Originally posted by 2Tenths
Thank you forty6.
No prob 2/10.
forty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 07:38 PM   #4069
Tech Fanatic

Default First Timer to Yokomo World

Hey everyone,

first time to the world of yokomo, I'm way over in Australia, Brisbane. I've been running my TB Evolution 3 for quite some time, as well as my TA04 TRF, however, my 04 has been letting me down in terms of overall performance so I'm looking at a new car to replace it.

At the moment, i'm looking at another Evo 3, however, looking at how well the SD is going, i'm very tempted to grab one and see how I go. Can anyone tell me the ideal kit version, price and what parts availability is like in Brisbane Australia, or Australia in general?

THe track it will be running at will be a long outdoor track with a fast infield and fast straights.

So far the best price I have found is $510AUD at rainbow ten. The other chassis i'm looking at it the TC3, but everyone has those lol.

Than in advance guys.

regards, matt
hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 07:44 PM   #4070
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy C
Randman,

The AEAST V1.3 is the carbon tub chassis. It has been labelled the fibre Lyte chassis, they made it but the chassis is actually called a AEAST V1.3.

Chris
Cool, does anyone know how thick the chassis is?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 07:46 PM   #4071
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by OSherman
I personally would get this chassis (if i were looking for a change)..the reason why i say this.. what i pressume it does is change the roll center of the car...which i did by adding (more than whats advised/supplied in the kit) shims under the arm carrier/toe blocks, and it really gave me the handling that i was looking for..

though this main chassi does it in the opposite way, by lowering the bulkheads/inner camber-link position... I'm just curious to know if this chassis plate is the same or thicker than the stock chassis plate...hopefully, it is the same...

i have not personally used it, but just judging from the design, and how i've adjusted mine..

$0.02
The chassis would definately raise the roll center, which propably wouldnt be a bad thing, except when using other people's setups, you'd have to alter them a little to get it to work.

The chassis is 3mm, and the millouts are propably 1mm deep (possibly .5mm)
Old 10-29-2003, 08:34 PM   #4072

Hawker: I would wait until December or so, for the new SD CGM. The SD CGM is the tub version of the car and should reduce the problems with tweak and chassis flex. If you don't want to wait, though, get the Black version because it is (supposedly) lighter and stiffer than the SSG version. Also, the Rayspeed shock towers or an extra rear shock tower to mount up front helps the cars handling/tunability.
2Tenths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 10:39 PM   #4073
Tech Fanatic

thanks 2Tenths,

I like SSG lol I'll take your word for it, and get the black one, I've never been a huge fan of tub chassis', I love my evo lol.

How about parts availablility, anyone know what its like in OZ?

Our current club champ in mod (possiblity national champ...waiting on results this weekend lol) runs one so i'll ask him when he gets back.

regards, matt

p.s hope to be a full time reader here soon
Old 10-29-2003, 10:44 PM   #4074
Tech Rookie

hawker,

You can get the SD through Speedtech for apprx.$440AUD landed at the moment. Parts are available and plenty of through Hobby Habit in SA or if you work in a hobby shop they wholesale under Hobby Works.
Schukomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 04:51 AM   #4075
Tech Fanatic

hmm $440 is pretty good, I spoke to a couple of guys at work, and they said that ppl seem to be going through center shafts easily, any other bits and pieces that are problmatic on the car? I don't mind what they are, just as long as I can stock up on parts, etc...
Old 10-30-2003, 05:08 AM   #4076
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200

Only the graphite center shaft is problematic, no problems with the stock shaft. If you want a lighter shaft, I suggest going for the Tobee Craft lightweight shaft. I got one and I have no problems with it though I run 12T class.

Also, you should consider getting the new graphite parts such as arms, C-Hubs steering blocks and rear hub carrier, because the stock ones breaks on big crashes.

Another thing, you should also be aware of the fact that japanese and US SD kit's are slightly different. Indeed, the japanese version comes with a front one way, and the US with a front diff. Needless to say the manual, as you still can download the english version on yokomo usa.

Anyway, if you get a jap version, be aware of the fact that there is no complete diff available in spare parts, so you'll have to order each part separately, and it's quite expensive. There are also issues using the front one way, as the front wheel axles have a tendancy to break using it, make sure your shafts cross joints are very tightened.
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 07:19 AM   #4077
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

"If anyone is interested in lock diff (aka Spools) for the MR-4TCSD, let me know, since I'm inquirying around for spools for other cars, I can look into making them for the SD as well."

Steve Wang

Steve any news on the spool idea that you talked about a few pages ago? Any update would be killer! Would love a solid diff for the SD.

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 11:11 AM   #4078
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by hawker
hmm $440 is pretty good, I spoke to a couple of guys at work, and they said that ppl seem to be going through center shafts easily, any other bits and pieces that are problmatic on the car? I don't mind what they are, just as long as I can stock up on parts, etc...
I ran the graphite center shaft with an 8 turn with no problems, I have heard of the drive cups giving people problems though.
Old 10-30-2003, 12:13 PM   #4079
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

what are the problems with the graphite shaft?... I have recently installed one.. where is it weak/break?. I just maily bought it to save some weight, which it does...
Old 10-30-2003, 12:47 PM   #4080
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

The graphite shaft splits where the graphite meets the alum. end shaft. The shaft also flexes alot in mod and can twist. You should be fine in stock.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote