R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-10-2004, 03:20 PM   #6781
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

LeeS, Losi and Associated oils seem to be heavier that most others. Yokomo 550 would be close to Losi 50wt and 650 would be 60wt. I didn't have any tweaking and I don't think chassis warping because of motor heat will be a problem with this car because the motor mount is a seperate piece and is aluminum. This will disperse the heat much better and since the motor mount goes most of the way accross the chassis, it should prevent the chassis from warping.
Old 02-10-2004, 03:29 PM   #6782
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Hatebreed
Is anyone racing the CGM on carpet with rubber tires? i`m concidering changing my X Ray to the CGM, i really like shaft drive, and a closed drive train (less wrenching between the runs ) How stiff is the plastic chassi setup compared to the SSG car?

I have never raced yokomo cars before, how is the quality? is the ars durable?
pssst, cuda...

I've owned a few yokomo cars and they were all excellent. If i were to buy a new yokomo it'd be the CGM for sure.
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 03:33 PM   #6783
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
pssst, cuda...

I've owned a few yokomo cars and they were all excellent. If i were to buy a new yokomo it'd be the CGM for sure.
Pro4

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 09:33 PM   #6784
Tech Regular

Wondering if you guys grind the knuckle on the SD to fit foam tires. Or if you cut the tire to make it thinner. Also what springs do most of you run, and what have you found the best. yokomo springs, yokomo gas springs, Rayspeed, or associated. Also what spring retainers you are using with the springs.

Getting my CGM hopefully this week cant waitm a little worried about electronics fit haha. ohh well

Also wondering if anyone is interested in a rayspeed upperdeck. Brand new deck never used. PM me if interested
shortygy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 09:42 PM   #6785
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I just ground down my steering blocks a little so the foams can fit without rubbing. AE springs seem to be the ticket for foam racing, myself and Mo are running purples in the front and copper in the rear. My Quantum and regular size servo and receiver all fit in the chassis with no problems. If your using anything bigger than a quantum you'll probably have to put your receiver ontop of the servo.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 09:52 PM   #6786
Tech Rookie

Default Chris Tosolini's recent carpet setups

For those of you interested, below are links to Chris's carpet setups from the Indoor champs and Novak TC race:

Carpet setup from the Cleveland indoor champs (pdf)

Carpet setup from the Novak TC race (pdf)
burritoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 12:24 AM   #6787
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by rtypec
I can be at the track but I won't be able to race. From now until this project I'm on is complete, Tuesday racing will be a hit or miss thing with me When you weigh your chassis make sure you have everything race ready, including body clips haha. Let us know how you faired and be careful with the new car. Mod motors can "unassemble" your car very nicely. The front end of mine was "unassembled" after a launch from Tamiya's famous dogleg "kink" this past weekend with an 8dub.

Have fun with your TC4 guys.
Missed you tonight Rod, it was pretty fun racing, we ran stock. Josh Numan took the TQ with me in 2'nd, but I took the win in the main.

The weight on my CGM is 1500 grams on the dot... I sh!t you not.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 12:28 AM   #6788
Tech Prophet

One more thing, I got the Yokomo hardened universals all around on my CGM. For some reason the front left universal bent, I dont know if it's from the power of the motor I was using in practice or what, I didn't have 1 impact today. I'll buy some more and hope this one was just a fluke.
Old 02-11-2004, 02:26 AM   #6789
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
One more thing, I got the Yokomo hardened universals all around on my CGM. For some reason the front left universal bent, I dont know if it's from the power of the motor I was using in practice or what, I didn't have 1 impact today. I'll buy some more and hope this one was just a fluke.
Driveshaft problems, huh? Best check that it isn't that seizing problem that we were all 'discussing' a while back.
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 07:01 AM   #6790
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio
Driveshaft problems, huh? Best check that it isn't that seizing problem that we were all 'discussing' a while back.
Unlikely methinks, since the Yoke Hardened Uni's are a totally different design.

Unless the "seizing" is some kind of virus that's spreading around the Yokomo factory...
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 07:10 AM   #6791
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

Randman- were you pleased with the Hardened Shafts other then the bending? I am going to put them in the front of my car tonight. Trying to get away from the stock driveshaft issues with them.

burritoh- Thanks for the setup sheets. I know it is cool to get what Chris is running. Any asphalt setup sheets from Chris would rock!

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 11:12 AM   #6792
Tech Elite

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by sosidge
Unlikely methinks, since the Yoke Hardened Uni's are a totally different design.

Unless the "seizing" is some kind of virus that's spreading around the Yokomo factory...
I might have known that would bring you out of the woodwork

I've never used the Yok hardened driveshafts, so I wouldn't know - I'll take your word for it, I just assumed they were similar besides the fact they were hardened.

All I know is that my bog standard driveshafts work perfectly now they've been machined. They're just a tad on the heavy side compared to MIP ones I'm familiar with - but at least they don't wear out/break/seize/bend etc. Combined with the blades I now use, they work very well.

Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 12:43 PM   #6793
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio
No seizing at all, these are definately the smoothest universals I've seen, just bent on me...
Old 02-11-2004, 12:46 PM   #6794
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Werner
Randman- were you pleased with the Hardened Shafts other then the bending? I am going to put them in the front of my car tonight. Trying to get away from the stock driveshaft issues with them.

burritoh- Thanks for the setup sheets. I know it is cool to get what Chris is running. Any asphalt setup sheets from Chris would rock!

Jeff
Well I'm going to pick up another pair of the universals because I do think they are the way to go (havent tried CVD's yet though) as long as they dont bend, they should be fine as far as the smoothness.
Old 02-11-2004, 03:37 PM   #6795
Tech Prophet

One more thing, the car did glitch from start to finish yesterday, I actually changed everything out short of the servo and ESC. I moved the transponder away from the electronics, threw in a new reciever, a new motor, put ferrite over the power wires, and still glitching. I have a little 160mah reciever pack that I bought for my 1/12 scale car, but I'm going to throw that in there to see if maybe the ESC isn't powering up the reciever fully. I'll also bring a new ESC to the track next week to test as a last resort type thing, but Ive never had a glitching problem with these same electronics in the past.