R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-20-2004, 09:24 AM   #6031
Tech Addict

is the cheveron model G350GT body still carried by yokomo?
can't seems to find the part # for that body anymore on their web site
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 09:28 AM   #6032
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Fire
yes... and Speedtech sell them under the Cheveron label.

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 09:45 AM   #6033
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Part number is ZTC-018 (G350GT 190mm Body)
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 10:14 AM   #6034
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by sosidge
You really are paranoid about Yokomo aren't you?

First off you think that Britain gets faulty driveshafts.

Now you think they hold back updated parts from British cars.

The fact is that when Yokomo make a part - they make a part.

And when Yokomo update a mould - they update a mould.

When they're picking parts in the packing line, they don't care one bit about which nation the car is going to (except for the ball diff/one-way and instruction manuals).

So when the kits get shipped to the US and UK - they're the same.
No, I'm not Paronoid. AND believe me, large numbers of the driveshafts WERE (and probably still are in some cases) FAULTY. Period. I'm not making this up numb-nuts!!

Regards updated parts - what about the 4134G version of the carriers? In the US, people are using these parts already! But not in the UK - the part number exists, but the parts aren't here! Why? Because we're Brits, and we have to have everything last. Same for DVD's, Hop-up parts, new shells etc etc the list is endless. I'm not making it up.

As you say, when Yokomo make a mould they make a mould - but do you know precisely when that mould was first used for production? No - I doubt it.

So it's quite possible that 4134H and 4134 parts were included in kits which were sitting on shelves at the same time - but on different sides of the world. The fact that us brits clearly got the batches of 4134's was probably just bad luck - not through design - it could just have easily been the Americans that got the shit end of the stick.

Clearly, the very fact that some countries get one-ways, or green springs or silver springs means that different batches DO go to different countries.

Have any of you American racers got in your posession the fragile 4134 carriers that came in the kit? OR do the parts look just the same as 4134H parts? The difference between them isn't slight. If you need to get calipers out to tell the difference, chances are that you've had 4134H parts all along. That's my hunch.

If I'm wrong - I'm still not sorry

Sosidge - mate - the nearest I've ever been to being paranoid is when I first started racing the SD and I was convinced that the track markers were jumping out and 'attacking' my car!!
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 11:04 AM   #6035
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ive still got a few of the 4130s and they were breaking untill I added the Buds TC-3 bumper and the Suzuki steering hubs. Haven't broken any since then. Just saw the the 4130H in the LHS last week. It might be a design flaw, but Yokomo stepped up and fixed the problem. If you are not getting the parts in a timely manor that is because of your importer, not Yokomo Japan.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 11:12 AM   #6036
Tech Elite

Exclamation

Oh, and one more thing.

You'll notice that Yokomo and most other manufacturers will always print this somewhere on their products:

'we reserve the right to change the specifications of our products without notice'

These can be running changes, so it's entirely likely that kit's produced on different dates may contain different spec components.

I don't know how Yokomo dispatch their kits to different countries, but I bet it's not at random. In other words, it's possible the UK orders would be placed, kits produced and then dispatched, then the US, then wherever - in a certain order. This would explain why different countries get things at different times.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:24 AM   #6037
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by pops
Ive still got a few of the 4130s and they were breaking untill I added the Buds TC-3 bumper and the Suzuki steering hubs. Haven't broken any since then. Just saw the the 4130H in the LHS last week. It might be a design flaw, but Yokomo stepped up and fixed the problem. If you are not getting the parts in a timely manor that is because of your importer, not Yokomo Japan.
Enough of the 'might have been a flaw' already - it was a design weakness, ok?!!! And now it's fixed. Hurrah! Be pleased. Maybe the driveshafts have been revised too. May even have the same part number, you never know.

If you ask our importers though, CML, they will tell you the reason they can't get parts is due to the Manufacturer, Yokomo not supplying them. Who am I to believe - CML or you?

The same reason no parts list was included on the MR4 BC buggy - CML pretty much pleaded with them to include parts lists in the instructions, but Yokomo didn't bother. This was a Yokomo issue, not an 'importer' issue. CML then went through hell trying to supply parts for people that didn't have the part numbers for!!!

