone know where I can get some more Excel outdrives? I fried mine up running the diffs too loose on Mod Carpet. Spun the diff rings. Sucks. I really liked them outdrives. Would like to get some more before we head back outdoors.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by KilRuf
Anyone know where I can get some more Excel outdrives? I fried mine up running the diffs too loose on Mod Carpet. Spun the diff rings. Sucks. I really liked them outdrives. Would like to get some more before we head back outdoors.
I'm not sure that they are avalible anymore..?
Old 02-25-2004, 10:27 PM
Tech Regular

randman,

Is that your GT4 on ebay...? looks like your style lol (RED)
Old 02-25-2004, 10:40 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by shortygy
randman,

Is that your GT4 on ebay...? looks like your style lol (RED)
Yeah, having to sell it to fix my STi bumper.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:13 PM
Tech Regular

that sucks. Do strip and re-anodize all of your aluminum parts on your cars.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by shortygy
that sucks. Do strip and re-anodize all of your aluminum parts on your cars.
Most of em, unless they already come red.
Old 02-26-2004, 03:18 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Guys!

Sorry if I what I said wasn't clear.

The tie rods are much lower with the 'new' steering arrangement - the bellcranks are kind of upside down compared to the stock set-up. As the tie rods are lower at the servo saver side, the tie rods have to connect to the underside of the steering arms. Trouble is, when you apply lock, the tie rods foul the balls for the anti roll bar pick ups. These have now been removed - I don't ever use them any way. The other problem is that they catch the pivot pin mounts. Not good. Perhaps it's because I use MR4 alloy steering arms?

For now I've re-arranged the steering so it's in the normal position but unfortunately it means that (for the time being at least) I cannot use the beautifully fashioned WCF link/flanged bearings that connects the 2 bellcranks

However, the steering is great - the new servo position moves the weight forward and in slightly and allows more space for the electronics. Can't wait to try it on the track. I'll post some pictures soon.

Multi coloured blue, red, silver and black SD - there can't be many of these around

Horatio

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.