Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Yokomo MR-4TC SD >

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Old 12-09-2003, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Entropy
What next? Off-road 12th scale pan racing?
That sounds interesting!
Old 12-09-2003, 06:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

How about a 4wd shaft drive Buggy?..hehe
Old 12-09-2003, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Default 90 degree servo mod

Is doing the 90 degree servo mod worth the work? What is involved in doing this mod? What is neede to do this mod?

Thanks
Old 12-09-2003, 07:28 PM
Tech Adept

Is it commen to have issues getting parts for the car? No one here in Dallas stocks them and they don't seem to be readily available. thinking of getting rid of the xray and wondering if parts are going to be an issue.

thanks
Old 12-09-2003, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by IH
C. Verano: You are right. Damn..I am a retard!!I installed them upside down.

Thanks a million!
IH,

Not a problem...I've seen it happen before.

Chris
Old 12-09-2003, 08:48 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: 90 degree servo mod

Originally posted by Intermision
Is doing the 90 degree servo mod worth the work? What is involved in doing this mod? What is neede to do this mod?

Thanks
you need to rotate the servo by 90 deg

you can either drill holes on the chassis to mount the servo or use servo tape/shoe goo to stick the servo onto the chassis

all the parts you need are already in the kit

this mod is rather easy to do with minimum effort, and it does provide more space for mounting electronics on the chassis
Old 12-09-2003, 09:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by JohnnyRingo
Is it commen to have issues getting parts for the car? No one here in Dallas stocks them and they don't seem to be readily available. thinking of getting rid of the xray and wondering if parts are going to be an issue.

thanks
parts are available, the hobby shops just have to order them. If they don't want to stock them then there's all kinds of online shops that carry the yokomo stuff
Old 12-09-2003, 11:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by porter
Is this CGM chassi going to be a competition kit or more of a sport kit for the SD line. Also I was wondering if there is any major difference between the SSG and the Black versions. thanks for any help.
Some say it's aimed towards sport, others say performance... we'll know in less than a month I'd think.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:27 PM
Tech Addict

maybe both

a plastic tub for the drifter car and a graphite composite for race
Old 12-10-2003, 08:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

quick question? Does anyone out there make a steel or aluminum spool for the sd. I have tried putting the sandpaper in the diffs. but it doesn't work that well they either slip or the bolt breaks or backs off.
Old 12-10-2003, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I know when the Mr4tc hit the shelves at like $135.00 everyone thought it was going to be a sport car- It was a rocket for its time. Barry was the man with that car! So I hope the Tub is along those lines! I love my SSG and my just get a carpet Yok and run one outside and one carpet...sounds like fun...hehe

Jeff
Old 12-10-2003, 09:10 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by KilRuf
Randman, I don't think your question was answered when you asked about using trailing spindles and 28mm foam clearance. But I don't think it will clear anyways because the wheels mount to the spindles the same... it's only the pivot point/axis of the spindle that's different.

Speaking of tub chassis... has anyone ever made a tub/composite 1/12th pan car? I wonder how it would be? Hmmmmmm Someone talk Yokomo into making one....
Thanks Kilruf... I havent seen the trailing blocks, so didn't really know what they were all about. What is the difference performance-wise by running them.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by kt tracing
quick question? Does anyone out there make a steel or aluminum spool for the sd. I have tried putting the sandpaper in the diffs. but it doesn't work that well they either slip or the bolt breaks or backs off.
Speedtech is working on a spool right now, they'll have one in around a month.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I had my first night out with my SD last night, and I gotta say it was a very good experience. I used the base RS setup, but found the rear end was much too loose, so I brought the rear arms forward to get a little weight over them, and it helped a ton. Unfortunately we had an unusually tight track last night, and it was a little hard to get the new car to work good on it. I tried to shorten the camber links to get a little more roll in the car, but when I went to do that, the turnbuckles were too long so I wasn't able to test with that, but I did buy 4 shorter turnbuckles so that I can switch out in the future.

I tried to get the car as aggressive as I could, but I just dont feel like it was aggressive enough, does anyone have some tips on how I can get some more steering out of it?
Old 12-10-2003, 09:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman

I tried to get the car as aggressive as I could, but I just dont feel like it was aggressive enough, does anyone have some tips on how I can get some more steering out of it?
should have kept your 'cuda... j/k
Pro4...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.