Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 10:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Believe me, you could use the graphite that I'm looking at inbetween Masami's GS, and it would be much stiffer than the black special, SSG, or RS chassis...
Old 11-08-2003, 11:51 AM
Tech Addict

Only thing is you also have to analyse how the chassis is stressed. Will a material that's better in torsion really change a lot ? Not really, because the structure implies that the chassis / upper deck works mainly in traction / compression and shear stresses. Torsion and flexion are minor stresses and in many cases the engineer will neglect them (or that kind of struts I mean).

I'm not saying that it won't change anything, but will it be worth the effort and money spent ?

By the way, I used the new graphite arms yesterday and they gave me extra grip, too much grip because now the car has a little bounce in some corners (everywhere else in's on rails). Now I have to go 1 grade down on the springs to loose a little grip and have a more fluid car.

If you want an extra stiff car, get the graphite gear cases at first, they won't be as expensive as buying new chassis and top deck and I'm pretty sure they are indeed the weak point of the car in terms of stiffness.
Old 11-08-2003, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Randman
I think in this car, a stiffer chassis is part of the solution though. The stock SD chassis' flexes too much to be good, because it allows everything to shift under the screws, and that causes tweak in the car. I run on high traction asphault, so in my case, a stiffer car is the better way to go, for those on low traction surfaces, a car that flexes may be the way to go. Maybe a turnbuckle upper deck is a good idea, because there would be nothing to hold the tweak in the chassis. The team drivers are running a stiffer chassis than you'd think, Masami does have the GSG, but who knows what material is underneath the gold, I'd highly doubt it's the same stuff you get in the SSG...
hey,Randman,
according to Masami, his GSG chassis is almost SAME stiffness as SSG though. it is just added color,besides his laptimes are same!! using both SSG and GSG(it's YMP version) . big difference is just upper deck, he uses MR-4TC's upper deck for GSG chassis, it has rear body post holder on the its rear section for allowing to use softer rear shock.

anyways,,,,can you beat Jason E??
his chassis is SSG !! and super fast !!
in my opinion , SSG chassis is good enough for asphalt eventhough it's hi traction.
but,,,,RaySpeed Chassis is much better than stock, I think it's the best chassis now!! most serious racer use the chassis in Japan.
Old 11-08-2003, 12:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Hi-LowBrow
hey,Randman,
according to Masami, his GSG chassis is almost SAME stiffness as SSG though. it is just added color,besides his laptimes are same!! using both SSG and GSG(it's YMP version) . big difference is just upper deck, he uses MR-4TC's upper deck for GSG chassis, it has rear body post holder on the its rear section for allowing to use softer rear shock.
I saw that and was wondering why... You mean that this configuration gives a little more flex on the body mounts, especially more flex between the body posts and the shock mounts, and that he prefers it ?
Old 11-08-2003, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hello Guys...

To save yu all some grief and make myself alot more educated i have dedicated the past day and a half to reading this whole friggin thread. A TON of good info from alot of people. I took good notes and hopefully will not ask repeated questions...

This is what I would like to get for my Yokomo. FYI I will run stock on a small tight asphalt track. I will run MOD here and there so I want to get the good stuff right away. Let me know if I missed anything...

Tobee Lightweight Driveshaft -
Ti Screw set from Yokomo -
Tobee Rear Alum Bones -
Square Ti Front Input Shaft -
Square Ti Rear Input Shaft -
Square Front Axles -
Square Rear Axles -
Square Ti Front Bones -

Thats pretty much everything for the drivetrain. I have spares for about everything else. I plan on running Yok springs as much as I can as I have all of them. I will get some of the Rayspeed but not right away...

Thanks for the entertaining reading !!!
Old 11-08-2003, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

Almost forgot....

Fike - Whats up man? I have ran at CH before but only ran offroad. Who is running the SD there? I know Trimmings got rid of his.... What is Richard Lake running? I plan on coming down in Dec - Jan....

BTW Kinetix RC has just put there cells on sale again. I have been running them since day 1. Have had great luck with them....
Old 11-08-2003, 05:21 PM
Tech Addict

Hey,

Nothing else to add...

Hope you'll have more fun reading the next posts, ha ha ha...
Old 11-08-2003, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ultragraffics
Hello Guys...

To save yu all some grief and make myself alot more educated i have dedicated the past day and a half to reading this whole friggin thread. A TON of good info from alot of people. I took good notes and hopefully will not ask repeated questions...

This is what I would like to get for my Yokomo. FYI I will run stock on a small tight asphalt track. I will run MOD here and there so I want to get the good stuff right away. Let me know if I missed anything...

Tobee Rear Alum Bones -
Square Front Axles -
Square Rear Axles -
Square Ti Front Bones -

Thats pretty much everything for the drivetrain. I have spares for about everything else. I plan on running Yok springs as much as I can as I have all of them. I will get some of the Rayspeed but not right away...

Now that you are all caught up in this thread, you pretty much have all the info on the nice and strong bits. Welcome to the club.
Old 11-08-2003, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't know if it was mentioned here or not. But Masami's Gold chassis used at the Japanese Nationals does not have any cut outs at all on the lower chassis. But the battery slots, motor slot, servo slot, and receiver/esc slots are milled out lower into the chassis.

Anyways, ran the RaySpeed Chassis today in stock. Had a decent setup. I'll post it later. Diff setup since I don't have a spool (or didn't want to make one... waiting for SpeedTech to make them... hint hint... )

Ultra, I'd hold off on the Square Axles and bones and get the Yokomo Harden ones instead. Just my opinion. But I had some square ones and the bones wore out already.... They aquired some slop.

The Square Ti input shafts are nice though.
Old 11-08-2003, 09:37 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Cobra81li200
Only thing is you also have to analyse how the chassis is stressed. Will a material that's better in torsion really change a lot ? Not really, because the structure implies that the chassis / upper deck works mainly in traction / compression and shear stresses. Torsion and flexion are minor stresses and in many cases the engineer will neglect them (or that kind of struts I mean).

I'm not saying that it won't change anything, but will it be worth the effort and money spent ?

By the way, I used the new graphite arms yesterday and they gave me extra grip, too much grip because now the car has a little bounce in some corners (everywhere else in's on rails). Now I have to go 1 grade down on the springs to loose a little grip and have a more fluid car.

If you want an extra stiff car, get the graphite gear cases at first, they won't be as expensive as buying new chassis and top deck and I'm pretty sure they are indeed the weak point of the car in terms of stiffness.
I do agree with you, but the reason for the stiffer chassis is to let the car flex less, so that it will not tweak. I'm definately going to pick up a full set of graphite as soon as it's avalible.
Old 11-09-2003, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Atheena Projects Carpet Chassis and Upper Deck

Originally posted by Randman
Do you know what the weight of that car is as compared to stock?
The overall weight will be about the same as with the standard SSG parts. Here are the weights:

Main chassis: 92 gr. (standard 100 gr.)
Upper deck: 22 gr. (standard 14 gr.)

The material itself is lighter compared to the SSG but the upper deck is obviously heavier due to being 0.4 mm thicker and no cut outs.
Old 11-09-2003, 10:04 AM
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hi-LowBrow
hey,Randman,
according to Masami, his GSG chassis is almost SAME stiffness as SSG though. it is just added color,besides his laptimes are same!!

Did he really speak to you about this, in Japanese?
Old 11-09-2003, 10:09 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by ultragraffics
Hello Guys...

Tobee Rear Alum Bones -
Square Front Axles -
Square Rear Axles -
Square Ti Front Bones -

I'd 86 the center driveshaft, 1 on power hit, and I think that thing would be gone with a mod...
Old 11-09-2003, 10:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default Re: Re: Re: Atheena Projects Carpet Chassis and Upper Deck

Originally posted by kentech
The overall weight will be about the same as with the standard SSG parts. Here are the weights:

Main chassis: 92 gr. (standard 100 gr.)
Upper deck: 22 gr. (standard 14 gr.)

The material itself is lighter compared to the SSG but the upper deck is obviously heavier due to being 0.4 mm thicker and no cut outs.
Cool, it just looks heavy then That's surprizingly light though.
Old 11-09-2003, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the input guys....

Randman - I will be running stock primarily. I believe Matt Howard is using the same shaft in MOD and has had no problems yet. Appreciate the warning....and will see if i run it in mod or not...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.