R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-20-2006, 09:56 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default TC4 set up question

I currently own a TC4 that was purchased as a RTR,I race on a carpet oval. Right now for gearing I am running 72t spur and 29t pinion 27t stock motor... and it seems pretty quick...The car is pushing towards the wall when I am coming out of the turn...I am running Purple springs in front and white springs in back...I noticed when I was cleaning the car that the springs did not make contact on top and bottom of the assembly so I have now added small spacers in the rear...Do you guys have any recommendations on how to get the car to handle better coming out of turns...Another non stock piece that I added to my car was a front anti-roll bar...This past weekend when I raced it was very hard to drive it out of turns, in fact I did even break some servo gears in the main...Thanks in advance Jeff

Also if you have any other recommendations on items that I can purchase to make the car drive better please post them as well...
jeffbhhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 10:24 AM   #2
Tech Champion

If the car is understeering you might want to consider changing to lighter shocks or oil,but dont go too light or the car will dive into the corners and possibly grip roll if the grip levels are high or youre using grippy tyres.

You might also have too much toe in or toe out,try going neutral and making small changes until it hooks up better.

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 10:27 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

if you are running a full stock TC4 RTR, then a big change would be to get new caster blocks. using 4 degree or 6 degree caster blocks will greatly increase the stability of the car and help in mid to exit steering...
Old 12-20-2006, 11:46 AM   #4
Tech Adept

What do you guys recommend for droop settings?
jeffbhhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:08 PM   #5
Tech Champion

I would run a moderate amount of droop, but not maximum, try the kit setting first and see how it handles, but you need probably a little more than that to make the chassis work well on high grip carpet tracks.hope that helps, if not try looking on the associated website for some team setups,they should be a good starting point too

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote