Yokomo MR-4TC SD >

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Old 12-27-2003, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default shimming

has anyone played around with the amount of shims used for the SD with any gain in a more freeer drivetrain

regards brad p
Old 12-27-2003, 11:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by Matt Howard
YGPM, see you in stockton in a couple weeks
Thanks for the help Matt

Just trying to decide now if I want to stick to stock, or venture into mod as well..
Old 12-27-2003, 11:34 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Re: shimming

Originally posted by OHBRAD
has anyone played around with the amount of shims used for the SD with any gain in a more freeer drivetrain

regards brad p
You can remove shims to make the drivetrain more free, but you will risk chipping gears a bit more than you would if it were tight.
Old 12-28-2003, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Check this ou!!

Just in case youhave an extra SD.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-sdbuggy.jpg  
Old 12-28-2003, 12:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I thought doing this but I've sold all my extra part I don't need It was too much money for a car I was not sure to use...
This one looks very cool!
Old 12-28-2003, 02:01 AM
IH
Tech Adept

...looks awesome!
Old 12-28-2003, 05:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally posted by utieh
I thought doing this but I've sold all my extra part I don't need It was too much money for a car I was not sure to use...
This one looks very cool!
What is that a combo of MX4 and the BC parts? That looks REALLY SWEET..That makes me want another SD to swap parts with..lol.. Nice job..
Old 12-28-2003, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation more driveshaft problems!!!!!!!!

hello, i am pis*ed off i have had the same problem with my SD driveshafts 3 times!. the cylinder in the end of the drive shaft consistently locks up which puts strain on the hub and snaps either the ring inside the hub seperating the bearings or snaps the actual hub itself. there are 3 SDs at my local club and all of them have had the same problem it has happend to all cars more than once, the first time it happend to mine bith sides locked up at the same time. this is OBVIOUSLY a design fault and i am not prepared to keep buying hubs. i have been told to sand down the cylinder with fine emery cloth and it will cure it. but why should i have to do that in my own time. yokomo should have tested this part to make sure it does not fail. who has had the same problem and can you send me an email. or post back. i am going to write to cml and see if there is a renewed design, if not then why?? and if one comes out, i want one for no cost.

Paul Heyhoe
Old 12-28-2003, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Default Driveshaft Problems again!!!!!!

lo, i am pis*ed off i have had the same problem with my SD driveshafts 3 times!. the cylinder in the end of the drive shaft consistently locks up which puts strain on the hub and snaps either the ring inside the hub seperating the bearings or snaps the actual hub itself. there are 3 SDs at my local club and all of them have had the same problem it has happend to all cars more than once, the first time it happend to mine bith sides locked up at the same time. this is OBVIOUSLY a design fault and i am not prepared to keep buying hubs. i have been told to sand down the cylinder with fine emery cloth and it will cure it. but why should i have to do that in my own time. yokomo should have tested this part to make sure it does not fail. who has had the same problem and can you send me an email. or post back. i am going to write to cml and see if there is a renewed design, if not then why?? and if one comes out, i want one for no cost.

Paul Heyhoe

Old 12-28-2003, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

It happened to me once, my buddy told me I needed to rebuild them(clean, relubricate).Get yourself some MIP CVD lube. It is the best. I rebuild mine every30-40 packs and never has any driveshaft problem.
Old 12-28-2003, 07:32 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I ran all their toruing cars for the last few years and never had that happen on any one of their cars. The alum. ones wear some but then they all do. Not sure why this eems to be happening.
Old 12-28-2003, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

i have cleaned and lubed them twice. somebody mentioned on a previous thread that when ran on carpet there is a lot of friction produced and makes the cylinder "friction weld" i dont know if this is true but i also race on polished wood and i never have the problem

if you would like a more speedily reply please post in my forum at Team Extreme Forum under the problems catagorie

Last edited by pheyhoe; 12-28-2003 at 07:52 AM.
Old 12-28-2003, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

i also forgot to mention i have only taken the car to about 4 meetings (about 20 packs) and it has happend on 3 of the 4 meetings. the meeting that it didnt happen on was on polished wood.

f you would like a more speedily reply please post in my forum at Team Extreme Forum under the problems catagorie

Last edited by pheyhoe; 12-28-2003 at 08:03 AM.
Old 12-28-2003, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

A lot of us use the older Yokomo hardend universals, the rear fits with no problems, you just have to grind down the ball to the pins on the front ones to have proper clearance. These do not break and it takes a pretty good hit to even put a bend in them. They are a little on the pricy side but well worth the money.
Old 12-28-2003, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

thanx i was thinkin about using a different style of driveshaft, but i always see things like that as "bodged" even though it may work just as fine. I think that Yokomo should address the problem asap. thanks for your advice neway, i will probably end up doing that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.