Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Yokomo MR-4TC SD >

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Old 12-30-2003, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Masami stopped racing offroad? Must have gotten tired of winning so many World Championships.

Speaking of gears, I bet the gears would have to be upgraded for the off road abuse. To get back on topic....Anyone know when the CGM is due since it was delayed?
Old 12-30-2003, 04:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

end of january is the latest word for the CGM car and conversion
Old 12-30-2003, 07:04 PM
Tech Adept

YOK-SD ALUM. SUSPENSION MOUNT

Is it true that using the alum. mount (F & R) will help to reduce the changes of chasis tweak???
Old 12-30-2003, 08:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by MARKANO
YOK-SD ALUM. SUSPENSION MOUNT

Is it true that using the alum. mount (F & R) will help to reduce the changes of chasis tweak???
not that I've heard
Old 12-31-2003, 12:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Actually I think it would help prevent flex just a little bit simply because of how solid they are, the stock plastic ones are pretty flimsy. Preventing tweak... I doubt that.
Old 12-31-2003, 04:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have a question about the Shooters inner Alu. Camber Link and upperdeck mount. It looks like it's really hard to find at a rcshop on the net.. I have ordered one from RCmushroom.com, out of stock and one mount from PrecisionRC.com, out of stock there too.
Right now i'm waiting because if i oreder one from another shop i have 3.. (not good)
Anyone else have this problem?
Old 12-31-2003, 06:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
Actually I think it would help prevent flex just a little bit simply because of how solid they are, the stock plastic ones are pretty flimsy. Preventing tweak... I doubt that.
I'll catch you in about a weeks time. I won't be doing the all day practice on Friday but I'll be there bright and early on Saturday. Good luck to you and happy new year.
Old 12-31-2003, 08:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

This is a little of topic but I need some help and I know you can help me b/c more than likely you went from this car to the SD.

I have just recently purchased a used MR4TC sp w/ the SSG chassis and top plate.

I am having a difficult time finding parts like the front universals, foam bumper, sway bars, servo mounts, etc.

What, if any, parts on the SD are interchangeable with this car?

Also, what reaplacement parts do I need to stock up on before the supply dries up completely?

And lastly, anyone got a carpet setup for this car. I can't seem to find any on the web.

thanks in advance.

-rodney barrett
Old 12-31-2003, 08:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by rodneybarrett
This is a little of topic but I need some help and I know you can help me b/c more than likely you went from this car to the SD.

I have just recently purchased a used MR4TC sp w/ the SSG chassis and top plate.

I am having a difficult time finding parts like the front universals, foam bumper, sway bars, servo mounts, etc.

What, if any, parts on the SD are interchangeable with this car?

Also, what reaplacement parts do I need to stock up on before the supply dries up completely?

And lastly, anyone got a carpet setup for this car. I can't seem to find any on the web.

thanks in advance.

-rodney barrett
Front and rear axles are compatible along with the rear dog bones.

Last edited by rc-zombies; 12-31-2003 at 09:14 AM.
Old 12-31-2003, 12:23 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default drivetrain

hey guys

whats the best way to free up the drive train for the yoke SD. my cuda has a really free drive train right now..and want my SD to match.

ive cleaned my bearings and used the proper oil... sanded down the gears and made sure the mesh is right.. anything else? whats the best way to align the whole drive train also? thanks for your help.

i was gonna sell my SD but im thinking of keeping it now and make it work and use it as a parking lot race car. hope everyone has a happy new year!
Old 12-31-2003, 12:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by STLNLST
I'll catch you in about a weeks time. I won't be doing the all day practice on Friday but I'll be there bright and early on Saturday. Good luck to you and happy new year.
Cool, I'll get some pics of my body so you guys know who to look for, drop by the pit. Lookin forward to meeting some new people.
Old 12-31-2003, 12:26 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default Re: drivetrain

Originally posted by Hebiki
hey guys

whats the best way to free up the drive train for the yoke SD. my cuda has a really free drive train right now..and want my SD to match.

ive cleaned my bearings and used the proper oil... sanded down the gears and made sure the mesh is right.. anything else? whats the best way to align the whole drive train also? thanks for your help.

i was gonna sell my SD but im thinking of keeping it now and make it work and use it as a parking lot race car. hope everyone has a happy new year!
Drop by my pit, I'll try to help ya out.
Old 12-31-2003, 12:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

thanks. ill do some experimenting with it over the weekend. i broke in the drive train for about 8 hours with a slave motor.. that helped a little. i had an easier time with the R2. altho i prefer to drive this car at socal.
Old 12-31-2003, 03:26 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Hebiki
thanks. ill do some experimenting with it over the weekend. i broke in the drive train for about 8 hours with a slave motor.. that helped a little. i had an easier time with the R2. altho i prefer to drive this car at socal.
My SD was perfectly seated out of the box, I didn't do any break in...
Old 12-31-2003, 03:27 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Matt - Thanks for the help with the foams, I found them at Tower Hobbies (20 bucks a pair sucks!) but they'll be here Tuesday, hopefully my lathe will be here this Friday..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.