R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-2008, 06:31 AM   #361
Tech Master
 
Kropy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 1,763
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy
Default

Here are a few pics of my BMI DB12R
Attached Thumbnails
12th scale gallery (Post your pics... body on and body off)-birds-073.jpg   12th scale gallery (Post your pics... body on and body off)-birds-075.jpg   12th scale gallery (Post your pics... body on and body off)-birds-061.jpg   12th scale gallery (Post your pics... body on and body off)-birds-062.jpg  
__________________
Dale "Kropy" Kropaczewski
Kolors by Kropy
Postman, Save a spot on the stand for me
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:02 AM   #362
Tech Regular
 
Branden Moody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 491
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000 View Post
Guys,
There seems to be a rash of new cars lately and I am only going to add to the pile. I am announcing my new MS3 from Slapmaster Tools. Taking a departure from the MS2.3, the new car has a molded chassis that will accept the Asc Dynamic front end with the IRS replacement arms and it will accept the CRC Pro-strut front ends. The front end of the chassis has a shallow off-set which eliminates the shim stack from both front ends. The smallest tire that can be used is 1.53" with no shims. Shim up with the CRC plastic shim - super easy! The chassis is rolled or tubed through the sides, matching the curvature of the cells. The chassis measures 4.05" wide at the cells - which is narrower then any t-bar car on the market and even narrower then some link cars. The chassis footprint that can contact the carpet lies between the axles which allows more roll and eliminates double steer due to chassis contact. I pressed out the very first car last week and took it to the final leg of our NWIC Series Race in Portland, Or. It was trial by fire. I had to maintain a good podium finish in order to capture the series win. After some quick adjustments, the new car was running pretty good. I was working with the Asc/IRS front end. After fine tuning the car, I qualified 2nd on the grid about 3 seconds off the pole and took 2nd in the mains. That was enough for the series win. I was real happy with the first prototype, but I know there is just a little more that can be extracted. What really caught me by surprise is the weight of the car loaded and ready to run turned out to be 817g! My previous car is a 834g with a 19t motor. I will drop in a stock motor for an upcoming Regional race and will likely be right at weight. With todays heavy batteries, this weight advantage will be priceless. I have some more prototype work to preform and then plan to release the MS3 as a conversion kit in the coming month. With some luck, I will try to work the numbers to be able to kit the car as well. No prices have been set yet. The car is not listed on the website just yet, but you can go to www.slapmastertools.com for more contact info.

Brian Bodine
Slapmaster Tools
Hey brian will the ms3 repalce the ms2.3 and do you have cut down the front arms to use smaller tires. thanks and that is one sick car!
Branden Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:47 PM   #363
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000 View Post
Guys,
There seems to be a rash of new cars lately and I am only going to add to the pile. I am announcing my new MS3 from Slapmaster Tools. Taking a departure from the MS2.3, the new car has a molded chassis that will accept the Asc Dynamic front end with the IRS replacement arms and it will accept the CRC Pro-strut front ends. The front end of the chassis has a shallow off-set which eliminates the shim stack from both front ends. The smallest tire that can be used is 1.53" with no shims. Shim up with the CRC plastic shim - super easy! The chassis is rolled or tubed through the sides, matching the curvature of the cells. The chassis measures 4.05" wide at the cells - which is narrower then any t-bar car on the market and even narrower then some link cars. The chassis footprint that can contact the carpet lies between the axles which allows more roll and eliminates double steer due to chassis contact. I pressed out the very first car last week and took it to the final leg of our NWIC Series Race in Portland, Or. It was trial by fire. I had to maintain a good podium finish in order to capture the series win. After some quick adjustments, the new car was running pretty good. I was working with the Asc/IRS front end. After fine tuning the car, I qualified 2nd on the grid about 3 seconds off the pole and took 2nd in the mains. That was enough for the series win. I was real happy with the first prototype, but I know there is just a little more that can be extracted. What really caught me by surprise is the weight of the car loaded and ready to run turned out to be 817g! My previous car is a 834g with a 19t motor. I will drop in a stock motor for an upcoming Regional race and will likely be right at weight. With todays heavy batteries, this weight advantage will be priceless. I have some more prototype work to preform and then plan to release the MS3 as a conversion kit in the coming month. With some luck, I will try to work the numbers to be able to kit the car as well. No prices have been set yet. The car is not listed on the website just yet, but you can go to www.slapmastertools.com for more contact info.

