Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 01:56 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Steve:

Cool. I just wanted to make sure that I hadn't messed up or something.

Thanks
Old 03-29-2003, 02:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by mo
Finally done!!
Looks nice can wait to get mine

-Dave
Old 03-29-2003, 04:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The car looked good today. It took home the win in mod by Matt Howard. Mo said that it didn't have the torque steer that the TC3 has. The car had a slight push to it but I'm sure that will be taken care of in time. We'll see how the car runs next weekend in the points race......too bad Matt will have to run his special

So far after all the trash I talked I can say that I was impressed by the parts and the run on the track. Good job so far. I'll just stick with my Losi though
Old 03-29-2003, 04:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Yokomo is back!

The car was awsome today considering it wasn't finished until about midnight the night before. It was completely planted in the third qualifier and main and it's only going to get better the more we run it and play with setups. No torque steer, no broken parts, and 2 minutes of runtime left after the main and I was running a 9 single.

Stlnlst- I give you and bigdog about a month before you guys switch to the Yokomo, it was that good.
Old 03-29-2003, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

Matt, could you provide more details of your run? Did the car make it through crashes? How free is the drivetrain (a bit of a lame question, I know... but had to ask! )

Thanks...

Speedtech Steve: I've placed a pre-order... just wanted to confirm... I'm Junwei Wu.
Old 03-29-2003, 05:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

It will never happen. I'm with my Losi until the end of the world It's a good car today but we'll have to see what happens with time and at different tracks. Congrats now cause you're going to be hurting next weekend.
Old 03-29-2003, 05:09 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Assembly was very smooth and easy. All the parts went together tight but still moved freely. After a couple break-in runs the transmission kept getting freer and freer. Good torque out of the corners nice consistant handling.

First day report:
The car was pretty good. Set it up per the instructions and first run out, it was pretty hooked, just a bit of push. We made a few adjustments to get steering and then the track got really hot and the car started to slide around in the rear. We ended up going back to the stock setup for the last qualifier and it was much better. Matt TQ'd mod in the last round of qualifying and I had some bad luck throughout the qualifiers and was 4th. In the main, I had some trouble in traffic for the first few laps and got a ways behind, but ended up 2nd, just a couple seconds behind first. Matt's battery didn't get a full charge for the main, so we had to stall a little bit to get as much charge as possible. I got him out there and he bobbled in the first corner and fell to 2nd behind Jimmy Jacobson. A lap later, Jimmy crashed to give the lead back to Matt for the rest of the race, in which he beat his own TQ time by 2 seconds, with a battery that wasn't fully charged. Had a few hard crashes and nothing on the car was fazed. No tweaking, no torque steer and no breaking. A pretty good first day.
Old 03-29-2003, 05:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Yokomo is back!

Originally posted by Matt Howard
The car was awsome today considering it wasn't finished until about midnight the night before. It was completely planted in the third qualifier and main and it's only going to get better the more we run it and play with setups. No torque steer, no broken parts, and 2 minutes of runtime left after the main and I was running a 9 single.

Good news to hear I wonder how this car will do compared to my Cudas'
-Dave
Old 03-29-2003, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Matt Howard,

can you describe abit about the drive train?

was it smooth? say compared to other shaft cars you have driven in the past? if that applies

any need to upgrade bearings?

Thanks in advance
Old 03-29-2003, 05:21 PM
Tech Champion

Mo built it without spraying out the bearings or anything and after about 2-3 packs the transmission spun as good as my TC3 ever did. If he were to spray out the bearings and lube them with a light weight oil it would probably spin forever (well maybe not forever but you get my point). I see no need to upgrade the bearings.
Old 03-29-2003, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Do you see any need to do the tc3 shaving of the diff cases to free up the drive trane? What range of springs would be a good starting spot to own for outdoor tracks on rubber tires?

Thanks and man my interest is up!

Jeff
Old 03-29-2003, 06:01 PM
Tech Champion

Mo built it but I don't think he shaved anything from the diff cases
Old 03-29-2003, 06:04 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Jeff no need to shave anything on the diff cases. There was no binding, even with the screws for the diff case completly tightened down. As for springs, the car comes with the Stainless steel springs. I would also get, Yellow, Green, Pink, Orange and maybe Blue.

Here are my assembly tips. JUST FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!!

That is all you need to do to have yourself a great handling car.
Old 03-29-2003, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by mo
rod_b: I am running all KO equipment. 2173 servo, Mars 2000 ltd radio, and VFS esc. Also, I am running Team Luna motors.
Mo: Where can you get the Luna motor??
Old 03-29-2003, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

thanks for the reports guys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.