R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   What TC to race (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/140441-what-tc-race.html)

skiharder 12-14-2006 05:23 PM

What TC to race

Hey all, looking to get back into racing and have noticed that TC's seem to be the hot ticket at the local track. most of the guys there are running Xrays or RDX's. My question is will a shaft drive TC be competative (AE TC4) with the belted TCs? The track is an indoor carpet road course.

I'm looking to come back and be competative but keep it at a reasonble price and the shaft drive cars seem to be less expensive.

Steve

earlybirdc 12-14-2006 05:55 PM

any of those car are good choice. don't be afraid of any of them. practice is most important than money. have fun is number one thing.

t4m1y4niac 12-15-2006 01:39 AM

TC 4 FT is competitive..the most important thing is keep on practicing..

stephen hilton 12-15-2006 02:10 AM

hi there is someone at my local club who has a tc 4 (shaft) he finds it hard to drive and harder to set-up. he had a go of a cyclone belt drive and he has now ordered a wc edition cyclone. i think that beltdrive cars are much easier to drive as they dont get torque steer.and are easier to set up :nod: :sneaky:

1fastdude 12-15-2006 04:23 AM

Make sure that your hobby shop or friendly racers have parts, in case you break something. My personal preference, of course, would be a Corally RDX. Very durable and competitive right out of the box. :nod:

skiharder 12-15-2006 06:30 AM

TC

Why are the shift driven cars harder to drive and set up?

Glowster21 12-15-2006 07:16 AM

Shaft drive cars tend to have torque steer under extreme power. The FT TC4 is a great car and works well in Stock or 19 Turn. I run one occasionally in stock and it is completely dialed....also accelerates a touch better out of the corners due to the more efficient shaft drive. I have a FT TC4 that I may be looking to sell also if you're interested as I can only run so many cars at one time. I see you are in CT...I am one of the Speedzone Hobbies in Rocky Hill Team Drivers and would be happy to spend some time with you on setups or just answer questions if you have any. Dave has a fully stocked shop with parts for all the popular cars out there. Let me know if you want to check out the TC4 I have. I will be at the track on Tuesday night.

juanfinesse 12-15-2006 01:10 PM

Is it really that hard? If you want a car that wins races Only 1 word for you....Tamiya. If you're sort of a beginner, a TA-05 is good for u. For only like $140 at tower, its a steal. Tamiya leads at my club in sportsman. Two of the same size belts with a mid-motor. They're really easy to set up. If youre kinda pro then, Tamiya TRF 415.

Hope this kinda helps,

Juan

RCMits 12-16-2006 10:53 PM

it all depends on what you want to spend, what your local hobby shop or track carries for spare parts, and how far you want to go.

any car is competative... just learn to drive smooth. don't go just because of the flavor of the month car is winning...

=)

luke humphrey 12-17-2006 05:01 AM

Another good competitive cheap car is the T2R at £130 ish... you've got a car that performs just aswell as the full blown T2, you cant go wrong...

skiharder 12-17-2006 06:19 AM

I didn't know there are two versions of the T2. Whats the difference between the T2 and the T2R?

Steve

R/C Anonymous 12-17-2006 06:31 AM

Basically the more inexpensive chassis. The T2R is like the same as the T2 not the '007.

adamge 12-17-2006 07:07 AM

T2R website