Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 07:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Randman..Check this out..http://www.keil-dtm.de/link_k/YokomoK5.html
Just have to order one from germany to get it in red..hehe tempting..
Old 01-20-2004, 07:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by DHMOTORSPORTS
Anyone have a friend in Germany that I can talk to???
Old 01-20-2004, 07:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
Anyone have a friend in Germany that I can talk to???
A friend of mine I race with has a brother who just brought his CS chargers back from Germany..I am going to talk with him weds night and see if his brother will be going back SOON..Let ya know..
Old 01-20-2004, 07:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

A friend of mine I race with has a brother who just brought his CS chargers back from Germany..I am going to talk with him weds night and see if his brother will be going back SOON..Let ya know..
That would be really cool, save me some cash on anodizing as long as the price of the kit isn't high.
Old 01-20-2004, 08:57 PM

A while back someone posted pictures of Masami holding up a red anodized SD CGM. I thought it was a custom job, but looks like it will be a production car. Cool.

Randman: You're right, double topdecks rule!! (for carpet)
wcoyote: The graphite gear boxes are much stiffer (material), and they stiffen the overall chassis also. I've also found that using the standard motor plate rather than the RS one helps stiffness. I'm now using the black chassis (not RS) for the same reason.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Actually I ran a double top deck this past weekend at the Toys for Tots race, it must have been the bumpiest, lowest grip surface I've ever been on, and I pulled out a win in pro stock. The trick is just go 1 step softer on the springs than you normally would.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:21 PM

Product D released the 2.5 gear ratio for $40. Is it worth?
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-product-d.jpg  
Old 01-21-2004, 01:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally posted by Aku-Man

HELLLOOOOO-OOOOOO !!!

read the comments a couple of page below.

Answer is:

- if you like shiny fragile blue usueless stuff that costs the same as a practice pack, then yes.
- Else: no.

Paul
Old 01-21-2004, 01:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by sosidge
Blah, Blah, Blah.

Horatio - you seem like a consumer with very high standards. Clearly the SD is a substandard car.

I suggest you go get the superior TC3 and stop boring us with your conspiracy theories about parts and deliberately keeping stuff out of the UK.

I will continue to use my SD, which, in my experience is a brilliantly engineered car, with excellent parts fit. I've broken it twice in about 8 months (also a car from the first UK batch). Of course, I BUILD my cars, rather than just ASSEMBLE them, which may be why I checked that my driveshafts moved freely.

Oh, and CML have had parts lists for the BC for a long time. I happen to have a copy of one acquired from them on my website. I don't think you'll find one in a kit even now though...
True I have high standards. That's why I got the Yok SD in the first place!!! ;o)However, I have never called the SD a sub-standard car and I have regularly pointed out that I in fact love my Yok - so I resent the fact that you are suggesting I am panning the car. Cos I'm not. I haven't come up with any CONSPIRACY theory either, I've merely wondered why US racers have seemingly had no problems with the car whilst UK racers have had PLENTY regarding the issues I've mentioned.

I will continue to use my Yok SD, which is now considerably better as a result of changing those particular components, information that anyone new to the SD may find particularly helpful - especially if they find their car fragile. Rather than just deny everything and patronise them, something you're particularly good at Sosidge.

You clearly haven't read anyones messages about driveshafts and what happens to them, nor the solution to fix them - and it has nothing to do with with the maintenence side of things or 'building them properly' as you suggest.

The point I was making regarding CML and the BC was that they HAD to provide all the lists for the BC, because Yokomo wouldn't (and still wont for some reason) print the manuals with parts lists in

If I have bored anyone, I'm sorry. I won't discuss this anymore, I promise But what I will say is that this particular subject certainly got everyone talking for quite a while, so clearly everyone was soooo bored they all felt they had to post It certainly kept me busy anyway
Old 01-21-2004, 01:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Aku-Man
Alloy input gear? Thats going to be nasty, regardless of how many teeth it has - trust me.
Old 01-21-2004, 02:48 AM
Tech Addict

There are no problems at all with the plastic input gears, so these alloy input gears will add up weight and change the internal ratio for nothing.

NOT WORTH IT
Old 01-21-2004, 02:58 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah, I really cant imagine anyone on this thread buying that 2.5 internal ratio thing for $40. At least this is one thing we can all agree on
Old 01-21-2004, 04:14 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

I have been following the FRAGILE PARTS saga with interest.

I run 2 SDs, and my son runs a TC3. He has a spare car but has never found it necessary to use it so far.....touch wood!

Graphite parts have their advantages, one of them isn't durability. Since I started using graphite wishbones I have been breaking more, but I don't blame the wishbones for that but my driving. Perhaps I should stick with the more durable plastic ones.

But is the Yoke SD really any weaker, or for that matter is the TC3 any weaker than some of the other cars on the market. I certainly don't think so. I would rather break a wishbone than some of the other things that habitually break with other brands.

But what amazes me most is guys who are known wreckers buying cars for which there are no parts on the market. But that's another matter to do with common sense, so we'll leave it out of the argument.

Enjoy your Yokes as I do.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 01-21-2004, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by johnbull
Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

I have been following the FRAGILE PARTS saga with interest.

I run 2 SDs, and my son runs a TC3. He has a spare car but has never found it necessary to use it so far.....touch wood!

Graphite parts have their advantages, one of them isn't durability. Since I started using graphite wishbones I have been breaking more, but I don't blame the wishbones for that but my driving. Perhaps I should stick with the more durable plastic ones.

But is the Yoke SD really any weaker, or for that matter is the TC3 any weaker than some of the other cars on the market. I certainly don't think so. I would rather break a wishbone than some of the other things that habitually break with other brands.

But what amazes me most is guys who are known wreckers buying cars for which there are no parts on the market. But that's another matter to do with common sense, so we'll leave it out of the argument.

Enjoy your Yokes as I do.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
I'm familiar with both the TC3 and the SD. The TC3 is definitely a very durable car - I know because I raced mine for 2 seasons without breaking a single part. The newer G versions of the front wishbones and for the SD actually seem to be stronger than than the original kit items. I have yet to break any Yok SD graphite wishbones. You'd have thought the opposite, I know.

There will always be wreckers that continually smash ANY car that they lay their grubby mits on, but this isn't what I was talking about at all.

Matt Howard summed up what the situation was and how it has been addressed. With the new H and G parts, the Yok SD is certainly a better car regardless of what level racer you are.

However, I couldn't recommend the Yok SD SSG to newcomers to the sport. To be fair, it's not really intended as an entry level racer I suppose.

I have more confidence in the car since fitting these parts and that alone helps me race the car faster. I'm still keen to try the G version of the Carriers - when they turn up in the UK. Same goes for the gearboxes.
Old 01-21-2004, 05:53 AM
IH
Tech Adept

Randman: YGPM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.