Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 11:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

koya: I think they dont use the shim that was specified in the manual for the one way or was it removed the shim? Just dont follow the manual. Its somewhere in the pages, just look for it.

Last edited by paulc; 06-21-2003 at 11:55 PM.
Old 06-22-2003, 12:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Shimming 1-ways

Use both shims befor the large bearings on the outdrives. The manual specifies only to use 1 shim on 1 side...as a result we have experienced stripped ring/crown gears. Shim both and you won't have any stripping problems
Old 06-22-2003, 01:00 AM
Tech Adept

use thee delrin gear the white one
Old 06-22-2003, 05:33 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Are you guys making your own spool or does someone make one for the SD already?

Ran my car for the first time yesturday and it was damn good with diffs in. In the main I ran times like I did with my XXX-S with a spool in. The Yoke was very smooth and had great acceleration. Car is all stock but I want to get the spool or make my own and get some of the Tobee stuff I have been reading about.

johnbull I think I made the right choice. The car is very fast and with only a few changes was very easy to drive. I could run 5 laps at a time all with in a tenth of each other. If I had no traffic I could run as many laps as I wanted from start to finish all with in a tneth or two of each other. It is very consistant at my local inddor asphalt track. Also was easy to work on as well. Electronics fit tight and took me some time to wire it nice and neat but I got it done.
Old 06-22-2003, 05:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default tc3 shaft mod...

Originally posted by wyd
Are you guys making your own spool or does someone make one for the SD already?

Ran my car for the first time yesturday and it was damn good with diffs in. In the main I ran times like I did with my XXX-S with a spool in. The Yoke was very smooth and had great acceleration. Car is all stock but I want to get the spool or make my own and get some of the Tobee stuff I have been reading about.

johnbull I think I made the right choice. The car is very fast and with only a few changes was very easy to drive. I could run 5 laps at a time all with in a tenth of each other. If I had no traffic I could run as many laps as I wanted from start to finish all with in a tneth or two of each other. It is very consistant at my local inddor asphalt track. Also was easy to work on as well. Electronics fit tight and took me some time to wire it nice and neat but I got it done.
Old 06-22-2003, 06:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default wyd,

I agree the sd is very consistent lap by lap...feels and looks slow driving it but times are very good.

Johnbull, I know i have asked you about the tc3 shaft mod before but what i did not ask was what type of adhesive you used to glue the ends with and roughly how much shaft did you cut? thanks in advance
Old 06-22-2003, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

where can i download masami's setup? any other drivers , aside from post thier set-up?

what's the spring rate of the stock silver spring?

thnx
Old 06-22-2003, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

highwayman: go to www.rczone.net they have all the setups available for the sd and all other cars.... u have to register though

glide 1: looking forward to some input on that tc3 shaft mod and thanks for the reply hope i wont break another crown gear
Old 06-22-2003, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

highwayman: heres the link for all the spring tensions.... rayspeeds arent posted though

http://www.schumacher.clara.net/springchart.htm
Old 06-22-2003, 10:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Re: wyd,

Originally posted by glide 1
I agree the sd is very consistent lap by lap...feels and looks slow driving it but times are very good.

Johnbull, I know i have asked you about the tc3 shaft mod before but what i did not ask was what type of adhesive you used to glue the ends with and roughly how much shaft did you cut? thanks in advance
I am pretty sure he just used CA glue and took his time doing the mod.
Old 06-22-2003, 10:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

About the one-way gears and the gears on the SD in general, I spoke with Yokomo USA tech support about stripping gears, and they suggest that when you build a new SD or replace the gears run the gears tight (with the suggested amount of shims) let the gears break in for several runs (perferably not high power modified motors) Once the gears have broken in, then you can play with the shims and loosen up the drivetrain.

Gear stripping problem sometimes occurs when guys start to play with the shims when the gears are still new, and the gears ending up not breaking in properly.

I recently read a Japanese magazine article, which had a 6 page explaination on how to build the SD by Yokomo's driver Adachi, and before running the car, he suggest using a low power source (he was using a Yokomo MMS) to power a motor on the car at low voltage to break in the drivetrain before running.

Hope that helped

Steve Wang
Old 06-22-2003, 11:21 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

That sounds like a good idea Steve, I am going to run those nylon gears on the 1 way that I bought from you. I'll just run it for a while on my LRP pulsar. BTW, can you order those rear pulleys for the MR-4TC for me?
Old 06-22-2003, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

dale: thnx... will do, just registered...

if all else fails, i can always go to the LB setup... just kidding
Old 06-22-2003, 02:41 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Speedtech I just placed an order today for you on Monday. Do you have any locked spools for the SD or are guys just making their own? Does Yoke make a spool yet and if so do you have them?

Thanks
Brian
Old 06-22-2003, 05:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

randman,

I'll order those for your friend.

wyd,

thank you for the order. I don't know of anyone that makes a spool for the SD, all the yoke drivers I know just make their own with sand paper diff rings.

Steve Wang

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.