R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-13-2003, 09:37 PM   #2566
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

thats good to know. But i own a wack of AE springs and when i compare lb setting to other AE drivers and Losi drivers im comparing apples to apples. Besides i still run my TC3 as a second class
Old 07-13-2003, 09:39 PM   #2567
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Thats true, it's easy to find the Associated springs in any rate at just about any shop. You have to search for the Yokomo springs in the heavy rates.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 10:13 PM   #2568
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

I was wondering if any of you would have an idea where I could get some king pins ordered for my SD? I have tried many solutions while I try to find the stock part...lol my car has had traxxas and sone losi concoction that has not worked the best...lol This past weekend (today) I used a silver one from the old yok...that part is almost the same but still slightly different...I am looking for a $2.50 part to get my car back to racing...any help would be great!

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 10:20 PM   #2569
Tech Prophet

Speedtech should have the kingpins. Square also has titanium pieces that would be much harder to break. Rainbowten should have the Square ones.
Old 07-13-2003, 10:28 PM   #2570
Tech Elite

I get almost all my stuff from Steve...but they have been listed as Sold Out on his site and KT's for about 3 weeks...lenght of time I have needed it...lol Thanks for the suggestion!

Jeff
Old 07-13-2003, 10:49 PM   #2571
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

just got back this evening from the ROAR Region 11 on-road championship, this was my first race running tha SD after switching over to driving for yokomo.

qualifying was close as i was learning the car, and they were using the qual points system. i ended up TQ in the last round of qualifying, coming down to a tie with team losi driver geoff phelps, but i happened to have the fastest overall qualifying run, which was used as the tie breaker.

ended up winning the first two mains to bring home the win in the mod sedan class, not to bad for my first weekend witht the car.

i was running the new black special version of the car with all black carbon parts instead of SSG, and if you guys want i can post my setup, it's for high grip semi smooth asphalt, jus let me know.

peter

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 11:01 PM   #2572
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Werner
I get almost all my stuff from Steve...but they have been listed as Sold Out on his site and KT's for about 3 weeks...lenght of time I have needed it...lol Thanks for the suggestion!

Jeff
Call Steve and see when they are commin in, or get the Square ones.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:40 AM   #2573
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Pete Robinson.

Congrats first of all on first win with SD.

Co-incidentally Chris Grainger also gave the SD it's first win in the British TC championship at Halifax yesterday.

Pete. "High grip semi smooth asphalt" is how you describe your track. That sounds pretty similar to ours.

Would you be kind enough to e-mail me your set up sheet on:

[email protected]

Thanks and regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 05:46 AM   #2574
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Koya Dale.com

raced my sd again 2 days ago, all i can say is that this cars the bomb!!! i managed tq and won on the mains and to top it all of i managed to break the tracks fastest lap record and the race time record where i put in a 17 lapper and the previous record was 16. the car was absolutely glued on the track and had no problems with it. still not running the center deck and ever since i took it out the car was more stable and travelled much straighter

Jeff Werner: u can use yokomo mr4tc ones they fit fine
Koya Dale.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 05:55 AM   #2575
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

What's up guys? Just raced my new SD for the first time yesterday (Med grip semi smooth Asphalt with foams) and I had some problems finding speed. The car ran and handled ok but seemed to pause in the corners.

My basic setup was:

50wt oil all the way around, Orange spring front, Yellow spring rear, shocks all the way out front and rear on towers, 5mm ride height front, 5.5mm ride height rear, 2deg toe in rear, 1deg toe out front, 1deg camber front, .5deg camber rear and the rest of the settings were box stock. I ran plaid fronts with Magenta rear tires(26mm width).

Any suggestions???
The Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 05:59 AM   #2576
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Core Creations

I'd start by going stiffer in the rear, spring wise..... I'd try running a green or orange in the back also. Magentas are pretty soft aren't they? When I run foams I run 40f-37r shore....sometimes even 42f-40r. That should help the rear follow the front a little easier.....that is unless the front is digging in while turning...??
Core Creations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 10:38 AM   #2577
Tech Elite

Peter would love that setup! What brand of springs are you running (yok, ray,AE or even your old tamiya)? Congrates on the great first outing!

Jeff
Old 07-14-2003, 11:39 AM   #2578
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to kt racing

Does anyone know if there is a steel or aluminum spool out there for the yoko yet?
Also what drop are you running with the oneway. one asphalt smooth tracks?
kt racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 01:17 PM   #2579
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to THeGame
Default Teacher

You didnt tell me that you were running that soft tire in the rear go to a Harder Tire in the rear. and put a one of thoes Shims under the front mount. So you will have 4 Deg of caster..

kt tracing : where do you race in VA ? There is No spool out yet for the car, just use the Losi XXXs Sand paper and make your own. For droop, are you running Rubber tires or Foam ?
THeGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 02:01 PM   #2580
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

kt, with rubber tires on asphalt, I run 5-6mm droop in the front and 4 or 5mm in the rear.