R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-10-2003, 01:07 PM   #2521
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How much teeth does have the gears for the oneway or diff?
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 02:21 PM   #2522
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

We got a few of the Team Suzuki Aluminum blue anodized steering knuckles for the MR-4TCSD in stock.

Steve Wang
Old 07-10-2003, 10:03 PM   #2523
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to THeGame
Default SpeedTech

When are you going to have the Tobee Craft Aluminum Front and Rear input Shaft in stock again ?

Thanks
THeGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 10:07 PM   #2524
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Steve - You have a PM.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 10:38 PM   #2525
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
My SSG had a lot of flex actually, I think the black carbon version is much needed. I got much better traction when I stiffened the car up, but can only go so far with the SSG.
I would think so too! You only raced the car once then you sell it the next day! Hope the R2 works better for you..just my 2 cents.

Carl
Attached Images
File Type: jpg randman\'s sd.jpg (33.0 KB, 170 views)
CSF0623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 11:07 PM   #2526
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Only raced once because I got the car dialed in perfectly in 4 packs, dont think it could have gotten any better with more tuning. One thing it lacks is the durability that the R2 has, that's why I'm making the switch, although I do want to try out a black carbon SD sometime soon.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 11:21 PM   #2527
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Here is a quick question for you die hard yoksters.After countless hours of tinkerin I can not seem to get a ride highth of 4mm.I've tryed the rear shock tower mod,the asscos.shock bottoms.I have twisted the eyelettes to the point that I think I need to buy new ones (due to scratches in shaft).Is there any thing I could have done wrong.BTW I had problems in new stock form allso,I could only get bout 4.5mm hight then but i could not get droop that i wanted to acheve(4mm).

BTW I have had the r2 and the thing is a little harder to work on versus the yok.2cents

And since the rear shock tower mod and ass.shock bottoms I have NO! shock travel at all.pls.help!

Last edited by littledog; 07-10-2003 at 11:31 PM.
littledog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 12:56 AM   #2528
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to NightKidZ

Quote:
Originally posted by Koya Dale.com
you dont actually need to take out the rear arms top reach the bottom motor mount screw, just squeeze the arms up and insert the wrench under the arm and u can reach for the screw
Yup I know, but it helps a lot if the tool you are using has a "ball" end. Its easy to strip the hex on the screw if you insert a normal tool in off-centre, well it happened to me before anyway

Anyone had this happen to them before? My Yokomo carbon prop shaft is 'twisted", the two crosspins at the ends don't line up anymore The shaft is still in one piece and the carbon fibres are not split, just "twisted" like a wet towel

BTW I only ran about 10 packs thru the shaft, 9 double P-94 motor, no crashes.

Cheers
NightKidZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 01:30 AM   #2529
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

DARKSEID.

Everybody beat me to it. Yes indeed those are the sizes you want.

EVERYONE ELSE.

Interesting discussion about why Yoke, not EVO 3 or R2.

Well, very simple in my case. I can eliminate the EVO 3 immediately on 2 counts. Firstly I don't sell Tamiya but one of my competitors does. Secondly I can buy 2 SDs for the cost of 1 EVO.

With the R2 the situation is different. I did try to buy some, and would have probably prepared one for myself and one for my son to race next season, because I do think it is a very interesting car, but Alex racing don't seem interested in selling cars in Europe, and their Euro distributor seems even less interested, judging by his web site.

However having now had my SD for some months I really have no regrets. It is a pleasure to work on. Parts are very readily available, and the exchange of information with other SD owners is excellent.

RANDMAN.

I'm not surprised you complain of flex, without a top plate! I don't think you gave the Sd much of a chance, did you, though I can understand your fascination with the R2. I think it's a great car too. I could have had an R2 if the manufacturers showed any initiative towards selling them here.

Since they couldn't be bothered I'll stick with what I've got.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 03:36 AM   #2530
IH
Tech Adept

Default Center drive cup pin...

Hi racers,

did you used Loctite or sth. similar to glue the pins in the center drive cups?. I have heard that some racers have problems with loosing them...

Thanks,
ingo
IH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 04:33 AM   #2531
Tech Master

sosidge.do not by anything from the hobby company.there sevice is rubbish they dont no wot they sell[i asked about a 414 and they said who makes that!]and they rip u off.get it from america or hong kong.[tbevo3 that is].
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 05:19 AM   #2532
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by trf racer
sosidge.do not by anything from the hobby company.there sevice is rubbish they dont no wot they sell[i asked about a 414 and they said who makes that!]and they rip u off.get it from america or hong kong.[tbevo3 that is].
But you'll end up having to buy spares from overseas as well - and I don't really want to have to wait a week or more for parts if I can get stuff off the shelf at the local shop for the Yoke. Plus you'll be the only person within 50 miles running one, which makes setup tips hard to come by.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 05:20 AM   #2533
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

RACE 2:

1-second off of TQ! And that run was not clean. Finished 3rd becuase of my driving error and spent some time showing off the silver chassis(upside down in a corner)

With the Buds bumper on and AE springs for tuning i am very happy with this car!

I still working on a push situation but the car is still fast. Rubber on carpet is not as bad as it used to be. Although i still rather run foams.
Old 07-11-2003, 05:22 AM   #2534
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Only raced once because I got the car dialed in perfectly in 4 packs, dont think it could have gotten any better with more tuning. One thing it lacks is the durability that the R2 has, that's why I'm making the switch, although I do want to try out a black carbon SD sometime soon.
I'm surprised you say the car lacks durability when you've only raced it hard for four packs - I've raced it hard for three months and I haven't broken or damaged a thing (granted my track has forgiving barriers and I don't crash very often).
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 06:21 AM   #2535
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to kt racing

if you need parts for the yoko sd. Speedtech should have just about everything that you need. Also KT hobbies has some stuff.
kt racing is offline   Reply With Quote