R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-17-2003, 12:54 PM   #4666
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by DickemDown
let me know what you come up with. i'm not getting rid of the rs yet and i may go back to it. for now, i'm just focusing on the ssg. too many variables = too many headaches

...i just want to drive
I'm pretty sure I can get the RS chassis pretty dialed in, until I make my own that is
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 01:03 PM   #4667
Tech Master

WOW... look at all the $$$$ being spent, CHA CHING!!!!

People who don't have to wait for the latest item, should not tell those that do, that "It's worth the wait"
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 01:34 PM   #4668
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Good deal that there's alternatives out there for chassis. I'm gonna try mine out with the black chassis first, than Tos's.
Old 11-17-2003, 02:25 PM   #4669
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default So Sorry

Guys, I am so sorry, but my yokomo days have come to a abrupt end, for two weeks, I have been strugling with the car setting it up and trying to keep it together. It just was not a good combo.
I ran the rayspeed chassis almost from the get go, never experienced the chassis tweak, or this new torque steer issue. I just was not comfortable driving this car. I AM a aggressive driver. The SD is a aggressive car. The two combined is very unbstable. I need a more passive driving car, such as a XXX-s, X-Ray, then I started to think. "Go with what you know", so I making the lunge back into Schumacher with the Mi2. Again sorry guys but I gotta go. Ill keep reading though. Good luck to all with their chassis', conversions, modifications, and whatsoever. Also good luck to all in Cleveland, hopefully we will cross paths in the Snowbird's.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 04:52 PM   #4670
Tech Regular

Thanks cobra and randman. That does help a lot. Any more heads up info will be helpful.
wcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 05:00 PM   #4671
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by John Fontaine
Good deal that there's alternatives out there for chassis. I'm gonna try mine out with the black chassis first, than Tos's.
Propably a good idea, I'm going to make some out of graphite in a couple weeks (when my mill arrives) and I'll test different weight layouts, if there's any interest in it, I can make more...
Old 11-17-2003, 05:01 PM   #4672
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by wcoyote
Thanks cobra and randman. That does help a lot. Any more heads up info will be helpful.
I'll let you guys know if I hear anything more. Chris should have his prototypes already, now I just gotta convince him to let me try one
Old 11-17-2003, 06:43 PM   #4673
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Can someone please give me an awesome setup on carpet with foams. I have a ray speed chassis..i need an aggressive car i want to drive the wheels off it going into the corners and coming out
GeorgePravata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 06:47 PM   #4674
Tech Regular

check out a setup on
www.mo-net.ws
shortygy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 09:13 PM   #4675

Send a message via Yahoo to Hi-LowBrow

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DickemDown
[B] tossolini told me to go back to the og, sell the rs, and wait for his to come out sometime this month.

I know that tossolini doesn't like RS chassis, because he is going to have his own prototype chassis. so, he doesn't recommend it ,does he??

Shinnosuke Adachi made the RS chassis and uses the chassis. I think he wouldn't recommend Tossolini's chassis .

anyways,,,,in Japan
RS chassis is most popular chassis though. especially after Adachi got 4th place in Jpan national with using RS chassis.

in my opinion, Tossolini's chassis is going to be good chassis for running on carpet, but RS chassis is also good especially for running on asphalt.
both chassis are good I think.
it depend on what you prefer, doesn't it??
Hi-LowBrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 09:21 PM   #4676
Tech Prophet

Chris' chassis will most likely be a bit more rugged and geared towards higher grip tracks, but it's the tweak problem that he's trying to address mostly.
Old 11-17-2003, 11:47 PM   #4677
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Wow, all this critisism of the RS chassis, I have had only a positive experience with it. It seemed to make the car alot more consistent and I haven't had any tweeking problem at all with it. With a doubled up topdeck it works good with foams on carpet and I'm currently running it with rubbers on carpet and it rocks. The new steering geometry makes the steering feel alot better IMO as well.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 12:13 AM   #4678
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Howard
Wow, all this critisism of the RS chassis, I have had only a positive experience with it. It seemed to make the car alot more consistent and I haven't had any tweeking problem at all with it. With a doubled up topdeck it works good with foams on carpet and I'm currently running it with rubbers on carpet and it rocks. The new steering geometry makes the steering feel alot better IMO as well.
That's reasuring to know, I havent built mine yet, but everyone seems to be putting the conversion down... Hopefully I'll have good results with the car as well.
Old 11-18-2003, 04:26 AM   #4679
Tech Elite

Default Tweak Discovery

Thought I'd inform you all of something I found out last night...

My SSG chassis can still hold a tweak - even if it appears totally straight when you put it on a flat surface.

Basically, when I put the chassis on a flat surface, the chassis settles a little under it's own weight and looks like it's flat.

BUT, if you just prop the chassis up with a block under the front and the rear, the front is twisted a few degrees compared to the rear. So it needed a little more adjustment.

I think this is why I've had a few tracking problems recently, a race meeting will prove this.

So just watch for the tweak carefully, basically.

Second point - Trinity's new capacitor board endbell is USELESS at supressing glitches. The glitches I was getting off mine (2 motors) have been shocking. Fit a full set of three replacement capacitors as a matter of course.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 10:27 AM   #4680
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Howard
i'm not giving up on this chassis yet. unfortunately, i don't have the time to get it to work. matt & mo - you guys have always contributed very good insight, so i'm sure if you guys got it to work, the chassis has great potential.

hilowbrow,

i'm sure the rs is all the rave in japan. tossolini wasn't trying to dis adachi, he was just giving me an opinion in relation to my situation. he's seen me drive & knows my ability (or lack there of ) and he knows which track i mainly race at, he knows what works at that track, and he knows which would be better suited for the way i drive. basically, i'm addressing how i can get around the track w/o crashing - now, that doesn't necessarily mean faster
DickemDown is offline   Reply With Quote