R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-28-2006, 07:14 AM   #15031
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo
i don't think there are more aluminium pieces in the masami BD, see the latest issue of RC World or RC magazine and you'll notice that the major difference is the white belt and ti screws and maybe shock tower also.
The rest are pretty much the same
I agree, the masami is pretty much the same with the standard BD. What I meant was, there are orders to be filled in for the MASAMI/BD and that they are concentrating on building the hardware for it than any other kit like the LCG and the very rare SUZUKI knuckles.

bomberman: yes the SSG is very competitive and parts support is very good!! I have not driven one and most of the people who use the LCG and BD had or came from an SSG.
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:59 AM   #15032
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

any of the sd cars are going to work fine. it's all about the setup. the cgm/ssg should work almost anywhere. the lcg/worlds may be better suited for aphalt since the chassis is more flexible and makes tuning on carpet more difficult. setup, setup, setup.

today's cars are so adjustable that there is little excuse for a bad chassis. the difference between most of the cars out there is primarily how wide the window is.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:05 AM   #15033
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lem2
I agree, the masami is pretty much the same with the standard BD. What I meant was, there are orders to be filled in for the MASAMI/BD and that they are concentrating on building the hardware for it than any other kit like the LCG and the very rare SUZUKI knuckles.

bomberman: yes the SSG is very competitive and parts support is very good!! I have not driven one and most of the people who use the LCG and BD had or came from an SSG.
ahh i got what you mean now
i'm getting LCG as well
dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:26 PM   #15034
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to v0rtex Send a message via AIM to v0rtex Send a message via MSN to v0rtex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokibear
I have to say that to me the CGM is far more responsive and a easier chassis to setup.Anyone else find that?
I did notice with the CGM that after about 6 months of racing it turned to putty and was completely inconsistant, a fact that was replicated by one or two other racers locally too.

Because the CGM is a tub car, on our high grip indoor track you would expect it to perform better than the SSG because the CGM tub chassis is more rigid.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:37 PM   #15035
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to hurley081182 Send a message via Yahoo to hurley081182

do any of the big name guys drive any of the shaft cars anymore. like atleast the lcg?
Old 03-28-2006, 03:44 PM   #15036
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Yes. I still uses Yok CGM, SSG, and a HPI Pro 4. I don't think that shaft cars are a thing of the past. It still works as well as BD cars. I think that cars are fashion and now the fashion is belt and not shaft.
Yellowtaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 03:46 PM   #15037
Tech Addict

Big guys would not use shaft drives because it is not "fashionable" or what the company wants them to use. Shaft cars are just as good. I think some big name people will win with shaft car if they can use them.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:50 PM   #15038
Tech Addict

I want to clarify. I am not a factory driver. Just an average hobbyist like most of us. I am giving my 2 cents about shaft cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurley081182
do any of the big name guys drive any of the shaft cars anymore. like atleast the lcg?
Old 03-28-2006, 04:48 PM   #15039
Tech Adept

thanks lem2 and seaball.
bomberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:39 AM   #15040
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0rtex
I did notice with the CGM that after about 6 months of racing it turned to putty and was completely inconsistant, a fact that was replicated by one or two other racers locally too.

Because the CGM is a tub car, on our high grip indoor track you would expect it to perform better than the SSG because the CGM tub chassis is more rigid.
Yours in particular Vortex with a hinge in the middle!! Still waiting I see.
AERCCC Member #18
Yokibear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:02 PM   #15041
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge
LCG conversion kit is pretty costly and there are probably not many left on shop shelves. Only worth it if you are a true top class driver.
I find the lcd conversion really expensive. Maybe better to buy used. The bd would be a better option if buying brand new atleast its a new car. Are there any parts that are compatible with all 3 platforms?
KillWency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:17 PM   #15042
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to v0rtex Send a message via AIM to v0rtex Send a message via MSN to v0rtex

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillWency
I find the lcd conversion really expensive. Maybe better to buy used. The bd would be a better option if buying brand new atleast its a new car. Are there any parts that are compatible with all 3 platforms?
Arms, diffs and shocks work on all three. With the obvious exception of the belt pulley and gears for the SD car, the outdrives/diff halves and most other diff parts are all identical.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:30 PM   #15043
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowtaro
Big guys would not use shaft drives because it is not "fashionable" or what the company wants them to use. Shaft cars are just as good. I think some big name people will win with shaft car if they can use them.
im sory mate but there is a difference between why yok drivers take BD over LCG and thats torque steer and chassis balance! i just put 3800's in mine and to get the ride height the same right to left i had to wind the left side shock collars about two extra turns over my 33's! and i bet if you put 7turns in the 2 cars side by side you'll see which one accelerates in a straight line and puts the power down properly!

mod went unlimited last year here in the UK and i don't think a single national round was won by a shaft drive car and not many made the A. compared to 12t the year before it's a big difference. but hey i run stock and 19t so it don't bother me
Carpetwars/Sidcup RCC/Maritime Racing/7oaksmcc
Racingbod85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 06:35 PM   #15044
Tech Adept

Default Parts

What are the parts (C-hubs, knuckle arms, A-arms, etc) made of? I dont think it's made of ABS plastic. Why is it they easily break up, in other words, brittle.
macgyver1432000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 07:20 PM   #15045
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I dont know the exact plastic they are made of but the stock ones are plastic. You can ones that are made of graphite. You can get aluminum knuckles also.
aN4rK1 is offline   Reply With Quote