Brian Bodine
Slapmaster Tools
Hey Brian,

Is that a larger rear bearing I see on the rear axle?
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:34 PM   #364
Tech Fanatic
 
turboxrayt1fk05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ri
Posts: 978
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

This car TQ at vegas driven by jarrod l. on stock class

__________________
SERPENT S811 AND S811T, FUTABA 4PKS , viper rc solutions
OS SPEED WORLDS EDITION 21 , OS 2060 PIPE
BYRON %30 FUEL , PROTEK 2300 LIPO RX PACK
SAVOX SERVOS 1268MG HV , 1267MG HV
turboxrayt1fk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 05:29 PM   #365
Tech Master
 
Kenny L's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,267
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

BEFORE TOMMY DROVE IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboxrayt1fk05 View Post
This car TQ at vegas driven by jarrod l. on stock class

AFTER

__________________
Team Tekin, Ko Propo America
Kenny L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:56 PM   #366
Tech Elite
 
Slapmaster6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Edmonds, Wash.
Posts: 3,050
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Brandon - I have stopped laying up the MS2.3 even though I really like the the car. The public told me they want to be able to break the car, so I had to finally come up with a molded chassis that someone can knock the corners off of without killing the chassis. I am being sarcastic of course, but really, the sales of MS2.3's went to a trickle for that very reason plus there are so many cool cars on the market right now. I still have the molds for the 2.3, but my focus in on the 3. The arms are not cut down, but rather they are the IRS arms that do not have a shoulder. I built the offset in the front of the chassis so if you bolted the IRS arm right to the chassis without a spacer, you will be able get something less then a 1.53" tire on the car. Anything smaller is "wheel". You can also use the CRC front end if you remove the lower shim, then take a counter sink to the embossment on the bottom of the arm to provide a flush surface. I then use the CRC assorted plastic shims for ride height. It works great! I will be testing the car again this weekend in Billings, Mt. I will running a few of them in stock and 19t class in a couple of configurations. After that race, I should have a clear idea of which parts I want to recommend to build the car. I am tooling up right now to do all the chassis cutting in house to keep the price low. Conversion kits will be released first which will consist of a chassis, bumper, 2 posts, rear cross brace, screws, stickers & assembly instructions. I hope to keep it around $80-90. But we'll see once all the parts are in place.

Inspector - you have a keen eye! Yes, I have been running 1/4x1/2" bearings now for 7 or 8 years. I dial up Boca, get a pair of ceramic bearings for $17 each which last about 2 full seasons of zero maintenance. I mean "none". I have mentioned to some of the guys to mold up the adjusters to take 1/2" bearings for sale, but the racing public does not know they can go a couple of years on bearings in order to request this product. Maybe we can pester IRS or BMI. I have machined these sets. I have them for all my cars. Each set is .025" different from the next. And before anyone asks, the answer is "no". They take way too much time to machine.

I wish I could figure out how to resize photos in IPhoto on my Mac. I have a bunch of photos of the car, but I have to take pics in low rez in order to post them on rchtech. Any of you guys have any tricks to getting higher rez pics on here, please let me know.

Brian
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:35 AM   #367
Tech Addict
 
more$thanbrains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sooke BC Canada
Posts: 677
Send a message via MSN to more$thanbrains
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000 View Post
Brandon - I have stopped laying up the MS2.3 even though I really like the the car. The public told me they want to be able to break the car, so I had to finally come up with a molded chassis that someone can knock the corners off of without killing the chassis. I am being sarcastic of course, but really, the sales of MS2.3's went to a trickle for that very reason plus there are so many cool cars on the market right now. I still have the molds for the 2.3, but my focus in on the 3. The arms are not cut down, but rather they are the IRS arms that do not have a shoulder. I built the offset in the front of the chassis so if you bolted the IRS arm right to the chassis without a spacer, you will be able get something less then a 1.53" tire on the car. Anything smaller is "wheel". You can also use the CRC front end if you remove the lower shim, then take a counter sink to the embossment on the bottom of the arm to provide a flush surface. I then use the CRC assorted plastic shims for ride height. It works great! I will be testing the car again this weekend in Billings, Mt. I will running a few of them in stock and 19t class in a couple of configurations. After that race, I should have a clear idea of which parts I want to recommend to build the car. I am tooling up right now to do all the chassis cutting in house to keep the price low. Conversion kits will be released first which will consist of a chassis, bumper, 2 posts, rear cross brace, screws, stickers & assembly instructions. I hope to keep it around $80-90. But we'll see once all the parts are in place.

