Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 10:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by johnbull
Talking about tweeks, it's one thing I haven't found with this car. It just doesn't tweek. It's great to be able to take it down to the track every evening in the knowledge that I can put a good pack of cells in right away and boot it, and it's going to be good.
My car has a tweak that I can't seem to get rid of. I've tried almost everything.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:26 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

James, come see me next time your at the track and I'll see if I can't get rid of that tweak for you.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Mo, Goss seems to be having the exact same problem as me too.
Old 06-16-2003, 03:44 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Thanks johnbull for the info. I actually have my xxx-s sold if I want to. I have two different guys that want it as it is setup very well and at our local track it is very hard to beat. I Team Losi driver helped me with a setup that he uses and after that it was even faster than before and it was already pretty good. If I do it I will get the new Yoke in about two or three weeks.

I like how you did your front links. Kinda like the 414M2 with those struts. What parts would I need to buy to do that?

Thanks
Brian
Old 06-16-2003, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nuke, just click here... http://www.thercspeedway.com/Nats%20Entry%20List.htm for the entry list for the Nats. It's not final as more entries may be added. I'm in the last heat... car 1! haha... I just don't wanna start first! But I have to!! I just hope my motor man has some magic!! Go Mindblown!!!!

Anyways let me head out....

Jimmy Mac
Old 06-16-2003, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Default KilRuf

Dont know whys its doing that, Try [email protected]
Old 06-16-2003, 09:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

James- have you put any weight on the electonics side of the car? I had to put about an ounce on the electonics side to get the car balanced from left to right. If the car is unbalanced and then you tweek it to get it even, it's not going to handle right.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Matt, Ill give it a try.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:33 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. greetings from Malta.

TWEEK.

JAMES N. Just as I said yesterday that my car never seemed to tweek, I took it down to the track yesterday, put it on the track.........and yes you've guessed!

It was as tweeked as hell. All I had done since my previous run was put another set of used Sorex tyres on rebuild the Corally motor. It was totally loose on right handers.

I swapped rear tyres around and next run........totally loose on left handers.

Put the set of Take Offs from my last race meeting on for the next run...............PERFECT.

Just a thought for the future. Try simple and daft things like this first before fiddling with chassis adjustments.

RANDMAN. A friend runs Reedy motors in his TC3, and yes the KR is very quick indeed. My son and I run Corally motors because we get lots of help from Corally. But that's not the only reason. I think they are brilliant too, and at least as fast as anyone elses motors.

I ran a 12 x 1 yesterday and my car was quicker than guys running 10s. At the end of the day it's the little fiddling with brushes, springs, timing, speedo settings etc that makes the difference.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 06-17-2003, 01:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Johnbull - With a lower turn modified like a 12 turn, I would try a double or triple if I were you. You lose a little torque, but gain RPM's, and since you are dang good at stock racing, you know how to keep cornerspeed.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Need info on SD spings...

I've just purchased a new SD and was wondering if any of you can post some info on springs. I 'm going to race modified on asphalt. I've read of some rayspeed springs but i'm from Puerto Rico and would like to know if the AE springs or maybe HPI would work. and which ones. I love the car so far but it needs better springs that the factory ones. Thank's in advance from.... PR , "The Island of Enchatment".
Old 06-17-2003, 08:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Need info on SD spings...

Originally posted by Silent Strike
I've just purchased a new SD and was wondering if any of you can post some info on springs. I 'm going to race modified on asphalt. I've read of some rayspeed springs but i'm from Puerto Rico and would like to know if the AE springs or maybe HPI would work. and which ones. I love the car so far but it needs better springs that the factory ones. Thank's in advance from.... PR , "The Island of Enchatment".

HPI springs will not work..they are too long. AE will fit...but you will have to change the springs ends and retainer to AE. AE blue is equal to Rayspeed red and AE silver = RS yellow. PM me if you're interested in Rayspeed springs and bladders/o-rings.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can someone post the Green SD of Masami at the Reedy Race ?
Old 06-17-2003, 09:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Old 06-17-2003, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by johnbull
Hi guys. greetings from Malta.

TWEEK.

JAMES N. Just as I said yesterday that my car never seemed to tweek, I took it down to the track yesterday, put it on the track.........and yes you've guessed!

It was as tweeked as hell. All I had done since my previous run was put another set of used Sorex tyres on rebuild the Corally motor. It was totally loose on right handers.

I swapped rear tyres around and next run........totally loose on left handers.

Put the set of Take Offs from my last race meeting on for the next run...............PERFECT.

Just a thought for the future. Try simple and daft things like this first before fiddling with chassis adjustments.

RANDMAN. A friend runs Reedy motors in his TC3, and yes the KR is very quick indeed. My son and I run Corally motors because we get lots of help from Corally. But that's not the only reason. I think they are brilliant too, and at least as fast as anyone elses motors.

I ran a 12 x 1 yesterday and my car was quicker than guys running 10s. At the end of the day it's the little fiddling with brushes, springs, timing, speedo settings etc that makes the difference.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.

Joe:

It would seem to me that your sorexs where labled wrong or you got two different compounds in the bag. Since sorex does not lable the rubber it self like the take off tires it would be pretty easy to loose track of wich tire is wich compound. That or 2 different inserts where used but i would doubt you did something like that. I have seen mix ups with sorex tire before because there are no markings on the sidewalls. Wonder if a durometer would work on rubber?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.