R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2004, 10:18 PM   #6571
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver Bc
Posts: 349
Default

Ya I got the precision ones when they first came out.. there really good .... just wondering if the ceramics are better
shortygy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:20 PM   #6572
Tech Champion
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by shortygy
Ya I got the precision ones when they first came out.. there really good .... just wondering if the ceramics are better
They're going to be slightly better but I wouldn't replace your precisions with the ceramics until they wear out
__________________
Official member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent and proud supporter of Conjectural Technologies.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:24 PM   #6573
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,999
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Free spin isn't why I bought them, but it's definately the best out there...
what did you get them for if you don't mind me asking??
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:36 PM   #6574
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
what did you get them for if you don't mind me asking??
Longevity, I go through bearings really fast, but I seem to get life out of ceramics.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:48 PM   #6575
Tech Elite
 
OSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: o0O In the FishBowl O0o
Posts: 3,273
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

conversion...
__________________
•KO Propo America
•EXOTEK
OSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:51 PM   #6576
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by OSherman
conversion...
Lookin good Orlando. Any reason for going with the different servo link?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:54 PM   #6577
Tech Elite
 
OSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: o0O In the FishBowl O0o
Posts: 3,273
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Lookin good Orlando. Any reason for going with the different servo link?


only one on hand that was long enough.. its been in my RC family for a looonnng time.. came with my 7+ year old EV10...
__________________
•KO Propo America
•EXOTEK
OSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 11:00 PM   #6578
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by OSherman


only one on hand that was long enough.. its been in my RC family for a looonnng time.. came with my 7+ year old EV10...
Did your conversion come with new turnbuckles?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 11:03 PM   #6579
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,197
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Longevity, I go through bearings really fast, but I seem to get life out of ceramics.
Alex ran the ceramics for the first time in his car at the Northwest Champs. Out of interest I removed the wheel bearings and cleaned them to see what, if they would show any wear or gritt. The rear bearings were like just like new, but the fronts had a little more resistance, not gritty or anything, they just did not spin up like the rear anymore. That was two classes for 2 days plus practice runs. From experience at least 1 or 2 reg wheel bearings would be trash after a couple of race days.

I think the other ceramic bearings in the car will last forever, there is just not that much stress on them. For club racing, we will stick with the precision bearings, and save the ceramics for big races only.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 11:03 PM   #6580
Tech Elite
 
OSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: o0O In the FishBowl O0o
Posts: 3,273
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Did your conversion come with new turnbuckles?
yeah, but it only included the shorter link for the center point attachment...

did you get a long one???
__________________
•KO Propo America
•EXOTEK
OSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 11:13 PM   #6581
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by pops
Alex ran the ceramics for the first time in his car at the Northwest Champs. Out of interest I removed the wheel bearings and cleaned them to see what, if they would show any wear or gritt. The rear bearings were like just like new, but the fronts had a little more resistance, not gritty or anything, they just did not spin up like the rear anymore. That was two classes for 2 days plus practice runs. From experience at least 1 or 2 reg wheel bearings would be trash after a couple of race days.

I think the other ceramic bearings in the car will last forever, there is just not that much stress on them. For club racing, we will stick with the precision bearings, and save the ceramics for big races only.
I get life out of almost all the bearings in my car except the front wheel axle bearings as well. I really am not sure why those go out so fast, but when I ran Acer ceramics in the past, they stayed like new in the front knuckles.

I usually run the front bearings a couple racedays even once they are gritty, pretty expensive to replace bearings 1-2 times a raceday...
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 11:15 PM   #6582
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by OSherman
yeah, but it only included the shorter link for the center point attachment...

did you get a long one???
I got the short link in the conversion. I'm just wondering why you opted to go with the long link.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 11:32 PM   #6583
Tech Elite
 
OSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: o0O In the FishBowl O0o
Posts: 3,273
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
I got the short link in the conversion. I'm just wondering why you opted to go with the long link.
just personal preferance... basically, at full lock, guaranteed the link wont hit the shaft...
__________________
•KO Propo America
•EXOTEK
OSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 11:35 PM   #6584
Tech Master
 
Kenneth Tan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,123
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

May I know how heavy is the CGM at full running weight with bodyshell? The specs list show that it is 1580gm.
Kenneth Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 11:40 PM   #6585
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by OSherman
just personal preferance... basically, at full lock, guaranteed the link wont hit the shaft...
That's cool. But mine has a lower CG
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
yokomo or yokomo parts yokomo7 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 12-19-2009 08:45 PM
Yokomo is coming out with a new version of the bd : Yokomo BD 2 roadrashracing Electric On-Road 12 12-19-2007 07:08 AM
yokomo Aluminum Steering Bellcrank Posts and other yokomo spares hurley081182 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 02-27-2006 06:07 PM
Lots FS: CRC 3.2 & Yokomo YRX-12, Yokomo TC Tires, JR Receivers, New Motors, more TurboFC3S R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 15 09-22-2005 09:38 PM
WTB Yokomo 1/12 Mini...Trade for 1/10 Yokomo dynamic_e R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 07-12-2003 05:58 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:02 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net