R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-30-2003, 02:55 PM   #5611
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Grand Junction, CO
Posts: 329
Default

Masami stopped racing offroad? Must have gotten tired of winning so many World Championships.

Speaking of gears, I bet the gears would have to be upgraded for the off road abuse. To get back on topic....Anyone know when the CGM is due since it was delayed?
wcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 05:05 PM   #5612
Tech Champion
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

end of january is the latest word for the CGM car and conversion
__________________
Official member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent and proud supporter of Conjectural Technologies.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 08:04 PM   #5613
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 177
Default

YOK-SD ALUM. SUSPENSION MOUNT

Is it true that using the alum. mount (F & R) will help to reduce the changes of chasis tweak???
MARKANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 09:19 PM   #5614
Tech Champion
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by MARKANO
YOK-SD ALUM. SUSPENSION MOUNT

Is it true that using the alum. mount (F & R) will help to reduce the changes of chasis tweak???
not that I've heard
__________________
Official member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent and proud supporter of Conjectural Technologies.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 01:16 AM   #5615
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Actually I think it would help prevent flex just a little bit simply because of how solid they are, the stock plastic ones are pretty flimsy. Preventing tweak... I doubt that.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 05:07 AM   #5616
Tech Fanatic
 
Tommy Bergfeldt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 979
Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt
Default

I have a question about the Shooters inner Alu. Camber Link and upperdeck mount. It looks like it's really hard to find at a rcshop on the net.. I have ordered one from RCmushroom.com, out of stock and one mount from PrecisionRC.com, out of stock there too.
Right now i'm waiting because if i oreder one from another shop i have 3.. (not good)
Anyone else have this problem?
__________________
JMI Motorsport / Red Bull Racing
HB Cyclone TC - Schumacher CAT SX & Cougar SV
Advanced Electronics - Autopartner.se - Sav÷x - NorthTQ
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 07:48 AM   #5617
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,999
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Actually I think it would help prevent flex just a little bit simply because of how solid they are, the stock plastic ones are pretty flimsy. Preventing tweak... I doubt that.
I'll catch you in about a weeks time. I won't be doing the all day practice on Friday but I'll be there bright and early on Saturday. Good luck to you and happy new year.
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 09:13 AM   #5618
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 852
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

This is a little of topic but I need some help and I know you can help me b/c more than likely you went from this car to the SD.


I have just recently purchased a used MR4TC sp w/ the SSG chassis and top plate.

I am having a difficult time finding parts like the front universals, foam bumper, sway bars, servo mounts, etc.

What, if any, parts on the SD are interchangeable with this car?

Also, what reaplacement parts do I need to stock up on before the supply dries up completely?


And lastly, anyone got a carpet setup for this car. I can't seem to find any on the web.

thanks in advance.

-rodney barrett
rodneybarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 09:19 AM   #5619
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rodneybarrett
This is a little of topic but I need some help and I know you can help me b/c more than likely you went from this car to the SD.


I have just recently purchased a used MR4TC sp w/ the SSG chassis and top plate.

I am having a difficult time finding parts like the front universals, foam bumper, sway bars, servo mounts, etc.

What, if any, parts on the SD are interchangeable with this car?

Also, what reaplacement parts do I need to stock up on before the supply dries up completely?


And lastly, anyone got a carpet setup for this car. I can't seem to find any on the web.

thanks in advance.

-rodney barrett
Front and rear axles are compatible along with the rear dog bones.

__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA

Last edited by rc-zombies; 12-31-2003 at 10:14 AM.
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 01:23 PM   #5620
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default drivetrain

hey guys

whats the best way to free up the drive train for the yoke SD. my cuda has a really free drive train right now..and want my SD to match.

ive cleaned my bearings and used the proper oil... sanded down the gears and made sure the mesh is right.. anything else? whats the best way to align the whole drive train also? thanks for your help.

i was gonna sell my SD but im thinking of keeping it now and make it work and use it as a parking lot race car. hope everyone has a happy new year!
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 01:24 PM   #5621
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
I'll catch you in about a weeks time. I won't be doing the all day practice on Friday but I'll be there bright and early on Saturday. Good luck to you and happy new year.
Cool, I'll get some pics of my body so you guys know who to look for, drop by the pit. Lookin forward to meeting some new people.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 01:26 PM   #5622
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default Re: drivetrain

Quote:
Originally posted by Hebiki
hey guys

whats the best way to free up the drive train for the yoke SD. my cuda has a really free drive train right now..and want my SD to match.

ive cleaned my bearings and used the proper oil... sanded down the gears and made sure the mesh is right.. anything else? whats the best way to align the whole drive train also? thanks for your help.

i was gonna sell my SD but im thinking of keeping it now and make it work and use it as a parking lot race car. hope everyone has a happy new year!
Drop by my pit, I'll try to help ya out.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 01:33 PM   #5623
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

thanks. ill do some experimenting with it over the weekend. i broke in the drive train for about 8 hours with a slave motor.. that helped a little. i had an easier time with the R2. altho i prefer to drive this car at socal.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 04:26 PM   #5624
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Hebiki
thanks. ill do some experimenting with it over the weekend. i broke in the drive train for about 8 hours with a slave motor.. that helped a little. i had an easier time with the R2. altho i prefer to drive this car at socal.
My SD was perfectly seated out of the box, I didn't do any break in...
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 04:27 PM   #5625
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Matt - Thanks for the help with the foams, I found them at Tower Hobbies (20 bucks a pair sucks!) but they'll be here Tuesday, hopefully my lathe will be here this Friday..
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
yokomo or yokomo parts yokomo7 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 12-19-2009 08:45 PM
Yokomo is coming out with a new version of the bd : Yokomo BD 2 roadrashracing Electric On-Road 12 12-19-2007 07:08 AM
yokomo Aluminum Steering Bellcrank Posts and other yokomo spares hurley081182 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 02-27-2006 06:07 PM
Lots FS: CRC 3.2 & Yokomo YRX-12, Yokomo TC Tires, JR Receivers, New Motors, more TurboFC3S R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 15 09-22-2005 09:38 PM
WTB Yokomo 1/12 Mini...Trade for 1/10 Yokomo dynamic_e R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 07-12-2003 05:58 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:15 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net