R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-31-2003, 10:58 AM   #4126
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to NightKidZ

Hi Matt,
Abt the Rayspeed spring cups, I thought the normal AE plastic ones will do the job too?

Cheers
NightKidZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 10:59 AM   #4127
Tech Adept

RCBuddha

1. I have been running the car since it first came out inthe states I have not had any glitching problems. You need to make sure that you follow some simple rules.
A. Make sure that your batteries do not have cuts or tears in the shrink wrap that could contact the graphite chassis.
B. Use fuel tubing between the receiver and the antenna mount, so that the antenna wire does not touch the chassis.

2. The Rayspeed chassis supposed to be stiffer that the stock SSG chassis. I'm not sure about how it compares to the black chassis. It also moves the batteries forward (not sure about the distance) and rotates the servo 90 degrees. The black chassis is stiffer than the SSG chassis.

3. You need the AE rod ends and the shock cups. The rod end come in a package of 2. The cups come inthe same package as the shock adjustment clips. The rayspeed shock cups can be used with both the AE and Rayspeed springs.

Later, Lee
Old 10-31-2003, 11:20 AM   #4128
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by NightKidZ
Hi Matt,
Abt the Rayspeed spring cups, I thought the normal AE plastic ones will do the job too?

Cheers
the AE spring cups will only work if you have the AE ball ends as well. will not fit the YOK stock ball ends... wheras the Rayspeed cups will fit the stock ones without any modifications.

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 11:32 AM   #4129
Tech Rookie

Default ĈAST Racing Components

Hi everyone,
An executive decision has been made with regard to the availability of our products.

As of this point forward our components are available exclusivley to the UK. Any orders that have been placed shall be honoured.

If you have just sent money off I am sorry, we will make sure that it is returned to you ASAP.

The reasoning behind this decision will remain confidential.

Too bad you guys are gonna miss out on a kick ass chassis.

Regards
Andy East

ĈAST
ĈAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 12:09 PM   #4130
Tech Master

Default Re: ĈAST Racing Components

Quote:
Originally posted by ĈAST
Hi everyone,

Regards
Andy East

ĈAST
boo hoo, Oh what are we goning to do?

j/k (just kidding)

E

People who don't have to wait for the latest item, should not tell those that do, that "It's worth the wait"
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 01:08 PM   #4131
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

That royally sucks... Guess I'll just have to make one and sell it here...
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 01:35 PM   #4132
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yah that's really odd... you decided that less business is better?
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 04:27 PM   #4133
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200

RCBuddha :

1 : I agree with the two others,

2 : I agree with the two others. Although, the rayspeed chassis has been developped for asphalt, and it seems it does not work properly on carpet. Anyway, you can get the servo mod on even the SSG or black version just by drilling and countersunking 2 holes and getting a longer turnbuckle (or try tamiya ball cups, they're longer).

3 : I agree with the two others.

Finally, I would say that I've been racing my SSG this evening. It was the first time I raced it there, and precedent setup was for asphalt (summer). I managed an improvement of 1 lap over my last week's better performance, although my fastest lap was 4/10th slower (last week : 414M SSG + light weight, and I know this car by heart, which is not the case of my SD). Moreover, I'm still not satisfied of my setup and will work on it next week.

So if you're hesitating just for that, let me tell you, you should go for it.
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 04:36 PM   #4134
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to THeGame
Default Re: ĈAST Racing Components

Quote:
Originally posted by ĈAST
Hi everyone,
An executive decision has been made with regard to the availability of our products.

As of this point forward our components are available exclusivley to the UK. Any orders that have been placed shall be honoured.

If you have just sent money off I am sorry, we will make sure that it is returned to you ASAP.

Regards
Andy East

ĈAST

Yea Yokomo is going to have there Tub chassis out by the end of the year, thats about how long it would of taken to get one of your chassis. Plus its going to be half the price.. I did the math. I guess I'll be waiting for the Yok Tub....
THeGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 05:00 PM   #4135
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: ĈAST Racing Components

Quote:
Originally posted by THeGame
Yea Yokomo is going to have there Tub chassis out by the end of the year, thats about how long it would of taken to get one of your chassis. Plus its going to be half the price.. I did the math. I guess I'll be waiting for the Yok Tub....
You are absolutely right, it seems that Japanese MSRP for the SD CGM tub kit is a lot less than the SSG and Black Special, therefore it will probably be a cheaper kit. $190 for an unproven chassis is a bit pricey.
forty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 07:36 PM   #4136
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default Fiber WHO?????????

everyone,

Regards
Andy East

ĈAST

Oh well, I guess it is AE loss. I guess he was quite disturbed in the U.S. response to his 200.00 chassis. I am truely sorry for the US Yok drivers that already have purchased the chassis because now you'll definetley have NO support.
Alike Randman, I have too just purchased my RS chassis conversion, from Speedtech, and I will to give it a whirl. I know that RS will be here tommorrow, unlike some others we know.
TTYL.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 07:41 PM   #4137
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by NightKidZ
Hi Matt,

Cheers
Yep, they will
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 07:50 PM   #4138
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

In regards to the AEast chassis, wasn't he just posting about it 2 days ago, and how it is the chassis to have? Now 2 days later we cant get it... Seems like BS to me.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 07:58 PM   #4139
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default BS

Wait, I think I smell something.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 08:32 PM   #4140
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default ahhhhhhhhhhhh

THERE IT IS!

I found it! but now my finger stinks! Who wants that chassis anyway? I would prefer something that Yokomo put thier stamp on anyways.I would assume they have all the engineers they need to put together a tub that we all can have access to that would be proven to work.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote