R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-24-2003, 08:39 PM   #1501
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

TheGame, no need to save you a pit spot. There should be plenty. As for the dates you mentioned.... the 5th and 12th... That's during the week (Thursday).... and I only head to that race track on raceday Sundays. Looking at the race schedule... the 1st... 15th.. 21&22 are Electric Race Weekends. Then of course the Roar Nationals are on the 23rd thru 29th. So I don't know what to tell you. If you head down on one of those dates... then maybe I'll catch ya out there.

Well today ran the SD again in Stock Class. Ran my Region3 setup at my home track in Goldsboro/Rosewood. Car was hooked with that setup. I even ran the MVP from the Regional. Should have run a Monster Stock but didn't. But still got in 16 laps. I also ran the other SD with the Novak Brushless in Sportsman mode. I tried the Region3 setup, but it doesn't quite handle the same as my other SD. So I had to make on or two changes. I'm thinking is the free rolling nature of the Brushless setup. But I also run 30% throttle trim up on my Stock Motor SD to get it to roll a tad at neutral. I dunno. Ended up second today behind my good friend Tim and my old car.. the Brushless Evo3. It was a good run and I lead most of the race. It was fun though!

I did have one thing happen today and didn't notice it. But I keep loosing the front pin on my drive cup for the main shaft. It doesn't affect performance or anything. But I'd like that extra security. Anyone have that problem? I may end up very slightly thread locking the pin in place.

Anyways... can't wait til next weekend to race again. This time gonna run a Monster Stock in da SD instead of the MVP. Blah blah blah... gotta go try and find some dang Reedy Race results for today!!! Tamiya seems to be slacking on their so called "Live" website... haha

Jimmy Mac
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 10:35 PM   #1502
Tech Addict

Have anyone seen Masimies SD? Its all gold chasie and upper with a glitter green everything else, everything else! It was nice I will try to get a pic for you all to see. I know I spelt him name worng lol.
teamAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 11:39 PM   #1503
Tech Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to VenomRcR
Exclamation MR-4TC CVD's on SD

Just a note guys... I was at Sheldon's today checking out the cvd's and found out that the axle is about 2-3mm too long to use the rear MIP's on the front of the SD. Since the design of the cvd's are reversed just a MIP dogbone is no good. They didn't have the front MIP's in stock but Brian is putting in an order so we can see whether the axle length will allow the front version to fit... The rear MIP's fit perfect though so all I need now is the one way outdrive I lost. Time to order from japan unless Speedtech can pull off a small miracle for me early next week
VenomRcR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 12:07 AM   #1504
Tech Master

Hey VenomRcR do I know you??!!
rc_bam226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 12:09 AM   #1505
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by teamAE
Have anyone seen Masimies SD? Its all gold chasie and upper with a glitter green everything else, everything else! It was nice I will try to get a pic for you all to see. I know I spelt him name worng lol.
Try to snag a pic of that, I'd love to see how it looks, sounds trick.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 12:19 AM   #1506
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

Man I just ordered two sets of rear cvd's...grrrr Was hoping that they would work all the way around the car...

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 05:22 AM   #1507
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Have finally got some pics of my SD.

Check out the attachments.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sd left view.jpg (52.7 KB, 261 views)
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 05:23 AM   #1508
Tech Master

And here's a right side view.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sd right view.jpg (57.6 KB, 219 views)
Old 05-25-2003, 05:24 AM   #1509
Tech Master

And here's a close up of the electrics installation.

Note the servo turned through 90 deg. and moved forward, and the fan. Also TC3 style motor heat sink.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sd close up.jpg (51.7 KB, 250 views)
Old 05-25-2003, 05:26 AM   #1510
Tech Master

And here are the 2 Yokes, BD and SD, ready to run.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg more yokes - may 03.jpg (45.4 KB, 228 views)
Old 05-25-2003, 05:27 AM   #1511
Tech Master

And same again but without shells.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my yokes - topless 2.jpg (56.7 KB, 225 views)
Old 05-25-2003, 05:29 AM   #1512
Tech Master

And finally a front suspension view showing BD style blocks and top triangulation.

Note the carbon TC3 (shortened) prop shaft.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sd front view.jpg (50.8 KB, 273 views)
Old 05-25-2003, 06:12 AM   #1513
Tech Fanatic

Default Shaft Modification..

Johnbull, can you please explain how you did the tc3 shaft mod to fit the sd? i'm sure a lot of us would be interested as the stock alu shaft that comes standard on the yoke is a lot heavier. Thanks in advance..

Nice pics by the way...like the way you positioned your electronics and still have space for a fan!!!
glide 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 06:37 AM   #1514
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: MR-4TC CVD's on SD

Quote:
Originally posted by VenomRcR
Just a note guys... I was at Sheldon's today checking out the cvd's and found out that the axle is about 2-3mm too long to use the rear MIP's on the front of the SD. Since the design of the cvd's are reversed just a MIP dogbone is no good. They didn't have the front MIP's in stock but Brian is putting in an order so we can see whether the axle length will allow the front version to fit... The rear MIP's fit perfect though so all I need now is the one way outdrive I lost. Time to order from japan unless Speedtech can pull off a small miracle for me early next week
I just ordered 2 sets of rears too!! UTIEH, I don't suppose you were able to make this work, did you?

Anyway, thanks for the info VenomRcr.

Last edited by elnitro; 05-25-2003 at 06:44 AM.
elnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 10:39 AM   #1515
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Johnbull - You definately have some beautiful cars there, it looks like you have done a ton of work to the SD. I am wondering if that pivot on top of the castor block is functional for adjusting castor, or just there for added support? And is that pivot piece from a Trinity Switchblade? I definately hope that when my SD is done, I get the same results you have with yours, it is beautiful. I havent even began building mine really, waiting for parts to come out for it, 1 way, carbon shaft, etc. although it looks like you have the carbon shaft covered...
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote