R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-19-2006, 07:59 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool

Craig you came a long way ,

Ain't no stopping you now !
Team Scream Racing Middle River Hobbies GQ AMERICA Diggity Designs Castle Creations ✦TheRCShack✦ www.castlecreations.comwww.teamscreamracing.com www.diggitydesigns.comhttp://www.gqproduct.comMini www.middleriverhobbies.comTom Brown The Rev 7 XRAY ✦ M05 Surfs Up DudeMiddle River Hobbies
KAHUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:23 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Congrats Craig, no one out there deserves it more. Should I start painting a new shell for you?

rD Squared-MW Designs-C and R racing

Final Thoughts RC club R.I.P.
killingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:55 PM   #33
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Goodluck with your new ride. Congrats on the hookup. One of the nicest guys in this hobby and well respected.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:39 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Hey Craig, Congrad's on your new ride props to ya bro well deserved one of the nicest dudes around

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:40 PM   #35
TLRacing

I will give Craig Xavier a ton of credit. This guy has stuck with Team Losi through thick and thin. I appreciate and thank you for all your support. You are a great driver and I wish you the best.

However I must ask myself something. Five years ago, no one was talking about this guy going to this team or that team in the stock class. How is this getting so big? Why are these companies trying to fill the stock realms with Factory Drivers? Tell me why? So they fill all these stock realms with these great drivers such as Xavier, Cuffs, Robinson, Ellis, Dayger, etc. Only one of the mentioned drivers has made the step to Modified. Good job Dayger! You want to be the best. Not discounting these other drivers however how can we let the Factory Teams beat up on the consumers who pay for their stuff??? I had one manufacturer tell me "this factory stock racing is stupid" and now he has a main stock driver to run his motors and batteries. I am sure he receives contingency when he does well with this companies batteries and motors. That is absolutely insane and we all wonder why TC is starting to fade away.

*These are the views and opinions of Todd Hodge. None of these opinions are of the companies he works and races for*
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 10:15 PM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge

However I must ask myself something. Five years ago, no one was talking about this guy going to this team or that team in the stock class. How is this getting so big? Why are these companies trying to fill the stock realms with Factory Drivers? Tell me why? So they fill all these stock realms with these great drivers such as Xavier, Cuffs, Robinson, Ellis, Dayger, etc. Only one of the mentioned drivers has made the step to Modified. Good job Dayger! You want to be the best. Not discounting these other drivers however how can we let the Factory Teams beat up on the consumers who pay for their stuff??? I had one manufacturer tell me "this factory stock racing is stupid" and now he has a main stock driver to run his motors and batteries. I am sure he receives contingency when he does well with this companies batteries and motors. That is absolutely insane and we all wonder why TC is starting to fade away.
Well said Todd!
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 11:14 PM   #37
Tech Master

Quote:
I will give Craig Xavier a ton of credit. This guy has stuck with Team Losi through thick and thin. I appreciate and thank you for all your support. You are a great driver and I wish you the best.

*These are the views and opinions of Todd Hodge. None of these opinions are of the companies he works and races for*
Very true! Might not be as bad in off-road but i would definatly like to see some change!
Old 12-20-2006, 12:07 AM   #38
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS STORTI

I do agree with Hodge on this. i think these guys should move up an stop running stk. and its probally cause i suck compared to there talent. and if they bump up to mod then i bump up in stk

but xman congrats on the new wheel enjoy!
DENNIS STORTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:33 AM   #39
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Maybe point & shoot isn't as competitive in mod.

I kid, I kid...
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 05:30 AM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A. Rhodes

Congrats on the new ride Craig...
Old 12-20-2006, 05:36 AM   #41
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

CraigMack, congrats on the new wheels! I got that bombass setup for you... ....MWC fo lyfe foo!
The Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 05:44 AM   #42
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:

First Congrats to CX, class guy with a class team....
Second, Todd very good points.. but this is not the thread for this....
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 05:50 AM   #43
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Congrat's on your new ride Craig
Old 12-20-2006, 08:40 AM   #44
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:

5 years ago there were only what....3 MAYBE 4 competitive TC's on the market? Now there are at least 7 that I can name off the top of my head that have all won a class at a Major race within the last 6 months!! I guess those companies want to try and make sure they are the ones on top by what ever means to ensure they keep up sales. Also the internet was no where near as big 5 years ago as it is now. Its all about advertising and you should know that as much as anyone.

As for Factory stock drivers I agree it's stupid. No one that runs for me get's any contingency money and never will...Period.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 09:18 AM   #45
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

Even though this is not the proper place for this, there is one line that should settle the whole thing.

"What wins on Sunday, sells on Monday". With the majority of us running Stk. at club races, because of the lack of 19t or mod. at the club level. MORE ppl than you think watch what wins the Stk. classes at major events so they can purchase the winning gear.