R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-26-2003, 02:05 PM   #1531
Tech Elite

CVD's - CVD BONES are the same size front and rear (comparable length to TC), AXLES are different - rear axles are same as TC rear, front axles are shorter, SD-only part. Don't know if MIP have a suitable shorter axle in their lineup elsewhere.

Things of note on the Reedy race cars - Masami seems to have fitted a small fan in front of the motor, hence the receiver on the servo, and possibly that lexan air deflector (Tosolini has deflector too). Both cars have different front shock towers that are mounting the front shocks more upright - modified rear tower for Tosolini, possibly custom part for Masami. Both cars are using the traditional Yokomo shock caps, not the bladder caps. Both servos rotated to face forwards. Tosolini confident he won't get T-boned - speedo cap is mounted on side, clear of chassis plate.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 02:51 PM   #1532
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

You definately have a good eye! One thing I was wondering about is both cars seem to be running the stock center driveshaft, I would think they would want the graphite one for less rotating mass...

What difference do the older style shock caps make over the new bladder caps in handling?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 03:15 PM   #1533
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I'm surprised to see that they are not using the bladder caps. I've found that my shocks have been more consistently built using the bladders over the bleed-screw caps. I'm using the caps on my SD, my TC SSG and my Nitro TC3.
Old 05-26-2003, 04:26 PM   #1534
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Took a pic of my BL car today with my Durham setup. Don't make fun of the one blue bone in the rear.. I'll change the other out later hehe...

I have one question idea... anyone try a rear shock tower on the front of the car yet??? hint hint... kinda like ala TC3..... hmmmmm I have 2 Yoks.... I'll give it a try Wednesday.... hehe... I've been wanting a more upright setup for the front shocks anyways....

Blah blah blah... let me go clean up my car...... dum dee doo....

Jimmy Mac
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sdbl1.jpg (81.6 KB, 245 views)
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 04:33 PM   #1535
Tech Prophet

I just took a closer look at Tosolini's SD, and it looks like someone has tried a rear shock tower on the front end I am just about to order another rear shock tower myself.
Old 05-26-2003, 04:56 PM   #1536
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

Not having my car yet...does the front and rear tower share the same bolt pattern? From the looks of Chris's car he took off the uprights from the rear tower and placed it on the front. What tool and how would a person finsih the tower to make it look like that?

May have to order a rear tower....lol

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 05:03 PM   #1537
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can you say Dremel!! haha. Well considering that the front and rear tranny cases are the same, then it's a safe bet the shock towers are interchangable as well. Much like a TC3. Or Evo3 for that matter..... (hmmmm gotta tell my friend that since he has my Evo3.... hehe) But I think track conditions will determine if the rear tower should be used or not... I can see it now... Speedtech will be out of rear shock towers now! haha.....
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 06:00 PM   #1538
Tech Prophet

Speedtech has my order for a rear tower, lol. I am assuming that the rear tower will be good for SoCal since a ton of Reedy racers were practicing at SoCal, and although I havent been there in a while, last time I was Chris was a usual racer there...

I built up 4 Reedy XCell 3300 packs and come to find out, of coarse they dont fit in the Yokomo chassis right. So after a couple hours of filing the chassis to get it perfect for the cells, I am not rebuilding the packs, fun stuff! O well, last time I checked, thats what racing is all about.
Old 05-26-2003, 08:28 PM   #1539
Tech Prophet

Also, I will be parking lot racing in San Diego, and the track temp gets around 120-130, somewhat hot, so I am wondering where I can pick up one of the small fans, and how would I hook up a constant power source?
Old 05-26-2003, 08:45 PM   #1540
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Blakesrc
Default Rear shock tower on the Front

Mo mentioned that he had tried this a few weeks back, i believe before any of us recieved our cars. He said that he used it with diffs at Speedworld and it gave the car more steering.

Blake
Blakesrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 09:29 PM   #1541
Tech Prophet

It looks like Chris' car has a 1 way on it, no way to tell what Masami is using in that picture though.

I may be taking a break from RC for a little while soon, planning on starting my own business, so it's gonna take a ton of time and cash to get it goin, not much time for RC for the first couple months or however long it is gonna take to get goin...
Old 05-26-2003, 09:49 PM   #1542
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Also, I will be parking lot racing in San Diego, and the track temp gets around 120-130, somewhat hot, so I am wondering where I can pick up one of the small fans, and how would I hook up a constant power source?
Randman, you can probably find a fan at Fry'd Electronics. 12Vdc should work. I think the best way is to connect it to motor tabs. If you connect to the bats it will always be on. Perhaps John Bull can provide more details.

-H
Headbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 09:50 PM   #1543
Tech Fanatic

Chris couldnt have been using a oneway. it was a no oneway race.
James Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 09:54 PM   #1544
Tech Prophet

I thought about the motor tabs, but then it will rev up only as the motor revs up, I think it would be better to have it running at a constant voltage at all times, just trying to figure out what power source I would need to tap into to get that, maybe the ESC wires that go to the reciever? I'm also guessing you meant Fry's?
Old 05-26-2003, 09:55 PM   #1545
Tech Prophet

Also, how much run time is that going to knock off of the car, I'm guessing next to none but still like to know...