Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 12:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by utieh
how is it possible to put the front shock end at the second hole (from outside), the wheel (24mm) will touch the shock end until 45% of Dual-rate...
So now I have to use the 3rd hole...
use the hole the kit says to use and that is it. you can go out but you will loose only 5% travel
Old 12-10-2003, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Cool Chris- good to see that I was on the right track and not feeling things in the cars setup that were not what I was thinking I was doing...lol I first made this change when running on carpet with rubber tires and the car was like a rocket getting into the corner.

Does Yokomo make a 0 Degree Kick piece for the SD? I think the stock one is 1 deg kick.

Jeff
Old 12-10-2003, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Jeff, just add the notched shim in the back block. Or you can buy the Aluminium blocks (both fronts) that are set at 0° kickup.

Rand... I thought the kit knuckles were offset 1mm. And you can buy the optional 0mm offset knuckles or get the Team Suzuki knuckles that are .5mm offset. Also, Rand... did you try standing up the shocks to make it feel more agressive? And did you play with rear droop? I found it also helps with a loose rear end.
Old 12-10-2003, 08:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

any one know where I can order Square products? I seen on a Japanese site that square made some teflon spacers for the arms. The ones on my car are a little screwed up from trying to put the car together in a freezing cold garage. cold + plastic = *SNAP!@#$%
Chris T, who makes the white ball cup you are running and the Yok battery strap?
Old 12-10-2003, 11:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by KilRuf
Jeff, just add the notched shim in the back block. Or you can buy the Aluminium blocks (both fronts) that are set at 0° kickup.

Rand... I thought the kit knuckles were offset 1mm. And you can buy the optional 0mm offset knuckles or get the Team Suzuki knuckles that are .5mm offset. Also, Rand... did you try standing up the shocks to make it feel more agressive? And did you play with rear droop? I found it also helps with a loose rear end.
The shocks are out all the way on the front, and 1 from all the way out on the rear, and on the arms they are 1 hole in from the outside hole. 5mm rideheight, -1 camber, 3 deg toe in, 7mm front droop, 5mm rear, RS #3 pistons & AE 50wt oil (going to 40 weight)
Old 12-10-2003, 11:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Precisionrc.com

I bought my square stuff from precisionrc.com

I've got the SQUARE input shafts, the teflon spacers, titanium king pins, graphite bumper plate, and body post stiffeners. Here's the address:

http://precisionrc.com/cgi-bin/cart.pl?BR=SQR1&DT=2
Old 12-10-2003, 11:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by BlackFlagRacing
any one know where I can order Square products? I seen on a Japanese site that square made some teflon spacers for the arms. The ones on my car are a little screwed up from trying to put the car together in a freezing cold garage. cold + plastic = *SNAP!@#$%
Chris T, who makes the white ball cup you are running and the Yok battery strap?
precisionrc.com has the Square stuff at a good price with fast shipping. The yokomo battery strap is a SSG piece made for the SSG MR4TC Special.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Hi friends. Greetings from Malta.

Haven't been in for a while but I'm impressed. Chris T in here too. WOW!

I still run my 2 SDs. The standard looking SSG car I now run in 21 turn stock, but I have done quite a bit with the mod car since the pics in Yoke USA site.

I am now using a front spool with Rayspeed towers and top plate, and I have made a 3.5mm carbon chassis myself. This has the Rayspeed steering geometry and has the cells further forward and more towards the centre. It feels much more responsive.

The Yoke carbon centre shaft didn't last with mod so I am back with the shortened TC3 carbon one which is the lightest of the lot anyway.

I have just received the graphite arms, hubs and diff cases and will put those in before the weekend.

Next outing with mod: Christmas Cup meeting, 21st December.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 12-11-2003, 11:30 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Good to see ya back in here Joe.

I wanted to do that TC3 shaft mod, but the new TC3's use an aluminum shaft, and all of the shops down here just stock that one now
Old 12-11-2003, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Randman
precisionrc.com has the Square stuff at a good price with fast shipping. The yokomo battery strap is a SSG piece made for the SSG MR4TC Special.
the white cups are from a friend that had them from AE many years ago
Old 12-11-2003, 05:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Chris Tosolini
the white cups are from a friend that had them from AE many years ago
Did they have a bit of slop in them? I had some that looked just like those, but a bit sloppy... I switched out to B4/T4 ballcups for now.
Old 12-11-2003, 06:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Tosolini's Cleveland Setup Sheet

For those of you interested in downloading Tosolini's setup from Cleveland, here's the link to the pdf.

http://www.yokomousa.com/manuals/sd_...eveland_03.pdf
Old 12-11-2003, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Sweet set up sheet! That is what us SD racers were waiting for!!!!

Do you know the rating of the Brown and Grey Springs used?

Keep those setups coming and thanks to Chris for coming on here lately and helping us out.

Jeff
Old 12-11-2003, 10:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I cant find the gas spring rates anywhere, anyone know where they are listed?
Old 12-11-2003, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

I'm not sure how accurate this is but check it out...

http://www.schumacher.clara.net/springchart.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.