R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-29-2003, 12:29 AM   #4051
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Werner
Kentech what stage in deleopment are you with that Carpet Chassis? Any release time frame you think it will be released? Shipping to the US any problem???

Thanks for the info

Jeff

Well Atheena Projects is not mine but I will probably be the first person to test the new parts. The first samples should arrive soon and expected release date is end of November. Shipping to the US should be no problem at all.
Old 10-29-2003, 04:20 AM   #4052
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
I posted it one page back... here it be.

Anyone tested this chassis? Pls provide review. Thks
RC Mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 05:13 AM   #4053
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default fiberlyte chassis

I have contacted andrew east of fiberlyte, it seems that the chassis are made to order. There is no ON HAND stock of the chassis', so if you were to fractrure a part of it, then your car will down for quite some time if you wanted another chassis. It looks really cool, but I just dont know about the availability thing., Also it cost approxiamtely 190.00 USD for the conversion. I havent had complaints about my kit chassis yet. I was also looking at the Rayspeed chassis conversion, seems that some users are not to happy? I thought it was the solve all.?? Again the RS looks hot, but I have not complained about my kit chassis. So you can see where I am going with this.
No matter what car, chassis, or otherwise, if you hit something something is going to shift, bend, tweak, or break. I have personally run many differnt cars of all varietys over the years and have noticed if you dont maintain your car it will not perform for you. So if that includes checking the tweak from hitting that darn corner dot or another racer so be it.... Again this is only my opinion.
I hope that the fiberlyte, RS, and many others sure to come will work the people that think they need it, or just willing to spend money to no end. Good luck to all using there products.
For now I am unconvinced.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 05:33 AM   #4054
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Andrew East does not actually work for fibre Lyte, he is a racer like all of us here and saw an area on an already good car that he felt he could improve upon. He has designed a chassis for serious racers that has solved the problems we have all been affected by (and there are problems or this issue would have died down by now).

VR6vroom is right in that there is no mass production of the chassis, there are going to be enough made to cover cost, he is not doing this to make money just help racers and there cars perform. The chassis is made to a very high standard and if you can fracture or break it then more power to you

Obviously the choice of chassis is down to the individual. If they feel the tweaking of the chassis is a problem they want to solve then the AEAST V1.3 does that.

Hope that doesn't read like a rant

Chris
Chrissy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 08:00 AM   #4055
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedTech
An Integy motor/shock spring dyno I believe can give you decent readings on the shock springs. A couple of customer of mine have pick those up. Steve Wang
Thanks Steve,

Does the Integy shock dyno work well, I mean are the customers that have them satistified with the accuracy of it. If so, maybe I'll pick one up through my lhs.

Eric

People who don't have to wait for the latest item, should not tell those that do, that "It's worth the wait"
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 08:13 AM   #4056
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Vr6vroom is right. I have ran many different touring cars and if you hit stuff you will bend, tweak or break something...The maintenance ot check tweak takes like 2 minutes and since most of the time you have plenty of time between rounds why not check the tweak instead of walking around killing time til your up to race again.

No chassis is perfect or car for that matter. Normally you have to give a little to get a little. Their will never be a perfect car. Ask Ford, Chevy, and Dodge they have been trying for almost 100 years to no success. Everyones tastes are different to youjust try to pick a car that gives you the most of what you want with the least amount of hassle to the owner. Thats why you have so many to chose from. With all of the touring cars out surely one can find the car that works fom them.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 09:43 AM   #4057
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy C
Andrew East does not actually work for fibre Lyte, he is a racer like all of us here and saw an area on an already good car that he felt he could improve upon. He has designed a chassis for serious racers that has solved the problems we have all been affected by (and there are problems or this issue would have died down by now).

VR6vroom is right in that there is no mass production of the chassis, there are going to be enough made to cover cost, he is not doing this to make money just help racers and there cars perform. The chassis is made to a very high standard and if you can fracture or break it then more power to you

Obviously the choice of chassis is down to the individual. If they feel the tweaking of the chassis is a problem they want to solve then the AEAST V1.3 does that.

Hope that doesn't read like a rant

Chris
Now I'm wondering what the AEAST V1.3 is???
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 09:49 AM   #4058
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Randman,

The AEAST V1.3 is the carbon tub chassis. It has been labelled the fibre Lyte chassis, they made it but the chassis is actually called a AEAST V1.3.

Chris
Chrissy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 09:53 AM   #4059
Tech Master

Default Re: fiberlyte chassis

Quote:
Originally posted by Vr6vroom
I have contacted andrew east of fiberlyte, it seems that the chassis are made to order. There is no ON HAND stock of the chassis', so if you were to fractrure a part of it, then your car will down for quite some time if you wanted another chassis. It looks really cool, but I just dont know about the availability thing., Also it cost approxiamtely 190.00 USD for the conversion.....
$190 for the conversion seems to be a bit pricey for a tub. I have no complaints with my SSG so far although I got the RS shock towers which are very nice. I like the added adjustability it offers.
forty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 10:26 AM   #4060
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Thank You racer!

Anyone have experience with that chassis?
I personally would get this chassis (if i were looking for a change)..the reason why i say this.. what i pressume it does is change the roll center of the car...which i did by adding (more than whats advised/supplied in the kit) shims under the arm carrier/toe blocks, and it really gave me the handling that i was looking for..

though this main chassi does it in the opposite way, by lowering the bulkheads/inner camber-link position... I'm just curious to know if this chassis plate is the same or thicker than the stock chassis plate...hopefully, it is the same...

i have not personally used it, but just judging from the design, and how i've adjusted mine..

$0.02
Old 10-29-2003, 11:28 AM   #4061

Big news everyone. If you check out Yokomo Japan's website (and translate it), they have updated the New Products section, showing new items for November. Some of the new things coming:
*SD Ceramic bearing set (retail 12800 yen)
*SD Graphite battery strap
*SD Graphite and plastic molded shock towers
*SD Graphite suspension parts (lots of stuff)
2Tenths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 12:08 PM   #4062
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Damn I want to see tha plastic tub listed!!!
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 01:21 PM   #4063

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd
Damn I want to see tha plastic tub listed!!!
Yeah, me too. What I think is going to be interesting is how the Yok tub compares to the FibreLyte one. I'm sure the Yok tub will be cheaper, but how flexible will it be???

Could anyone out there with the FibreLyte tub tell us how stiff/heavy it is? It's probably heavier than the stock chassis.

Also: What is the part number for the SS threaded shock body? I looked on Rainbow Ten and found two different items, a "ProShock" and another one.

Last edited by 2Tenths; 10-29-2003 at 01:28 PM.
2Tenths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 01:32 PM   #4064
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I'm patiently awaiting the release of the tub also... I may just got for the fybre lite... It's a bit of money, but it may be well worth it...
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 01:38 PM   #4065
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by 2Tenths

Also: What is the part number for the SS threaded shock body? I looked on Rainbow Ten and found two different items, a "ProShock" and another one.
3503435004632,YOKOMO,,920yen,YS-4SS-6 L.F. SHOCK BODY SS
forty6 is offline   Reply With Quote