Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-06-2003, 02:15 PM   #4351
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by mark turner
Hi guys

One page back people were talking about square ti input shafts where can i find some ? do they have aweb site or can i get them from Steve.
I got all of my stuff from precisionrc.com They shipped monday, and I got it yesterday... from Hong Kong!
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 04:15 PM   #4352
Tech Initiate

To Randman

Thanks for the web site had a quick look . Looks better than most of the uk sites.What do think of the square parts have you raced with them yet. Just got my rayspeed today any biuld tips?

mark
mark turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 05:48 PM   #4353

Not-super-important-news flash: Yokomo Web (www.yokomo.co.jp) updated their site yesterday. They have the part numbers now for the new ceramic bearings for the SD (under New Products).
2Tenths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 06:25 PM   #4354
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by mark turner
To Randman

Thanks for the web site had a quick look . Looks better than most of the uk sites.What do think of the square parts have you raced with them yet. Just got my rayspeed today any biuld tips?

mark
I have used the square axles in the past, and they seemed to be very strong, nice quality stuff.

I havent even started the build on my RS car, so no tips for ya.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:29 PM   #4355
Tech Prophet

On the subject of aftermarket chassis' How many people would be interested in another chassis for the SD? I'm going to start running a prototype, that is made out of the best graphite avalible, ultra strong, ultra stiff. I'm having all of the carbon fiber parts replaced with the new stuff, but I'd be aiming at $100-120 for a complete conversion to the new graphite. I took the Rayspeed chassis to the person selling me the graphite, and he laughed at the quality. It has fibers going front/back, and side/side, but nothing sideways, which is why the car has so much flex. This person is not new at all to the graphite business, he used to supply HPI, and Kyosho with CF sheets for their production stuff, I'd just be looking at a much higher grade stuff. Any interest?
Old 11-06-2003, 06:33 PM   #4356
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

So what would the chassis coast i'm down if the price is right i have a new chassis coming from WARPSPEED i have 2 yokomo
GeorgePravata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 06:45 PM   #4357
Tech Regular

Hey i was wondering if anyone here knows the viscosity reading s on yokomo shock oil......? How does it compare to associated oil.. I was wondering specifically about 700 yokomo what is close to it in associated and also 600 yokomo..

Thanks
shortygy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 08:17 PM   #4358
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by shortygy
Hey i was wondering if anyone here knows the viscosity reading s on yokomo shock oil......? How does it compare to associated oil.. I was wondering specifically about 700 yokomo what is close to it in associated and also 600 yokomo..

Thanks
I believe 700 would be close to 65, 600 would be close to 55, and so on.
Old 11-06-2003, 08:45 PM   #4359
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I got my 9550 the other day and have started to do the servo rotation mod.
I've switched the bellcranks so the servo saver is on the other side and put in the alternate upper half of the servo saver assembly so the arm is rotated 90deg.
I have not been able to find any good pics of anyones servo mod to see which way they mounted the servo, with the servo horn inboard or outboard.
It looks like I could probably mount it inboard and use the same turnbuckle but risk having the rod end coming close to rubbing the shaft at full travel. If I mount it outboard, then I'll have to find a longer turnbuckle.
Any opinions?
snemi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 09:48 PM   #4360
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Steering blocks:

SD 415 Trailing arm
SD 415S Non trailing arm

What are the handling effects of using one over the other?
Old 11-06-2003, 10:08 PM   #4361
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The non-trailing blocks should give the car more initial steering.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:16 PM   #4362
Tech Adept

Default Yokomo 415S Steering Blocks

Joel
The 415S steering blocks have 0 mm of trail and will make
the steering slightly more responsive
Craig
4PlayRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 10:24 PM   #4363
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by snemi00
I've switched the bellcranks so the servo saver is on the other side and put in the alternate upper half of the servo saver assembly so the arm is rotated 90deg.
I have not been able to find any good pics of anyones servo mod to see which way they mounted the servo, with the servo horn inboard or outboard.
It looks like I could probably mount it inboard and use the same turnbuckle but risk having the rod end coming close to rubbing the shaft at full travel. If I mount it outboard, then I'll have to find a longer turnbuckle.
Any opinions?
Someone posted pics within the last few pages, just check back... It's really self explanitory, and easy to do.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:25 PM   #4364
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by snemi00
Any opinions?
actually the orginal turnbuckle is long enough for mounting the servo outboard~~
and if the servo is at neutral position when the front wheels are pointing straight the tie rod will not hit the shaft
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 03:13 AM   #4365
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Randman...I will have a chassis as soon as you get any.E mail me at [email protected] and I will paypal you the money plus postage to Australia
Sounds rrrreal nice !!!!!!
Barger is offline   Reply With Quote