R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-14-2003, 12:04 AM   #1951
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by TRF-Powered
shipping for a car kit from Rainbow ten is not that cheap is it? I ordered from them before, the shipping cost me about 4700 yen... which is more then 10 bucks US dollars. they shipped via EMS... is there a cheaper shipping option that I was not told?
Hehe, 10 bucks is only for a bunch of small parts. Car kits are around what TRF said.
forty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 12:12 AM   #1952
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Ko Racer
here is the black chassis
Does that blue Alumnimum brace come standard?
TRF-Powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 04:10 AM   #1953
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to komkit Send a message via AIM to komkit Send a message via Yahoo to komkit
What does it tell me?

I ran my SD for about 25~30 packs, so far I like the car. BTW, I ran SD indoor Ozite carpet. I am using TRC foam tires (Plaid =front and Purple = Rear). First set of the tire I noticed the front ware out 1mm ~ 1.5mm ahead of the rear tires. So, when I put on the 2nd set I even true the tires so the front tires were 1mm bigger than the rear.

Still, the front tries are now about 0.8mm smaller than the rear.

I ran both front and rear kitís diff. Rear is slightly lose but still lock. Motor, I ran anywhere from 19T ~ 10x2. The same Track layout, same tries my LOSI XXX-S G+ does not eat the tires like that.

Perhaps my Yok SD is front heavy??
Old 06-14-2003, 04:22 AM   #1954
Tech Master

Hi guys. greetings from Malta.

Looking at the pic of the black SD I see that there is no centre chassis brace (centre deck, call it what you please).

That would give me the impression that it will flex more, not less.

What i plan to try on my SSG is remove the standoffs and bolt 2 centre decks straight on to the chassis, creating a TC3 like backbone. This should make it even stiffer than standard, though I'm not sure it will actually be necessary - just worth a try.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 08:24 AM   #1955
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by johnbull

Looking at the pic of the black SD I see that there is no centre chassis brace (centre deck, call it what you please).

What i plan to try on my SSG is remove the standoffs and bolt 2 centre decks straight on to the chassis, creating a TC3 like backbone. This should make it even stiffer than standard, though I'm not sure it will actually be necessary - just worth a try.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Interesting...like the IRS for the TC3...without the sidebraces...
Old 06-14-2003, 08:42 AM   #1956
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I am definately going to have to order the cf pieces for the car, I just dread filing down the battery slots on the chassis again, 3300 packs do not line up, it was a b!tch to get right...
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 08:49 AM   #1957
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Johnbull - Although I think 2 braces mounted right on the chassis would reduce front/rear flex, it seems like having them mounted lower would increase side/side flex. Maybe I am wrong about that though. I hope you get good results while testing it, if it reduces a little bit more flex than the stock position, I will definately give it a shot.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 09:40 AM   #1958
IH
Tech Adept

Default Which MIPs?

Which of the three MIP CVD types do you recommend for the SD?
IH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 10:59 AM   #1959
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by johnbull

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Chris Tosolini ran his car the same way for the Speedworld Cup last month.
CSF0623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 03:50 PM   #1960
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

one more black special
Attached Images
File Type: jpg black special.jpg (13.4 KB, 224 views)
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 04:54 PM   #1961
Tech Rookie

I just bought one of these kits and I was wondering about the 70 tooth spur and 30 tooth pinion among other set-up options. I noticed the kit comes with a marked set-up sheet...is that a good neutral set-up or do you guys suggest another starting point?

And about those gears...I have an old 12 turn quint modified motor from who knows when I was thinking of using. Is that motor going to be suited to the car, or should I be looking at something totally different. I also plan on using a Monster Stock in it. What kind of final drive ratios should I be looking at?
kidsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 05:00 PM   #1962
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
CVD Question?

I am considering getting one of these cars and am hearing a lot of bad rumors about the CVDs being a major issue. I keep hearing that the set screws come loose even if loc-tited and cause the pin to come out and hence breaking the pin. I also am hearing that the car is quite fragile?

I heard the same negative rumors about the TC3 when it first came out. Any responses from people racing the car frequently will be greatly appreciated. Also any building tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 05:43 PM   #1963
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to picco007 Send a message via Yahoo to picco007
Default Ko Racer

I like the black carbon yok? Is that yours? Let me know how you like the car and the pros and cons of it.....when you get a chance. Very interested in that car and the rummors of the cvds like crash said..........

would appreciate it.
picco007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 06:07 PM   #1964
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

hi, the provided set up sheets are very good starting points for various track conditions. you can ignore the stock 30 pinion gear as it is almost useless, unless you will be running a mabuchi 540 type motor. I too running a monster stock motor , you need to be carefull about gearing this motor or it will become flaming hot, after toying around various pinion i found out 7-7.1 will give you the best overall performance ( medium size parking lot, straight way about 90-100 ) you can go from there. to calculate gear ratio
spur/pinion X 2.35, keep the stock 70 spur and try 23 pinion will give you 7.1
hope it helps,

Quote:
Originally posted by kidsafe
I just bought one of these kits and I was wondering about the 70 tooth spur and 30 tooth pinion among other set-up options. I noticed the kit comes with a marked set-up sheet...is that a good neutral set-up or do you guys suggest another starting point?

And about those gears...I have an old 12 turn quint modified motor from who knows when I was thinking of using. Is that motor going to be suited to the car, or should I be looking at something totally different. I also plan on using a Monster Stock in it. What kind of final drive ratios should I be looking at?
Old 06-14-2003, 09:32 PM   #1965
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Had a bad day today! Might as well have been my Friday the 13th! Well it was all my fault. I was in a rush and forgot to put the body clip on the battery brace. Was TQ for Stock. Getting a good lead for the 2 laps when my battery fell out and shorted out frying my Quantum Comp ESC! Man.... what a sad day! Nice set of batteries are grinded down. Gotta reheat shrink them now. Battery bars all bent up. Car was feeling good too.

As for Mod class... ended up 2nd. Not bad for a Novak Brushless goin up against a KR 10x1. I gotta get me one! Only problem... what ESC will I run! haha.... damn. Gotta make room for my old Tekin G10 til I can decide on another ESC.

Hmmmm what ESC to get.... I might end up waiting on the Quantum Comp2 to come out. But I'd like something to run for the Nationals here in 2 weeks. I dunno.... Gonna be a tough call.

Anyways, just babbling about my day today. Gotta go and get ready for Durham tomorrow. Gotta mess with some more Mod setups... L8Rz...

Jimmy Mac
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote