R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-11-2004, 09:42 AM   #5851
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by marzin
HI Fellow Yokomos!,

I remembered many post ago, there was some step by step instructions on how to flip the servo 90 degs, any kind souls still hv the link to that ?

I would like to try that too. would you need to drill holes for the servo posts?

Thanks a Million!!
check out the pic 3 posts above
use the included but not used servo saver piece on the part tree to build the servo saver, then swap the left and right steering columns (left to right and right to left), then rotate the servo. if you use servo tape then you don't need to drill holes, otherwise line up the servo, mark the holes, drill and countersink the 2 new holes on the bottom of the chassis
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 10:10 AM   #5852
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

Chris Tosolini TQ's US Novak Championships in Modified Sedan with his Yokomo SD! Chris also was 3rd qualifier in 19t. Looks like Chris has found a sweet spot for the SD on carpet. We will have to get the scoop when he gets back from Wisc.

Good to see the SD doing well onthe rug...looks like the car is fast everywhere...sweet!

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 12:04 PM   #5853
Tech Master

And it looks like he is just using a regular black SD with graphite parts here and there. Standard steering, shock tower, etc. No fancy mods.
forty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 01:25 PM   #5854
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Werner
Was looking at Chris's pics of the car he is racing at the Novak and it has Red colored springs in the front and Copper looking springs in the rear...any thoughts on what make they are?

Also I see he is using some blue spring retention on the bottom part of the springs...are those Rayspeed? and do they allow a person to get some of the lower ride heights vs the stock ones?

Thanks for any info...

Jeff
Jeff,

I'm not sure on this, but they might be associated sprigns (Red and copper) and the Rayspeed retainers (RS-15) will allow you to use the rayspeed springs and the Associated springs I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I'm speculating

Steve Wang
Old 01-11-2004, 03:17 PM   #5855
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

The Rayspeed retainers work perfectly with AE springs, that's what I'm currently using...
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 08:00 PM   #5856
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I believe Chris is running his own chassis, made from a firmer Graphite.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 08:06 PM   #5857
Tech Master

Two Yokomo Rayspeeds win at Northwest Carpet Champs in Stockton over this weekend. Yokomo drivers Alex Siemantel wins 27 Turn Stock and Matt Howard wins 19 Turn Stock with Alex taking 2nd in that class too! The cars were dialed
Old 01-11-2004, 08:08 PM   #5858
Tech Fanatic

Alex is the master in stock!
James Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 08:18 PM   #5859
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

Now do the Rayspeed retainers still work with the yokomo springs? I have had some issues with getting the yok springs to make the ride height that I needed. I can get the AE springs to make it with the AE bottoms and retainers...but want to copy some of the available setups using the yok springs.

Thanks

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 09:25 PM   #5860
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Werner
Now do the Rayspeed retainers still work with the yokomo springs? I have had some issues with getting the yok springs to make the ride height that I needed. I can get the AE springs to make it with the AE bottoms and retainers...but want to copy some of the available setups using the yok springs.

Thanks

Jeff
Haven't tried that, but don't think the Rayspeed retainers will work with Yoke springs. Tobee Craft makes some blue anodized retainers for the Yoke springs.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:10 AM   #5861
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by pops
Two Yokomo Rayspeeds win at Northwest Carpet Champs in Stockton over this weekend. Yokomo drivers Alex Siemantel wins 27 Turn Stock and Matt Howard wins 19 Turn Stock with Alex taking 2nd in that class too! The cars were dialed
Jason Erthracter pulled out the win in 1/12 mod with Matt right behind him for a 1-2 Yokomo finish there.

I was dialed in the modified main, but got punted by one of the AE drivers in the hairpin turn off of the front straight, cost me some time, but I was able to catch up to 4th.

I switched to Kisbey motors, and I've never driven anything this fast, took me some time to learn to get it under control. It was a very fun weekend though.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 01:41 AM   #5862
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Merciless

Getting the Rayspeed sd steering set-up "RIGHT"

Notice what i've filed away and the relocation of the spacer to the steering hub

That's about it really very easy to do!!
But your now able to space up those lower wishbones if you want to.......Oh and the bump-steer is gone
Attached Images
File Type: jpg material removed 2.jpg (32.5 KB, 195 views)
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 01:42 AM   #5863
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Merciless

Spacer placement
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spacing out bump-steer 2.jpg (32.1 KB, 166 views)
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 08:03 AM   #5864
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Jason Erthracter pulled out the win in 1/12 mod with Matt right behind him for a 1-2 Yokomo finish there.

I was dialed in the modified main, but got punted by one of the AE drivers in the hairpin turn off of the front straight, cost me some time, but I was able to catch up to 4th.

I switched to Kisbey motors, and I've never driven anything this fast, took me some time to learn to get it under control. It was a very fun weekend though.
One of those AE driver's punted me also when I was in 3rd. By the time I was placed back on the track I was in DEAD LAST. My car didn't feel up to par but it was doing okay. I hate foams and will go back to rubber tire's once my Mi2 gets here. Good racing with you. Maybe we'll meet up at another race in the future.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:05 AM   #5865
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Matt H- good run in sedan and 12th scale. Thanks for the roll out help. I'll catch you in about two or three weeks.

Alex S. is the man in stock. That was by far one of the best races that I've seen in a while. He's my new hero for 2004