R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-14-2003, 04:14 PM   #4606
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Yokomo or Tobee bones?
I believe the Tobee ones are stronger than the Yokom ones because they are thicker bone towards the joint pin ends (where as the yokomo ones actually gets slightly thinner) and that's where it usually shears about for the Yokomo ones. Plus, you get two Tobee bones for less than the price of one Yokomo one Can't really beat that in my opinion...the Tobee stuff should be on their way, and we should get them end of next week.

Steve Wang
Old 11-14-2003, 04:38 PM   #4607
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

We got the graphite filled components in stock today. I will update them on our website as soon as we work through the inventory. One thing I need to caution you guys is that Graphite filled component does not necessarily means they are stronger. The main reason behind graphite material component is that they give a even more precise feel of the suspension and consistency...especially on high bite surface. Please keep that in mind when ordering Thanks guys

Steve Wang

Very true. DEC2003 R/C has a great read about the "Myths of Graphite" If only i could get the newbies to understand some of the basics about when and when not to hop-up your cars
Old 11-14-2003, 08:17 PM   #4608
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me what effect you will get from running the diff looser or tighter on one end of the car, and what happens if you run a one-way and run the rear diff loose enough that where it doesn't slip.

Thanks...
rcfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 08:36 PM   #4609
Tech Regular

Looks like I am in need of some Ti bones from Square. This was done with casual contact with the barrier. I didnt hear anything.. Then saw a part fall out my car as I exited the scene... Not cool... Good thing it was my last run. BTW I was running stock when this happened....

Pic 1

Pic 2
Old 11-14-2003, 09:17 PM   #4610
Tech Regular

After this incident I noticed that had a Buds TC3 front bumper. What do you think the odds were of picking that up?? Pretty good I would have to say....
Old 11-14-2003, 09:55 PM   #4611
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by ultragraffics
After this incident I noticed that had a Buds TC3 front bumper. What do you think the odds were of picking that up?? Pretty good I would have to say....
Suggest you pick up some Team Suzuki steering hubs, that problem will happen a lot less.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 10:46 PM   #4612
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi Guys,

We got the graphite filled components in stock today. I will update them on our website as soon as we work through the inventory. One thing I need to caution you guys is that Graphite filled component does not necessarily means they are stronger. The main reason behind graphite material component is that they give a even more precise feel of the suspension and consistency...especially on high bite surface. Please keep that in mind when ordering Thanks guys

Steve Wang
Please e-mail me with the total of my stuff Steve
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 10:47 PM   #4613
Tech Prophet

Quote:
I believe the Tobee ones are stronger than the Yokom ones because they are thicker bone towards the joint pin ends (where as the yokomo ones actually gets slightly thinner) and that's where it usually shears about for the Yokomo ones. Plus, you get two Tobee bones for less than the price of one Yokomo one Can't really beat that in my opinion...the Tobee stuff should be on their way, and we should get them end of next week.

Steve Wang
I ran Tobee bones on my SSG, and the only reason I dont have them on this car is you were out of stock Let me know when you get more in, I'll pick up a few of em and send em off to get "redinated"
Old 11-15-2003, 06:47 PM   #4614
Tech Master

What are you guys doing to deal with the torque steer. I'm just about fed up with this car. It has great potential, but i feel as if it has to many critical problems, and the fix is to spend more money.

The tweek is a royal pain.
The torque steer in mod is almost uncontrollable.
And the quality of the car is living up to the name of BROKMO!!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm on the verge of selling this thing and trying the fish.
Old 11-15-2003, 06:48 PM   #4615
Tech Master

Also does the Rayspeed eliminate any of the problems I'm experiencing???
Old 11-15-2003, 06:50 PM   #4616
Tech Prophet

I cant say anything bad about the Barracuda at all, but you may want to try the RS chassis before you do switch. It is a little stiffer than the stock chassis, and should twist less under acceleration, and in the turns. The graphite parts aren't much stronger (if at all stronger) than stock, but it propably couldn't hurt to try them out and see if they will hold up any better for you.

I drove my SSG in mod without any noticiable torque steer problems, but that is also on a banked track which can be decieving...
Old 11-15-2003, 07:05 PM   #4617
Tech Master

Randman did you run your car at Socal. If so, I experienced some torque steer their as well, not as much as outdoors. Socal has so much traction that you can some what live with it, but try racing on a parking lot track with minimum traction, man get ready for a ride. I had to loosen the diff till it was on the verge of slipping. Have you driven the car in mod on a parking lot track with minimum traction??
Like said earlier, I believe the Yoke has great potential, I could probably live with the fragile nature of the car if I could just get the tweek and torque steer under control.
How much of difference the RS chassis make?? Some of the guys that ran them at the Grand Prix went back to their SG chassis because they said the tweek was bad and they could'nt get any steering out of it.
Old 11-15-2003, 07:06 PM   #4618
Tech Master

Randman I guess I should of mentioned that I have the SD Black Chassis.
Old 11-15-2003, 07:15 PM   #4619
Tech Prophet

I didn't run the SD on a parking lot track with lower traction, but I know the car will work on those conditions... Does your car sit flat on a tweak board when you arent running it? Do you use the center stiffener?
Old 11-15-2003, 07:46 PM   #4620
Tech Master

Randman - yes the car sits flat on a tweek board, I even placed it on a tweek station and it was dead on the money. I do not run the chassis stiffner, the consensus seems to be to run without it. Any other suggestions, short of rebuilding the car???