R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-29-2003, 12:22 PM   #3541
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies
The shock towers are...
and only the steering graphite link is available seperately.
Do you have or know the part numbers?

Thanks...

People who don't have to wait for the latest item, should not tell those that do, that "It's worth the wait"
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 12:23 PM   #3542
Tech Initiate

thank 2-tenths, thats about where I was looking at starting so maybe it won't be too far off...

Lonestar,

I ran the Yok for the first time last weekend, both front universals blew out. I never noticed the chattering noise but I'm now wondering if it's the same problem you are seeing. I didn't hit anything and the car was running perfect and then all of a sudden one wheel would just lock up. I know they are built correctly, I'm not sure what the problem is.
roll_tide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 12:44 PM   #3543
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Fike
Do you have or know the part numbers?

Thanks...
visit RainbowTen at:
http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/english/...newrelease.htm

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 12:46 PM   #3544
Tech Elite

Lonestar - I'm sure you have some faulty components or a problem with the way the car is built. SD's are not a noisy car, and I've had no problems with chattering front universals, they still rotate pretty smoothly at full lock.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 12:47 PM   #3545
Tech Master

I had the same chattering the first time I ran the Yok. At first, I flipped out, and thought "What the hell?!?" Checked everything, and after running the Yok for a few laps at half speed it stopped. Took it home, and took it all apart. Well, that black anodizing on the universals wore away, and it was rubbing metal to metal. Apparently, the ball end of the universal gets out of round with the coating, and once it wears away in the right spot its round again.
rc_bam226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 01:38 PM   #3546
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies
visit RainbowTen at:
http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/english/...newrelease.htm
Thanks,
Eric

People who don't have to wait for the latest item, should not tell those that do, that "It's worth the wait"
Old 09-29-2003, 01:50 PM   #3547
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Fike
Rayspeed parts:

Are the shock towers and steering setup available separately? Anyone know?

Thanks,
Eric
Remember those shock towers were designed for use with the SS (longer GT4) shocks. I heard that the stock SSS shocks with long ends will work too. Can somebody please confirm this?

Thanks.
forty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 02:28 PM   #3548
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by forty6
Remember those shock towers were designed for use with the SS (longer GT4) shocks. I heard that the stock SSS shocks with long ends will work too.
That's fine, I'm using the GT4 springs anyway, I race on carpet and orange SD springs are not stiff enough. I want the RS shock towers for the wider shock mounting positions.

Old 09-29-2003, 03:24 PM   #3549
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default SD PROGRESS REPORT

Hey guys just thought i would post my progress report on the SD.

The TRACK:
80x32ft CARPET track 8ft lanes

CLASS:
Stock motors rubber tires

CAR:
SD SSG
Sorex tires
AE springs

Ok i have completed a 6 race sereis and now im 2 races into a new 8 race sereis. The car has not failed me in any of the 8 complete race days i have raced it. I have also been out to some open practice nites where put through about 4 race days worht of use on the car.
The car has only broke in practice and both times while goofing around.

TOTAL DAMAGED PARTS:
-2x front right knuckles
-1x left c-hub
-1x rear right arm(with hing pin)
I might add that 3parts broke in one crash and that was due to a 2x4 track board being dislodge by 1inch and stickin out into oncoming traffic. what should have just been a tap and slide along a board broke the car instead. So basically 2 crashes took the above parts. The first and worst crash came before i had added a full width bumper.

On the track the car is supper quite, i have not expereiced the chattering from the front drive train that some of you speak of. Basically any noise i hear is from the odd old pinion gear i may install. The car really seems to react to the small changes i make in setup and overall is an easy car to drive.

My best improvement to the car was the addition of a full width bumper i make with an old Buds kydex bumper. This gives you the confidence to drive hard and not worry to to much about the odd tap or hit ripping your front end off.

The only hop ups on the car where to lighten the car. Tobee alloy drive line shafts, and derelin stifner posts. I plan to get the graphite center shaft that ways more then half as much as the stock shaft.

I have had great luck with the car in stock and plan to to swap positions with my tc3 that i currently use for the 19T foam class.

Anyway thats my story.
Old 09-29-2003, 03:38 PM   #3550
Tech Rookie

Wut Joel failed to mention is that he TQed and won the A mains of both of those first races of the new season with the SD.
ChrisDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 03:52 PM   #3551
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Old 09-29-2003, 05:27 PM   #3552
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Steering rack is set farther back. This will elimanate the steering rack from racking up against the front rear suspension block in case of a tap or bump during racing. (if you are involved in a wreck or jump a corner dot with stock SD.. check to make sure your steering is smooth back and forth. Some times it'll rub when tires are facing straight... you must untighten front rear suspension block and retighten back up straight... ) Anyways, you won't have this problem anymore with the RaySpeed Chassis.

Caliper Measurements.....

RS/SSG
Bottom Deck is 3.17mm/3.14mm
Top Deck is 2.17mm/1.95mm
Shock Tower 2.80mm/3.09mm

Battery is moved forward by about 3mm. Steering rack is moved back by around 3.5mm. On the RS Chassis, the servo is moved outward by about 8mm compared to mine. And 8.5 farther back compared to my setup. (This was my 90 servo mod, so this may vary car to car.)

Yes SSS shocks will fit if you use the long shock ends and unscrew them to make 64mm front and 66mm rear. Infact, my long shock ends are shortened and I can still make 66mm out of them. (I just tried it.) But I have SS shock bodies. The new part number for just the shock body is YS-4SS-6 L.F. These are for one shock body and should cost about $8-10 a piece. The old number was YS-4SS-5 L.F.

I hope this answers all questions....

Jimmy Mac
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 05:38 PM   #3553
Tech Master

Thanks Kilruf!! You answered just about everybody's question with caliper measurements to boot.

With the SS shock bodies, do you have to get longer shafts? Or do they share the same shaft w/ the SSS?
forty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 05:57 PM   #3554
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Same. Everything is the same except shock bodies.
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 09:48 PM   #3555
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Has anyone removed the center deck and found problems with it? Like tweaking, banana chassis, and shaft breakages?
Kenneth Tan is offline   Reply With Quote