Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-15-2003, 09:45 AM   #2596
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default Re: YMP TC2003 prototype?

Quote:
Originally posted by kentech
Don't know if anybody else here have seen this car?

Just thought I would post the pictures here so you can see. Seems like they're busy in Japan... They're not letting the TC rest in peace!
Never seen that car, what is it based off of, or what is it?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 09:56 AM   #2597
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

Trying to compare some of the setups being chatted about on this site...I have the yok and ae spring rates...what are the rayspeed rates? Been serching this thread and others and cannot find the info...thanks guys!

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 10:19 AM   #2598
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to kt racing

yodace
Quote:
yodace How do I find information about the carbon fiber version of the SSG? Also were can I find pictures of the black version SSG?

Go to the yokomo web site you can see what you need there.
kt racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 11:19 AM   #2599
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Jeff messing around with rates on the ol finger dyno and squeezing 2 rates against each other

The Rayspeed blue is softer than AE blue and Rayspeed gray is softer than AE Copper I will check again tonight I didn't spend a whole lot of time playing with them.

Dad, try the 2-hole piston it made a huge difference in the transition side to side and also squat off the corner. Pete and I had alot of forward bite compared to the others

Last edited by Difuser; 07-15-2003 at 11:41 AM.
Difuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 11:31 AM   #2600
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have been running:
Front Copper
Rear Red
AE springs.

with CS22 tires all 4 corners on carpet. Seems ok but a tad bit pushy. I think the addition of a oneway might make this thing neutral.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:07 PM   #2601
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Rayspeed Springs

This is my approximation of the spring rates of the Rayspeed springs. Yellow=15lbs, White=18lbs, Red=20lbs & Grey=22lbs. The new green and blue springs are softer than yellow.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:15 PM   #2602
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Difuser
Jeff messing around with rates on the ol finger dyno and squeezing 2 rates against each other

The Rayspeed blue is softer than AE blue and Rayspeed gray is softer than AE Copper I will check again tonight I didn't spend a whole lot of time playing with them.

Dad, try the 2-hole piston it made a huge difference in the transition side to side and also squat off the corner. Pete and I had alot of forward bite compared to the others

Both the new Rayspeed Blue and Green is softer than Rayspeed Yellow. Rayspeed Yellow is equal to AE silver @ 14.5 lbs/in.
Rayspeed Red = AE Blue @ 17.0 lbs/in.
new Rayspeed Blue is probably = AE green @ 12.0 lbs/in. +/-

Rayspeed soft to hard:

Blue
Green
Yellow
White
Red
Grey

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 12:29 PM   #2603
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

How does a person adjust tweak with out a tweak station? I have a Hudy set up board.
yodace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 12:50 PM   #2604
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

That was the info I was looking for thanks!

Difuser- in your post about the #2 pistons you stated that you were gaining forward bite correct? On sunday I was really looking for a way to get the car to bite on a concrete parkinglot type race surface. My thoughts were too stiff of spring but reading your post peaked my interest...I ran #3 all around with AE Gold (19.5) front and Blue Rear (17). Interested in what you felt going from #3 to #2....

Thanks

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 01:39 PM   #2605
Tech Elite

It allowed the car to squat a touch more on accel.

The main change we did it for was the track was bumpy and the small hole allowed the spring/shock to "pack" so going to the large hole 2 allowed it to move freer, and follow the contour of the track smoother. Also side to side transition was sluggish

The main reason for forward bite was the insert we ran the 039F thin inserts which gave the Sorex36R a hint of airgap most of the other guys were running HPI green which filled the carcass a touch more and made the tire nervous over the bumps.
Old 07-15-2003, 01:54 PM   #2606
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Re: YMP TC2003 prototype?

Quote:
Originally posted by kentech
Don't know if anybody else here have seen this car?

Just thought I would post the pictures here so you can see. Seems like they're busy in Japan... They're not letting the TC rest in peace!
According to Robert Itoh (YokomoUSA) this was suppose to be the next generation belt car, instead Yokomo decided to go w/ shaft.
CSF0623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 03:33 PM   #2607
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by yodace
How does a person adjust tweak with out a tweak station? I have a Hudy set up board.
Check out this site:
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...&kategoria=253
Headbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 03:37 PM   #2608
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

like difuser said, we noticed that our cars were not transfering weight as quickly as some of the other cars were on that track. it was his idea that if we tried going from the #3 piston (three small holes) to the piston with two large holes, it would allow the oil to move a little faster.

we rebuilt our shocks on saturday night, and bingo, we ran the last qual on sunday moring and i laid down the fastest run of the weekend.

and like he also said, the super thin yok firm inserts just gave us the forward traction that everybody else was dreaming of.

pete

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 05:56 PM   #2609
Tech Elite

Keith, I think there is no racing this weekend. Just practice. But we will next weekend. Glenn (shop owner) is heading out of town. So this will be my break from RC. Also, I run a oneway at Goldsboro. I ran a spool too. But I just like the way my car drives with the oneway. If I ran a spool with my setup, I'd run the copper or gold lower swaybar up front. I started with this at the State Race during practice. But switched to the oneway without front swaybars.

As for #2 piston, I may just try that out. I'd like to see the effect on a nice smooth asphalt track. Guess I'll have 2 sets of shocks ready for next time!

As for the pictures of AE ball cups on shock ends... sorry. I've just been alittle... Lazy lately... haha. It's nice to relax!

Well let me head back to my lazy self... gotta go eat dinner..... supper.. whatever you wanna call it....

Jimmy Mac
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 06:08 PM   #2610
Tech Elite

Sorry Keith, Rosewood/Goldsboro WILL be running this Saturday. Looks like they found someone to run the place while Glenn is gone. So maybe I'll see ya there? Talk with ya L8Rz...
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote