Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-15-2004, 11:57 AM   #6871
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: 10 mm O rings

Quote:
Originally posted by eklips
MO or Randman

You guys know the part number for the 10 mm O rings that go on top of the shocks when using the plastic caps?

Thanks in advance
I'm pretty sure it is part #YS-7-1 Shock Maintenance Kit, or it may come with the YS-8Y Shock End Caps.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 08:53 PM   #6872

Matt: Have you or Mo tried running the CGM with a top deck? I put one on after I finished practice, and the chassis is super-stiff now. I'll test it once I can get back to the track, maybe it will work well with foam tires. The only thing is, the motor is a pain to get out with the top deck on; you have to unscrew the back two screws that hold the deck on just to get motor out!
2Tenths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 08:57 PM   #6873
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: 10 mm O rings

Quote:
Originally posted by pops
I'm pretty sure it is part #YS-7-1 Shock Maintenance Kit, or it may come with the YS-8Y Shock End Caps.
I believe that they are included with the plastic shock caps.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 12:05 AM   #6874
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by 2Tenths
Matt: Have you or Mo tried running the CGM with a top deck? I put one on after I finished practice, and the chassis is super-stiff now. I'll test it once I can get back to the track, maybe it will work well with foam tires. The only thing is, the motor is a pain to get out with the top deck on; you have to unscrew the back two screws that hold the deck on just to get motor out!
I brought one with me to try but I never got a chance to put it on, too busy trying other things
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 12:27 AM   #6875
Tech Regular

Hello all... I am buying this chassis from the guy who bought it on there for the same price: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3172475094 . My track is doing a 19t class but what motors can I run in the 19t class?? Thanks
FriedDiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 08:43 AM   #6876
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

After an excellent weekend's racing, I thought I'd post how I got on with my Yok SD.

It's the first time I'd raced the car since fitting the blades. I'd also worked on all the bearings in the car and 'polished' them.

The event was a 'Welsh National' round 8, part of the WRCA Winter Championship Series. There were about 70 drivers present plus their mechanics and families etc. A nice size event - not too big, not too small.

There were also a number of sponsored drivers present so the racing was very good to watch. DC Racing had it's trackside shop present at the meeting, so spares were on hand if the worst happened.

The track was laid using brand new track edging which we managed to import from the USA. http://www.roaddome.com/racetrack_la...k_layouts.html

It was very good, forgiving to the cars, didn't move and didn't require taping down. Unfortunately it did tend to launch the 'errant' cars somewhat. As the heats were mixed ability, their were occasions (especially during qualifying) when flying cars crossed lanes and spoilt other racers times. It happened to me twice - on each occassion I was on for a 24 lapper.

I didn't really get a clear run in my heat, but I did manage a quick 23 lapper in round 3. However, to get a guaranteed A final place, a 24 lapper was required. As it turned out, I did get 10th in the A and the positions didn't change during round 4. Phew!!

There were 4 TC3s and 3 SDs in the A - not sure about the other 3 cars, I think they may have been an Xray and a couple of Missions. On pole was a box standard Yok SD - but the driver was very good indeed and knew how to set up his car. 2nd on the grid was another SD but it had a woven carbon fibre tub, very stiff indeed and lighter than than the standard SD - looks can be very deceptive!! My SD down in 10th was looking forward to it's first clear run!

The race wasn't as clear as it could have been, but I managed to climb up to 9th and stay there. Other than that, the A final finishing positions remained the same as the qualifying positions. Another good result for the SDs!!

My car performed flawlessly in every round. The blades definitely improved the car - mine was by far the quietest SD at the meeting and certainly exhibited excellent straight-line speed. My Peak Hellfire was skimmed only once during the meeting, but remained consistently fast.

I hope to try out some new GP 3300 'shorty' cells soon - should be even faster then!

Sorry if I bored anyone.

Last edited by Horatio; 02-16-2004 at 08:48 AM.
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 09:12 AM   #6877
Tech Elite

Equalising Cells

How often do you guys equalize your cells?
Old 02-16-2004, 09:14 AM   #6878
Tech Elite

Randman:

You got PM too.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:17 AM   #6879
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200

Hi, same for me, had a nice race week end at the HPI at Don Valley. There were 130 drivers with something like 60 or 70 mod drivers, and loads of sponsored drivers, to show the new cars : pro4 and Mi2 did hit the ground last week.

I was not impressed by any of them though...

About my race, I've had some interesting mods done to my car on the past weeks : improved steering, centered batteries and too one bearing off the drive train. Each mod have shown its improvement on the car, last week at the club races the car was impressive, with loads of grip, I won both on friday and saturday.

