R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-01-2003, 11:55 AM   #4156

Randman: Earlier you said you might get an SD with the Team Hybrid chassis. If you do, could you tell us your impressions of that conversion/chassis? I have not heard of anyone who has tried it yet.
2Tenths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 12:15 PM   #4157
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by 2Tenths
Randman: Earlier you said you might get an SD with the Team Hybrid chassis. If you do, could you tell us your impressions of that conversion/chassis? I have not heard of anyone who has tried it yet.
I may try their chassis, but the RS seems to be what I am looking for. With the batteries moved forward, that will give a lot of steering, which is exactly what I like. I've had a few people who have driven my cars complain because they just have too much steering. Also, I tried to contact Team Hybrid, but never got a response, so their customer service isn't all that great, I'd rather give my business to Speedtech, because Steve actually works his ass off to make everyone happy.

Like I have said, I may also run a different chassis in the near future, but at this time it isn't released.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 12:16 PM   #4158
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

BTW, does Johnbull still post on here? I'd like to know how to do the TC3 shaft conversion.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 12:25 PM   #4159
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200

Randman : what TC3 shaft conversion ? And if you want more weight on the front, try just moving all the suspension arms backward (like in the stock rayspeed setup).

Is your next chassis going to be a Pro4, just a bet...
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 03:15 PM   #4160
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
BTW, does Johnbull still post on here? I'd like to know how to do the TC3 shaft conversion.
Hi i think Johnbull somehow removed the TC3 bone bit at the end of the drive shaft, cut the shaft down to a suitable length and as the shaft is hollow he was able to slide the bone back inside and CA'd them back together. Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 03:23 PM   #4161
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200

On a TC3 or SD ?
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 03:36 PM   #4162
Tech Fanatic

To fit a TC3 carbon center shaft to a SD. Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 04:28 PM   #4163
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default confused

Has anyone experienced this problem. My right frt inner ball cup is hitting the tranny case ever before it reaches the stop machined into the knuckle, the left side goes through the entire sweep from center to the stop. This is why I have a different turning radius from left to right. I dont know what would be the correct fix for this. Any suggestions?
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 05:04 PM   #4164
Tech Regular

Has anyone in the UK used the Rayspeed chassis ? and if so how did it suit the types of tracks we have here in the UK ?
Old 11-01-2003, 06:24 PM   #4165
Tech Apprentice

Does anybody have a picture of the servo convertion to turn it 90 degrees from its original position? Or where I could find one. I was also wondering if anybody makes aluminum servo mounts?
MattSSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 07:03 PM   #4166
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default Servo Config

Matt,
your servo will vary in position due to its size. My futaba 9402 was butted right against the center brace, and had to cut the backbone approxiametly 1/4" where the servo ears lined up, or else the other side of the servo would have hung over the edge of the chassis.
The servo saver/ steering assembly has to be flipped over and the turnbuckle was approx, 40mm. Your kit has the other part to mount the ballcup to from the servo.
The alloy servo mounts are made by Yokomo, but I have seen others use the associated one too.
I also heard that you are local to the Tri state area, I race at Southshorehobby.com. Maybe I will see ya there.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 07:46 PM   #4167

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
I may try their chassis, but the RS seems to be what I am looking for. With the batteries moved forward, that will give a lot of steering, which is exactly what I like. I've had a few people who have driven my cars complain because they just have too much steering. Also, I tried to contact Team Hybrid, but never got a response, so their customer service isn't all that great, I'd rather give my business to Speedtech, because Steve actually works his ass off to make everyone happy.

Like I have said, I may also run a different chassis in the near future, but at this time it isn't released.
That's probably a good decision. I have the RS conversion too, and its very complete, well developed (not just a different deck). The new steering on it is awesome, though the chassis is a little too flexible for the carpet I run on. I've messed around with battery/wheel base adjustments, before I had the RS, and the battery forward idea really helped (with rubber tires and a one-way) Even a 1mm change in battery placement (using the wheel base) is noticable.
2Tenths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 07:47 PM   #4168
Tech Apprentice

No I live up in Alberta Canada. You mean flip the servo saver to the other side right? I also have to use the other mount that comes with the kit but is in another position than the normal one?
Would the turnbuckle then go over the drive shaft?
MattSSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 10:25 PM   #4169
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Tsubasa Sakai

Quote:
Originally posted by Tsubasa Sakai
What is the rating (lb/in) of SD stock sliver spring?
Any idea?
Tsubasa Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 10:34 PM   #4170
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to ZER01

The sock compression or the weight of the kit...
ZER01 is offline   Reply With Quote