R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-11-2006, 05:59 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Michael Barch
Default So, I been outta the scene for awhile...

Like the title says, I been out of RC scene for quite some time. Around April last year is when I gave it up for the summer. I used to race @ Larry's Performace RC's in Sterling Heights, MI. For those of you who raced there, I was the bigger kid, had the T2, hung around Dave's table? ... Meh. Mike C used to call me PITA...haha, I don't remember.

Anyways, I plan to pick up the hobby once again this summer since I will be moving closer to Larry's again, and it will give me something to do while at college besides partying all the time. I had a T2, all the nice parts, blah, blah, blah. I noticed there is a new XRAY T2 out now, the T2 '007. I would like to stick with XRAY, I loved mine.

I sold my T2, my awesome Power Supply, and my Discharger. I have everything besides a nice set of wrenchs (I think they GOT stolen), PSU, and Discharger. I still have the charger I bought before I quit, and I still have the setup station, radio, and majority of items. I will need new packs, since these been sitting quite awhile, and they were in need for the trash can when I did use them.

So, I have about $600-$700 to spend, I'm looking at the new T2 007, I think I will run stock class (thats what I ran before I quit), and I need a good Speed Control, and steering servo. (I ran THE best steering servo too, I forget what it was, but it was like $107).

What are some of the best items on the market today fella's? Can you hook me up with some links?

Thanks, Mike.

Last edited by Michael Barch; 12-11-2006 at 06:17 PM.
Michael Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 06:59 AM   #2
Tech Fanatic

If your budget includes the Xray you'll have about 2-300 for a ESC and servo if I'm reading that correctly. The Novak GTX is a great ESC and it's tiny. If the club you're racing at allows the Novak 13.5 brushless in stock class you may want to consider that paired with the Novak GTB ESC.

For the servo there are plenty to choose from. Here is a recent thread on servos.

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.p...ghlight=servos

Welcome back.

OnRoadColorado.com
Colorado On Road RC Club
SlamMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:51 AM   #3
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Michael Barch

I know I had the GTS, and was going to up to the GTX before I quit, but never did. I'm trying to think of what Servo I had...I'm pretty sure it was a JR Z9000S, or something like that. If that is the best by JR, then that was it.

What are the differences in the T2 '007, and T2? Is the '007 better suited for carpet racing? That is what I plan to race most the time, although, this summer I will try to do some outdoors. I never did outdoor, I started last winter in-door.
Michael Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:06 AM   #4
Tech Fanatic

There are two versions of the 007. A US Spec foam/carpet version and EU Spec rubber/asphalt version.

Check out the 007 thread for more info on both.

OnRoadColorado.com
Colorado On Road RC Club
SlamMan is offline   Reply With Quote