Inspector - you have a keen eye! Yes, I have been running 1/4x1/2" bearings now for 7 or 8 years. I dial up Boca, get a pair of ceramic bearings for $17 each which last about 2 full seasons of zero maintenance. I mean "none". I have mentioned to some of the guys to mold up the adjusters to take 1/2" bearings for sale, but the racing public does not know they can go a couple of years on bearings in order to request this product. Maybe we can pester IRS or BMI. I have machined these sets. I have them for all my cars. Each set is .025" different from the next. And before anyone asks, the answer is "no". They take way too much time to machine.

I wish I could figure out how to resize photos in IPhoto on my Mac. I have a bunch of photos of the car, but I have to take pics in low rez in order to post them on rchtech. Any of you guys have any tricks to getting higher rez pics on here, please let me know.

Brian

upload to photobucket and embed on here

easy as pie
__________________
Xray~Titan~Ko Propo~Orion~Muchmore~Dekelz.com
T2 007 US/EU~CRC Gen-XL~MO3-Pro~NT1~Corally C10X
'73 Ford Bronco sittin on 36" swampers~ 10" lift
more$thanbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:38 AM   #368
Tech Addict
 
more$thanbrains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sooke BC Canada
Posts: 677
Send a message via MSN to more$thanbrains
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboxrayt1fk05 View Post
This car TQ at vegas driven by jarrod l. on stock class

nice car

do you know if that front end will bolt onto the front end of a corally SP12X?

or atleast the measurements between the screws


Tx.
M.
__________________
Xray~Titan~Ko Propo~Orion~Muchmore~Dekelz.com
T2 007 US/EU~CRC Gen-XL~MO3-Pro~NT1~Corally C10X
'73 Ford Bronco sittin on 36" swampers~ 10" lift
more$thanbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:03 AM   #369
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000 View Post
And before anyone asks, the answer is "no". They take way too much time to machine.
Aww man!
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:05 AM   #370
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by more$thanbrains View Post
nice car

do you know if that front end will bolt onto the front end of a corally SP12X?

or atleast the measurements between the screws


Tx.
M.
Not sure...looks like it bolts up to a standard AE front end mounting location. If you can find where to get one let me know...been trying to get ahold of one.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:39 PM   #371
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 133
Thumbs up

My Corally Spec sp12x with the crc prostrut front, will be trying it out this weekend, can't wait to give it a go

__________________
Matt van der Haas
RCRacer.co.nz - New Zealand RC - news - videos - photos
drivingpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:16 PM   #372
Tech Master
 
timmay70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,701
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by more$thanbrains View Post
nice car

do you know if that front end will bolt onto the front end of a corally SP12X?

or atleast the measurements between the screws


Tx.
M.
this version will... http://www.teamspeedmerchant.com/sho...l/smr1604.html
__________________
Speed Merchant Rev7, Tekin, TQ Racing (wire), Team Tamale
RC Excitement - Buy where you race, support your local tracks.
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:28 PM   #373
Tech Addict
 
Ferrarimk13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Staten Island, New York
Posts: 630
Send a message via AIM to Ferrarimk13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingpro View Post
My Corally Spec sp12x with the crc prostrut front, will be trying it out this weekend, can't wait to give it a go

really nice car, i love the wiring job, very clean, and impressive. Nice motor as well.
__________________
Press Alt+F4 for a good time.
Ferrarimk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:18 AM   #374
Tech Master
 
KREATOR1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 1,706
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to KREATOR1
Default

nice car dude
__________________
TA04ss / TA04TRF / TB EvoIII/ TB02 /DF02 / M03L / TRF414m2 / TRF415 / TRF415MS / TRF415MSX / MRE
KREATOR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:28 AM   #375
Tech Master
 
racingboy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Default

what motor is that in there? Looks good.
__________________
Bk Graphics Custom Painted Bodies
Email me at [email protected] for a custom quote!
We also do vynil mask sheets!
racingboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Painted 12th Scale Body ORANGE DOG R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 03-25-2008 08:51 AM
CRC gen X 12th scale body... lbckevin R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 04-16-2007 12:01 AM
associated toj 12th scale body warpainter R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 02-07-2005 09:03 AM
CEFX 1/12th scale body dr_hfuhuhurr R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 02-03-2004 12:09 PM
~Post Pics Of your Cars W/O body~ V.1 MtX2ImPuLsEr Nitro On-Road 64 03-08-2002 03:38 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:48 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net