R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2004, 12:05 AM   #6406
Tech Master
 
Tek Nickal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,301
Default

For I, an asphalt racer has no benifit from this chassis.
Tek Nickal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 01:01 AM   #6407
Tech Champion
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Randman,

I'll probably get there around 2:00-2:30PM, so you have about 4 hours before hand to slap it on and get a few packs in

Robert Itoh from Yokomo will be there too, and he'll be trying out the CGM as well. SoCal is a high-bite asphalt, so I can find out from Randman and Robert what their impression are on the CGM compare to the SSG.

Also, in case some of you guys are interested, we will be getting a small batch of Yokomo GP3300 in stock next week. Should be some good numbers out of these.

Steve Wang
__________________
>>>www.SpeedtechHobbies.com<<<
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 01:27 AM   #6408
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 992
Default

Can CGM Steering system use on RS?

Steve, when are you getting the rear bumper brace in stock?
Aku-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 01:47 AM   #6409
Tech Master
 
johnbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Malta. G.C.
Posts: 1,762
Default

Horatio. Greetings from Malta.

You ask about where I get my Corally bits from.

If you look in the Corally website you will see:

Importers for UK. Model Tech. That's Mike Smith.

Importers for Malta. John Bull. That's me.

I know Mike. Very knowledgeable. But I buy direct from the factory. However, when we race in UK Mike always offers to help us with any Corally stuff we may not have with us.

Both my son and I run Corally motors and cells exclusively in our cars.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 02:04 AM   #6410
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: singapore
Posts: 107
Default mr4tc sp

hey guys i need help for me car...bought it off someone for quite a resonable deal...anyways i was rebuilding the rear diffs but come to installing it back i was confused that one part of the manual says the adjusment screw has to be on the left but another says it has to be on the right...which is which...i really dont want to screw up the thing if i installed it in the wrong side...hope someone can help me wit this..thx..
razi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 03:38 AM   #6411
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 3,865
Default

One of the diff halves is moulded with a hexagonal shape for the diff nut to go in, another is moulded smooth, that's where the thrust and diff screw go.

The diff will only fit physically in the car in one direction.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 05:40 AM   #6412
Tech Master
 
johnbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Malta. G.C.
Posts: 1,762
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by sosidge
One of the diff halves is moulded with a hexagonal shape for the diff nut to go in, another is moulded smooth, that's where the thrust and diff screw go.

The diff will only fit physically in the car in one direction.
Sorry Sosidge.

I'm afraid it won't. It fits both sides as I found out.

Took the front diff out and put it back in wrong way round by mistake.

Result: rear wheels turn forward - front wheels turn back.

Doesn't go very well that way.

regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 05:48 AM   #6413
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Sheffield, UK
Posts: 737
Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200
Default

John, we're talking about a MR4TC SP here, not SD... It's really unlikely that the belts will go the wrong way...
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 06:28 AM   #6414
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 3,865
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by johnbull

Took the front diff out and put it back in wrong way round by mistake.

Result: rear wheels turn forward - front wheels turn back.

Doesn't go very well that way.
Yeah, the question was belt-drive.

But what I want to know is whether you found this out on the test-bench... or on the track? Maybe at the start of the final? That would be a sight to match the old "backwards-wired motor trick" I would think!
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 06:56 AM   #6415
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: singapore
Posts: 107
Default

so should the diff adj screw be on the left or right side of the car..
razi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 07:08 AM   #6416
Tech Fanatic
 
DHMOTORSPORTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Central IL.
Posts: 836
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedTech
Randman,

I'll probably get there around 2:00-2:30PM, so you have about 4 hours before hand to slap it on and get a few packs in

Robert Itoh from Yokomo will be there too, and he'll be trying out the CGM as well. SoCal is a high-bite asphalt, so I can find out from Randman and Robert what their impression are on the CGM compare to the SSG.

Also, in case some of you guys are interested, we will be getting a small batch of Yokomo GP3300 in stock next week. Should be some good numbers out of these.

Steve Wang
Man Robert is gonna come out of retirement?..WOW..Wish I could be there for that..I was told he is quite the wheel..Look out Randman..lol
__________________
Trinity / Team Epic / ReVtech Batteries / TRC / F-Bomb Graphix
DHMOTORSPORTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 08:48 AM   #6417
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: London, England
Posts: 10
Default Help needed

I'm just building my new Yokomo SD Black special and with the kit I bought the ceramic ball bearings. Looking at the ceramic kit there are 2 (5mm x 8mm) bearings in the kit and I need 4, these are for the diffs as I am sure everybody is aware. I have looked at the Yokomo website and all the bearing kits come with only 2 (5mm x 8mm) bearings.

Clearly I'm missing something, but I'm not sure what. Am I supposed to use 1 ceramic and 1 standard bearing per diff, or 1 diff with ceramic bearings and 1 with standard bearings, either way, it kind of defeats the purpose of having ceramic bearings. I'm sure it's something really simple and I am just being a dumbass, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 08:54 AM   #6418
Tech Addict
 
lonestar1127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Country of Wind
Posts: 678
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

i tink yr kit comes with one ball diff and one oneway
lonestar1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 09:15 AM   #6419
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,197
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Help needed

Quote:
Originally posted by Hudd
I'm just building my new Yokomo SD Black special and with the kit I bought the ceramic ball bearings. Looking at the ceramic kit there are 2 (5mm x 8mm) bearings in the kit and I need 4, these are for the diffs as I am sure everybody is aware. I have looked at the Yokomo website and all the bearing kits come with only 2 (5mm x 8mm) bearings.

Clearly I'm missing something, but I'm not sure what. Am I supposed to use 1 ceramic and 1 standard bearing per diff, or 1 diff with ceramic bearings and 1 with standard bearings, either way, it kind of defeats the purpose of having ceramic bearings. I'm sure it's something really simple and I am just being a dumbass, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
The ceramic ball bearing kit, is for a car using a front one-way. If you think about it, the use of ceramic bearings in a diff has little advantage over regular bearings anyway. Unless you want your diff to slip alot.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 09:46 AM   #6420
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: London, England
Posts: 10
Default

Thanks for the help guys
Hudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
yokomo or yokomo parts yokomo7 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 12-19-2009 08:45 PM
Yokomo is coming out with a new version of the bd : Yokomo BD 2 roadrashracing Electric On-Road 12 12-19-2007 07:08 AM
yokomo Aluminum Steering Bellcrank Posts and other yokomo spares hurley081182 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 02-27-2006 06:07 PM
Lots FS: CRC 3.2 & Yokomo YRX-12, Yokomo TC Tires, JR Receivers, New Motors, more TurboFC3S R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 15 09-22-2005 09:38 PM
WTB Yokomo 1/12 Mini...Trade for 1/10 Yokomo dynamic_e R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 07-12-2003 05:58 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:27 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net