Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 11:05 PM
Tech Master

For I, an asphalt racer has no benifit from this chassis.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Randman,

I'll probably get there around 2:00-2:30PM, so you have about 4 hours before hand to slap it on and get a few packs in

Robert Itoh from Yokomo will be there too, and he'll be trying out the CGM as well. SoCal is a high-bite asphalt, so I can find out from Randman and Robert what their impression are on the CGM compare to the SSG.

Also, in case some of you guys are interested, we will be getting a small batch of Yokomo GP3300 in stock next week. Should be some good numbers out of these.

Steve Wang
Old 01-31-2004, 12:27 AM

Can CGM Steering system use on RS?

Steve, when are you getting the rear bumper brace in stock?
Old 01-31-2004, 12:47 AM
Tech Master

Horatio. Greetings from Malta.

You ask about where I get my Corally bits from.

If you look in the Corally website you will see:

Importers for UK. Model Tech. That's Mike Smith.

Importers for Malta. John Bull. That's me.

I know Mike. Very knowledgeable. But I buy direct from the factory. However, when we race in UK Mike always offers to help us with any Corally stuff we may not have with us.

Both my son and I run Corally motors and cells exclusively in our cars.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:04 AM
Tech Adept

Default mr4tc sp

hey guys i need help for me car...bought it off someone for quite a resonable deal...anyways i was rebuilding the rear diffs but come to installing it back i was confused that one part of the manual says the adjusment screw has to be on the left but another says it has to be on the right...which is which...i really dont want to screw up the thing if i installed it in the wrong side...hope someone can help me wit this..thx..
Old 01-31-2004, 02:38 AM
Tech Elite

One of the diff halves is moulded with a hexagonal shape for the diff nut to go in, another is moulded smooth, that's where the thrust and diff screw go.

The diff will only fit physically in the car in one direction.
Old 01-31-2004, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by sosidge
One of the diff halves is moulded with a hexagonal shape for the diff nut to go in, another is moulded smooth, that's where the thrust and diff screw go.

The diff will only fit physically in the car in one direction.
Sorry Sosidge.

I'm afraid it won't. It fits both sides as I found out.

Took the front diff out and put it back in wrong way round by mistake.

Result: rear wheels turn forward - front wheels turn back.

Doesn't go very well that way.

regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 01-31-2004, 04:48 AM
Tech Addict

John, we're talking about a MR4TC SP here, not SD... It's really unlikely that the belts will go the wrong way...
Old 01-31-2004, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by johnbull

Took the front diff out and put it back in wrong way round by mistake.

Result: rear wheels turn forward - front wheels turn back.

Doesn't go very well that way.
Yeah, the question was belt-drive.

But what I want to know is whether you found this out on the test-bench... or on the track? Maybe at the start of the final? That would be a sight to match the old "backwards-wired motor trick" I would think!
Old 01-31-2004, 05:56 AM
Tech Adept

so should the diff adj screw be on the left or right side of the car..
Old 01-31-2004, 06:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Randman,

I'll probably get there around 2:00-2:30PM, so you have about 4 hours before hand to slap it on and get a few packs in

Robert Itoh from Yokomo will be there too, and he'll be trying out the CGM as well. SoCal is a high-bite asphalt, so I can find out from Randman and Robert what their impression are on the CGM compare to the SSG.

Also, in case some of you guys are interested, we will be getting a small batch of Yokomo GP3300 in stock next week. Should be some good numbers out of these.

Steve Wang
Man Robert is gonna come out of retirement?..WOW..Wish I could be there for that..I was told he is quite the wheel..Look out Randman..lol
Old 01-31-2004, 07:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Help needed

I'm just building my new Yokomo SD Black special and with the kit I bought the ceramic ball bearings. Looking at the ceramic kit there are 2 (5mm x 8mm) bearings in the kit and I need 4, these are for the diffs as I am sure everybody is aware. I have looked at the Yokomo website and all the bearing kits come with only 2 (5mm x 8mm) bearings.

Clearly I'm missing something, but I'm not sure what. Am I supposed to use 1 ceramic and 1 standard bearing per diff, or 1 diff with ceramic bearings and 1 with standard bearings, either way, it kind of defeats the purpose of having ceramic bearings. I'm sure it's something really simple and I am just being a dumbass, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-31-2004, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i tink yr kit comes with one ball diff and one oneway
Old 01-31-2004, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Help needed

Originally posted by Hudd
I'm just building my new Yokomo SD Black special and with the kit I bought the ceramic ball bearings. Looking at the ceramic kit there are 2 (5mm x 8mm) bearings in the kit and I need 4, these are for the diffs as I am sure everybody is aware. I have looked at the Yokomo website and all the bearing kits come with only 2 (5mm x 8mm) bearings.

Clearly I'm missing something, but I'm not sure what. Am I supposed to use 1 ceramic and 1 standard bearing per diff, or 1 diff with ceramic bearings and 1 with standard bearings, either way, it kind of defeats the purpose of having ceramic bearings. I'm sure it's something really simple and I am just being a dumbass, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
The ceramic ball bearing kit, is for a car using a front one-way. If you think about it, the use of ceramic bearings in a diff has little advantage over regular bearings anyway. Unless you want your diff to slip alot.
Old 01-31-2004, 08:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the help guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.