Wiki Posts
Search

Integy KOS stock motor

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 12:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Integy KOS stock motor

Anyone know if the new Integy stock motor is Roar legal yet. I mean just about every motor Tuner is doing them.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

No, it is not Roar legal and is not likely to be either.

For current list of approved motors go to - http://www.roarracing.com/approvals/smotor.php
Old 03-08-2006, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

TY Frank by any chance does anyone know if there are any other sanctioning bodies in the US besides ROAR.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, there has been NORRCA, but I'm not sure if they're still in business. However, if you're just looking to run that motor at your local track, just ask them if it's ok, most tracks I know of allow it for club racing(basically any races aside from major events), since that motor doesn't offer any advantage over the others(but it does look like a competitive one from what I've seen).....
Old 03-08-2006, 05:11 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Best thing to do is go on the ROAR thread and ask them why the motor is not legal.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It will be to do with the vent holes in the can (being to close to the edge) and the mounting holes in the can, which doesn't allow for accurate measuring of ZERO degress timming point.... the rules aren't to clear but the application form for homologation is.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:42 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Guess thats why companies are not making many new stock motors anymore. Rules might be a little grey area so many manufactures probably decide to stay away from making a new updated stock motor.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by wyd
Guess thats why companies are not making many new stock motors anymore. Rules might be a little grey area so many manufactures probably decide to stay away from making a new updated stock motor.
The number of motors that have to be avaliable will also put some of them off. Nothing to stop them from coming up with a design on paper and getting checked out before getting them made. Difficult to compete with the might of T
Old 03-09-2006, 04:59 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Frank N. Furter
The number of motors that have to be avaliable will also put some of them off. Nothing to stop them from coming up with a design on paper and getting checked out before getting them made. Difficult to compete with the might of T
I agree. Seems like stock overall is the biggest class of racing at most tracks so you think many more companies would try ot develop their own stock motors. I guess it is a very expensive. The only new one in the works that I know of is from Truespeed (Custom Works motor company). They have a new stock motor in the works and is getting close to completion. Just have to wait to see if they make something that meets the ROAR rules.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

I think it is more to do with the fact that most major events in America are not ROAR sanctioned meetings, and will quite often run a spec motor (handout) so to be honest, there isn't much incentive for a tuner to homologate. Mores the shame though.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Has anyone ran this motor yet? what kind of gearing or roll out does it like?
Old 04-10-2006, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Ran it this weekend, it seemed to like a big gear, around 1.15-1.17 roll out. They seem like good motors, but I would need more time to really work with it.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Ran it this weekend, it seemed to like a big gear, around 1.15-1.17 roll out. They seem like good motors, but I would need more time to really work with it.
try the F-brush and purple/purple springs
Old 04-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

not directing this necessarily to anyone that has posted on this thread so far, but where is all the integy hate-messages for making a non-roar legal motor? trinity released a non-roar motor and you would have thought they were the devil. heck, people were even complaining about the brca (non-roar) version.

as for me, i look forward to trying this one out.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:11 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by gee-dub
not directing this necessarily to anyone that has posted on this thread so far, but where is all the integy hate-messages for making a non-roar legal motor? trinity released a non-roar motor and you would have thought they were the devil. heck, people were even complaining about the brca (non-roar) version.

as for me, i look forward to trying this one out.
Not sure where the hate mail is but as of lately it seems like the only motors that make ROAR approval is Trinity. Maybe most other manufactures don't care about ROAR and most club races let you use most of the newer stuff out anyways so it is not a problem for most companies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.