However, the friday before the event, my car was showing uneven response, making it undriveable IMO even if it didn't showed it on the track, but that's a driver's matter...

Back at home it showed a massive tweak on the corner weight scales. I guess I've mounted the graphite gear boxes a bit too fast... After an untweak session, I'm back on my nice 25/25/25/25 mass balance !

Also, for the event I've had some G350GT coming from speed tech (thanks steve, the shipping have never been nearly as fast !), painted on saturday...

So, on sunday morning I had a lot to try and prove. First qualifying the car was driveable, but had on power oversteering (evenly this time though). Changed something on the setup for the second one, but got stuck into traffic as this time I was starting 6th and still was 6th for next round.

Third qualifying, had a clear run, was shown first after 2 minutes and kept on showing good laptimes, but my batt dumped after 3'30 (did the same on the first and second run !), still did I managed a nice 24 laps 5'05, pushing me from 31th to 15th overall. The A is not far, if only my battery didn't dump (it had 1 minute left on the discharger but gave no power on the track)

On the last qualifying, one of my wheel came loose (I swear I check that the tyres were properly glued and didn't see that !) since the 1st lap, having me making a mistake and loosing any chance to make an A, I was not even sure to be still in the B as many drivers improved.

Hopefully not, I was last in B (ie 20th), so had nothing to loose. Made a gr8 start sticking on my grid for 1 second and waiting for the others to crash each other on the first corner, which they of course did, and after 3 corners I was 6th with a big gap between me and the car after me (and the car in front of me aswell). Things stayed like that but I did made one silly mistake, got stuck in the inside track mark and they were on my back now, even putting the pressure on me, with the first mistake still in my head, I evently managed to make another one and let 2 cars pass.

I finished 8th in the B, which makes me quite happy as it was only my 2nd big event in UK.

Besides, numerous sponsored drivers, and all of my club mates were behind me.

The car showed consistent, could have been faster without the roll bars (setting that I use during the club meetings) but I prefered little less grip but easier to drive.

I'll finish the translation of my review on the SD this week, and will have a third part for it. Let you know when it's online.

I'm also thinking of making my own chassis, kind of like what John Bull did, but with other features.
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 09:19 AM   #6880
Tech Addict

Default Re: Equalising Cells

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio
Every time I have time to do it before I charge them. I use a robitronic tray, which have a cutoff, and wait until the resistors are totally cold (don't trust the leds).
Old 02-16-2004, 10:14 AM   #6881
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by FriedDiff
Hello all... I am buying this chassis from the guy who bought it on there for the same price: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3172475094 . My track is doing a 19t class but what motors can I run in the 19t class?? Thanks
What motor you can run is really up to the track you run at, some only let you run the spec 19, while others may let you run ARCOR 19's with adjustable timing, you'd have to ask them...
Old 02-16-2004, 10:14 AM   #6882
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Equalising Cells

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra81li200
Every time I have time to do it before I charge them. I use a robitronic tray, which have a cutoff, and wait until the resistors are totally cold (don't trust the leds).
Cheers Cobra.

Does that take them down to 0v per cell (when you leave it till the resistors get cold), or the more accepted 0.6v per cell? When I discharge my packs on a 20A discharge, it brings them down to .9v per cell (alledgedly!). Until now I'd discharge each cell invidually down to .6v one at a time. Needless to say I'd only do this once every couple of months cos it was soooo time consuming. Ahem

BTW - a finish of 18th at a big meeting is really good.

With the WRCA Winter Series, all the racers use stock motors on control tyres - it's great
Old 02-16-2004, 10:15 AM   #6883
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Equalising Cells

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio
I do it after every run.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:24 AM   #6884
Tech Addict

Hi Horatio,

I'm very pleased with that result indeed, most drivers in my final were sponsored, while I just had a sponsorship for cells (still not have the cells though, I wish I had them).

the tray discherges them to 0.6V/cell, the fact that the resistors are cold indicates that they all are at this value, not 0V, at least on the robitronic tray.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:32 AM   #6885
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra81li200
Hi Horatio,

I'm very pleased with that result indeed, most drivers in my final were sponsored, while I just had a sponsorship for cells (still not have the cells though, I wish I had them).

the tray discherges them to 0.6V/cell, the fact that the resistors are cold indicates that they all are at this value, not 0V, at least on the robitronic tray.
Right, I get what you're saying - while the resistors are still warm, the LED may give a false indication.