Old 01-15-2004, 12:15 AM   #5926
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to OHBRAD
Default Re: ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET THESE

Quote:
Originally posted by OHBRAD
hI GUYS ,

ANYONE KNOW WHERE ELSE I CAN GET SOME EXCEL DELFRIN DIFF JOINT OTHER THEN FROM SPEEDTECH

REGARDS BRAD Phttp://64.70.208.72/speedtechrc/296.html

REGARDS BRAD P
Old 01-15-2004, 02:01 AM   #5927
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Firstly well done to Chris Tosolini. Great performance last weekend. Well done.

CHASSIS> The Andrew East chassis is very smart and alot of thought has gone into it. I saw Andrew's car a while ago and it is impressive.

I made my own carbon fibre chassis from 3.8 carbon supplied by Fibre Lyte. I used the Rayspeed steering geometry but moved the servo much further forward with the steering link from the servo operating the front of the left steering arm, rather than the rear. I will try and post some pics. This also allowed me to move the cells much further forward and further towards the centre.

I also made a locked front diff - spool - earlier this week from a piece of dural. It is actually lighter than the standard plastic diff. I used Corally Assassin drive shaft blades, which are a straight fit on our Yoke dogbones.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 05:24 AM   #5928
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Johnbull:

This sounds very interesting, certainly different to anything else on this thread. I look forward to seeing the photos.

Randman:

I'm quite sure the CGM chassis will work fine, just like the TC3 (Plastic Fantastic) did before it. It should be plenty stiff enough. But what I'm saying is I dont understand why anyone that owns a Yok SD which has already had (very expensive) chassis conversions done to them to make the car stiffer, why would they start getting excited about the CGM?

It's about time the stiffness of our chassis is actually properly and scientifically measured. People go to great lengths to measure the voltage from their cells to 3 decimal places - so why not!!

Isaac:

Now we're talking! Thats what I call a tub!! Very much like the old Pred touring car. Smart.
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 06:54 AM   #5929
IH
Tech Adept

Johnbull: Do you know the part # of the Corally drive shaft blades?

Thanks,
IH
IH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 07:21 AM   #5930
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by vtl1180ny
cut the part off that's supposed to connect to the servo and no more slop...
Sorry, I don't get it... do you mean just changing servo arms? On my car that won't do it... the slop is mostly on the left bellcrank/aluminium pole assembly...

Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 08:23 AM   #5931
Tech Initiate

The problem with slop on the left side (with std. servo placement) is that the bearings on the steering bellcrank (oposite the servo saver) are not very far apart. Just a tiny bit of slop in these bearings cause this bellcrank to twist sideways. The solution to this is to move the bearings farther apart, and you can do that with an extra servo-saver unit, without the ear that connects to the servo.

I've done the above, but also use the rayspeed graphite connecton plate, with bearings, between the two units. Very slop free...

Sigmund
sigmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 09:19 AM   #5932
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio
Randman:

I'm quite sure the CGM chassis will work fine, just like the TC3 (Plastic Fantastic) did before it. It should be plenty stiff enough. But what I'm saying is I dont understand why anyone that owns a Yok SD which has already had (very expensive) chassis conversions done to them to make the car stiffer, why would they start getting excited about the CGM?

It's about time the stiffness of our chassis is actually properly and scientifically measured. People go to great lengths to measure the voltage from their cells to 3 decimal places - so why not!!
The reason to get excited is that the new chassis is another tuning option. I think that by eliminating the need for the upper deck, you dont have to worry near as much about tweak. Even with my stiff RS chassis I did if I twist it to a point, it wont return to perfectly flat.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 10:14 AM   #5933
Tech Elite

Time will tell

It should do well. The New(ish) tub Xray has done pretty well so far.

Anything based around the SD is going to be quick - tub or otherwise
Old 01-15-2004, 10:17 AM   #5934
Tech Elite

Exclamation

OK I'll go right out and admit it:

I prefer 'proper' WCF (Woven Carbon Fibre) chassis over moulded carbon impregnated plastic anyday

Just my 2 cents worth
Old 01-15-2004, 11:13 AM   #5935
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I have 2 servo savers on my car, one acts as a servo saver and the other doesn't... If you notice, the servo saver side has virtually no slop while the other side does... So, you get another servo saver assembly, trim the ear off where the servo connects and put it on the non servo saver side... No more slop...
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 11:21 AM   #5936
Tech Master

Chassis Conversions:

Yes there are numerous convr. for the TC3, but how many are from Associated?

Yokomo makes just as many if not more than aftermakret companies for their own cars....

Figure that one out.

Eric

People who don't have to wait for the latest item, should not tell those that do, that "It's worth the wait"
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 12:21 PM   #5937
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default rayspeed springs and associated parts?

Folks,

I just bought a set of rayspeed springs and alum retainers... unfortunately I was only shipped to retainers... which ones to use instead? AE retainers? std yoke retainers?

One more Q: with a rear shock tower upfront (std ssg car), which shock ends to use with stock shock bodies? long or short ends?

Thanks a lot!
Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 12:42 PM   #5938
Tech Elite

The Rayspeed springs are too long to go on the Yokomo bottoms without raising the ride height considerably. Try Associated ends until you get more Rayspeed shock bottoms.

Short or long ends depend entirely what length you want the shocks to be - 63mm or less, go short, 64mm or more, go long. It seems most people go long, personally I still run short.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 12:44 PM   #5939
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to Ragman

Another, easier, way to cure the steering slop is to pinch the steering tube a little bit where the 2 bearings sit. Just enough so they become a push fit instead of just slide on, that seems to take out a bit of play. Another one I've heard is to use the rose joint ball ends that are used on the roll bar drop links, apparantly these are a slightly tighter fit.

//Stu
Ragman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 05:22 PM   #5940
Tech Rookie

Default Re: Check this ou!!

Quote:
Originally posted by lem2
Just in case youhave an extra SD.
Got any more pics of the SD Buggy?
Or links?
Doomanic is offline   Reply With Quote