Send a message via AIM to wyd

Johnbull very nice looking Yoke.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 01:22 PM   #6227
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by johnbull
It just seems to do everything so much better.

Certainly tweek is a thing of the past.

Oh. One thing you will not have noticed is the prop shaft. This is a shortened TC3 carbon one. Very easy, very light and totally effective. Haven't had any trouble with it at all.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Can you still get hold of the Carbon TC3 centre drive shaft? I've heard people say that AE have stopped doing them.
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 03:41 PM   #6228
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by icon
Does anyone know if the car will include molded graphite pieces for the rest of the car or regular composite?
yes it will be out of graffite..
Jimmy Fukuyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 03:45 PM   #6229
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Fukuyama
yes it will be out of graffite..
Hey Jimmy Just wanted to say hi..

See ya sometime latter, Chris Tosolini.
Old 01-26-2004, 03:53 PM   #6230
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Uh oh, Jimmy's talking to himself... that's never a good sign.
Old 01-26-2004, 04:10 PM   #6231
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey Jimmy..

waz up dude...
Dan told me you're no longer racing and have taken up Rapping in Japan.. I say what!...

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 04:16 PM   #6232
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Howdy folks,

Johnbull: Very nice car! btw, still waiting for a PM back from you about my buddy's SD...

All: some misc. comments:

- I disassembled most of my yoke this WE... Square Ti bones are completely worn out... I switched back to the original steel bones... never again...

- Front one way "spur" (sorry, I don't know how to say it in english, but I'm sure you understand what I mean) was chewed up... I guess I should have heard the noise... and used some more shims on the one-way

- removed the grease and oiled most bearings... Car has a pretty nice free-wheel now... if it weren't for two messed-up front wheel bearings. I guess I'll try another brand that yokomo's. They are crap... I'll try acer's teflasonic, they're fine on my 8th scaler.

- Practiced tonight (it's GMT+1 here)... here's a copy of a post I made on Toso's thread... maybe you guys can advise too?

Thanks!
Later,

Paul

Hey Chris,

Paul from switzerland here... I'm looking for some advice on setting up the SD... I'd appreciate if maybe you could help.

I'm running the car on carpet with rubbers, in the 12turn class.

Basically I'd been fighting the car for a while to get more initial turn in. I had always run the rear tower up front, the car was always easy, but kinda slow in the technical sections. I figured out I'd try the stock front shock tower... and then, suddenly, the car has agressive turn-in! cool, I think... The problem is, the initial turn in response is awsome and allows me to position the car very nicely into the turns (tight indoor track), but in the apex the car has a strong tendency to "dive", ie the front tires suddenly bite really hard, and, ultimately, spin-off if I let the gas off a little too much.... It is also unstable in the chicanes, towards the end. In both circonstances, I gotta be *very* careful in carrying speed if I don't want it the become *very* loose...

On power behaviour is just fine, the car has plenty of steering, just like I wanted.

I've tried several things to tame down the car mid-turn... reducing rear droop, reducing front camber intake, increasing rear camber intake... I'd like not to loose the initial turn in response. Can you please help?

Current setup: 35 oil ll and #2 pistons all around, stock springs front, second hole from inside on A-arm, rayspeed yellow rear, outside hole on a-arm, front shock tower, one way, short wheelbase, front droop 5mm (underC-hub), rear droop 6mm, long front camber link bottom lower hole, rear camber link bottom lower hole. Stock ssg chassis, no lower ssg plate.

Thanks much!

Regards,

Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 04:30 PM   #6233
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Lonestar, try putting the silver or copper front sway bar on. This should take away that mid corner hook.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:12 PM   #6234
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies
Hey Jimmy..

waz up dude...
Dan told me you're no longer racing and have taken up Rapping in Japan.. I say what!...
I heard the same thing! So when are you gonna cut your first CD man?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 06:52 PM   #6235
Tech Regular

Default Sorry guys

Sorry guys, Chris Tosolini was using my computer earlier hanging out at office and forgot to log off my system and used my handle to post. Again, sorry bout that.

Hey rc-zombie and Randman, Doing good and hopefully be promoting for my girl. Learning how music production is done correctly.

Happy Racing

Jimmy
Old 01-26-2004, 07:54 PM   #6236
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Sorry guys

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Fukuyama
Sorry guys, Chris Tosolini was using my computer earlier hanging out at office and forgot to log off my system and used my handle to post. Again, sorry bout that.

Hey rc-zombie and Randman, Doing good and hopefully be promoting for my girl. Learning how music production is done correctly.

Happy Racing

Jimmy
sure Chris, we're not gonna fall for that one again LOL
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 08:29 PM   #6237
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to OHBRAD
Default Re: CERAMIC BEARINGS

Quote:
Originally posted by OHBRAD
hI Guys,

I am considering by the complete ceramic ball bearing set for the SD, if anyone can answer the following questions it would be much appreciated:

a) Are they worth getting in comparison to the original if so why?

b) With the old set i take the seals off and clean regulary, do you have to d othe same thing with ceramic bearings.

Regards Brad p
Old 01-26-2004, 08:39 PM   #6238
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to nitro_tacklebox

Question regarding the overseas version of the SSG-SD in comparison to the US version.

All I see different is the overseas version has the one way included. Am I correct in thinking that is the only difference in the kits?

Im really interested to know. Also, should I go for the Rayspeed Chassis Kit or wait till the CGM upgrade for the SSG-SD comes available.

Thanks!
nitro_tacklebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 10:27 PM   #6239
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by nitro_tacklebox
Question regarding the overseas version of the SSG-SD in comparison to the US version.

All I see different is the overseas version has the one way included. Am I correct in thinking that is the only difference in the kits?

Im really interested to know. Also, should I go for the Rayspeed Chassis Kit or wait till the CGM upgrade for the SSG-SD comes available.

Thanks!
a LHS called yokomo usa and got a reply saying that they will ship out the CGM conversion kit as well as chassis kit anytime this week, maybe you can wait a while to see if the CGM is good for you b4 you make the move
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 11:06 PM   #6240
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to alch

Quote:
Originally posted by 2Tenths
Alch: How stiff is the CGM chassis compared to the Black graphite one?
As Randman pointed out, it is much stiffer than the black chassis/upper deck..
alch is offline   Reply With Quote