Nice one Yokomo.........
Old 01-20-2004, 11:27 AM   #6038
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Speedtechrc.com has them avalible.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 11:34 AM   #6039
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio
Enough of the 'might have been a flaw' already - it was a design weakness, ok?!!! And now it's fixed. Hurrah! Be pleased. Maybe the driveshafts have been revised too. May even have the same part number, you never know.

If you ask our importers though, CML, they will tell you the reason they can't get parts is due to the Manufacturer, Yokomo not supplying them. Who am I to believe - CML or you?

The same reason no parts list was included on the MR4 BC buggy - CML pretty much pleaded with them to include parts lists in the instructions, but Yokomo didn't bother. This was a Yokomo issue, not an 'importer' issue. CML then went through hell trying to supply parts for people that didn't have the part numbers for!!!

Nice one Yokomo.........
If you got a kit with old parts, that means you bought it from a hobby shop that has had it on the shelf a long time. I dont see why you are so bitter with Yokomo, as you seem to be the only person having all of these problems with how they do business...
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 11:51 AM   #6040
Tech Elite

Randman

I'm not bitter, I'm just saying it how it is. I still drive a Yok SD. However, lots of guys I know ARE bitter for the reasons I've just mentioned and now drive TC3s - shaft driven cars that don't break just by breathing on them!!

So don't get pissed at me for saying it how it is.

As I recall there was alot of finger pointing from certain people implying the reason why our cars were breaking in the UK was because weren't driving them properly.

What I'm implying is that UK and US kits had different parts from the 'get go' - a notion that you guys just seem to want to ignore.

Time will tell. All that I know is that my car doesn't break any more.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:51 AM   #6041
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200

Horatio,

There is a big difference between USA and UK : in USA the "importer" is the brand itself, and some parts are produced there, whereas in UK it's an importer.

Thus, it is absolutely normal that US ppl get parts before UK, or French or German ppl, as an importer needs to have a stock and sell that stock before buying new bits so there is more inertia down here than in US or Japan.

Now I bought my SD in US and it was the first batch. I still have to break a C-Hub and it is not the H version. Same for my mate who've been using a japanese car from the first batch aswell.

If parts are modified to solve a problem, then why should it have a different part number ? Besides, the amount of orders per day that a manufacturer have means that the newly designed part will be on all markets really soon.
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 11:55 AM   #6042
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
If you got a kit with old parts, that means you bought it from a hobby shop that has had it on the shelf a long time...
Actually, thats a bit of an assumption and entirely wrong - the reason is because I had one of the first kits to arrive in the UK. It didn't get a chance to sit on any shelf
Old 01-20-2004, 12:04 PM   #6043
Tech Addict

at least the dealer in UK is brining in the stuff

the dealer here in vancouver canada is more like an online shop, LHS's order the stuff from them, they then order the stuffs from the states, they never spend the effort to import the stuffs, and sometimes they don't even bother bringing in the stuff when you try to order, let alone the jack up price
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 12:07 PM   #6044
Tech Elite

Cobra:

Have you seen the type H versions next to your original ones?

If you've never broken them, how do you know that you're not already running type H's?

And would you say that it is very unusual to see the weaker versions break?

You may never break yours, well that's incredible because I know plenty of decent racers who have busted them on a fairly regular basis. Certainly the model shops sell a continuous stream of them, which kinda backs up what I'm saying and I'm assuming people aren't eating them!

Old 01-20-2004, 12:16 PM   #6045
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Horatio - I believe what you're saying about availability. I read complaints for years from people in Europe about kits and parts not in stock locally, but problems with breakage wasn't limited to the UK. I was discouraged from buying the car by a very reputable source because the racers he know were all frequently breaking parts. The person I bought my car from went back to his TC3 because he was tired of replacing parts. He claimed the car he sold me was in good shape but after I got it home and inspected it, the diff case (where the tower mounts) was cracked, as was the right rear hub, and left arm. It does look like Yok has addressed the problems though. I replaced the damaged parts and haven't had a problem yet. I didn't compare the new parts to the old however.
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote