Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Phi

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 03:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by crabboy
I dont quite agree with that, i think if the car was not balanced left to right (on the balance pins) that would affect steering.....i think.

Rhys
I agree with what you say, I meant that left to right balance is one thing and must be balanced, however you also need the cross weight to be balanced. The difference is that left to right balance is static and if unbalanced the car would steer one way or another. The cross weight is dynamic and will only be seen when cornering, so to sum up: Left to Right balance = straight line balance, and Cross Weight balance = cornering balance.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Is the older rdx lower front bumper the same as the phi? there are 2 part numbers, the phi's ending with an A, but they don't seem to be in stock anywhere.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Larcher,

The RDX one didn't have the little inserts like is used on the top deck. It just screwed into the plastic.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Diff ball question

My effort to configure my '07 Phi from the standard to short wheelbase continues to run into issues:

The latest is that switching from the 42T pulley's to the 36T pulley's mean different size diff balls! My manual says the '07 diff used 3/32 balls (fit good on the 42T pulley), but they fall right through the 36T pulley (part # 79670).

What size diff balls does the 36T pulley use? 1/8? 2.5mm? something else?

Thanks.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RaceBucks
My effort to configure my '07 Phi from the standard to short wheelbase continues to run into issues:

The latest is that switching from the 42T pulley's to the 36T pulley's mean different size diff balls! My manual says the '07 diff used 3/32 balls (fit good on the 42T pulley), but they fall right through the 36T pulley (part # 79670).

What size diff balls does the 36T pulley use? 1/8? 2.5mm? something else?

Thanks.
You could try them, it's a 0.15 mm difference in size. But normally the 3/32" should fit. Are you sure the pulley is the right one, and with the original holes still intact?

When you will use the 2.5mm balls. Use the ceramic ones,(#1016) it's a big improvement to the cars performance over the normal steel balls. And the wear of ceramic balls is significantly smaller.

Rick
Old 07-26-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Thomson
You could try them, it's a 0.15 mm difference in size. But normally the 3/32" should fit. Are you sure the pulley is the right one, and with the original holes still intact?

When you will use the 2.5mm balls. Use the ceramic ones,(#1016) it's a big improvement to the cars performance over the normal steel balls. And the wear of ceramic balls is significantly smaller.

Rick
Thanks.
I ordered the only 36T pulley listed; I'll run with the 3/32 balls for now and order the 2.5mm ceramic and install them when they come in.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:16 AM
Tech Adept

Default Cheap diff

Hi

I am looking for a cheap way to make my Phi diff betterand I read about using a flanged bearing and spacersinstead of the thrust rac. Can anyone give me part numbers for this mod and poss a photo?

Also can anyone pm me websites that hold Phi spares in the UK/STATES?

Thanks

Tony
Old 09-06-2009, 07:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadBrushRacing
Hi

I am looking for a cheap way to make my Phi diff betterand I read about using a flanged bearing and spacersinstead of the thrust rac. Can anyone give me part numbers for this mod and poss a photo?

Also can anyone pm me websites that hold Phi spares in the UK/STATES?

Thanks

Tony
Tony,

Assuming that you have the original Phi diff, I highly recommend that you junk it and get the 08 diff. Requires a lot less attention to keep smooth. It is excellent!

Bill
Old 09-06-2009, 09:33 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Bill

Thanks for the reply but I want the cheapest option to get the car running again. If I can get back on the pace after a 18 month layoff I will invest some more money.

Tony
Old 09-06-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MadBrushRacing
Hi Bill

Thanks for the reply but I want the cheapest option to get the car running again. If I can get back on the pace after a 18 month layoff I will invest some more money.

Tony
Tony,

If you look way back in this thread, I believe you will find the list of parts used for that modification to the original Phi diff.

Use the Search command above with words like "diff" to find the area of this thread you are seeking. I am guessing that was slightly more than a year ago because I think I got my 08 diff mid last year.

Bill
Old 09-06-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RaceBucks
Thanks.
I ordered the only 36T pulley listed; I'll run with the 3/32 balls for now and order the 2.5mm ceramic and install them when they come in.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Don't bother with the 2.5mm balls. They were tooooooooooo tight in my 36T pulleys. The looser 3/32" balls were definitely the best for getting a good adjustment. Yes, they do fall out when not supported.

Bill
Old 09-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey everybody, ive been enjoying my RDX Phi for about a month now and its been taking a bit of wear. Where do you guys buy your parts from? i cant get them locally though i sort of prefer buying off the net anyway. I know of Superior Hobbies and Ashford Hobbies though they dont seem to have all the stuff i need, (cant find belts). when i bought the car off of a friend, he did supply me with a few extra a arms. though i would like to pick up a front sway bar for it.

one last thing, what do you guys do about a servo saver? i cant fit one in there unless i need to spin the servo around..
Old 09-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Double D Donuts
Hey everybody, ive been enjoying my RDX Phi for about a month now and its been taking a bit of wear. Where do you guys buy your parts from? i cant get them locally though i sort of prefer buying off the net anyway. I know of Superior Hobbies and Ashford Hobbies though they dont seem to have all the stuff i need, (cant find belts). when i bought the car off of a friend, he did supply me with a few extra a arms. though i would like to pick up a front sway bar for it.

one last thing, what do you guys do about a servo saver? i cant fit one in there unless i need to spin the servo around..
If Superior doesn't have it, I usually resort to CorallyUSA.com.

Use the mid-sized Kimbrough unit.

The ball stud should be placed in the direction of the servo on the back side of the servo saver. The Futaba 9550/9551 Low Profile Servo is the only servo I found that did not require me to grind some of the top deck for clearance.

I prefer a full-sized servo at this location on the chassis because the car is lightest in that corner of the car.

Bill
Old 09-06-2009, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

so that direction?

thanks for the quick reply. i went back a few pages and found that people also use stormer which seems to have a good amount of parts and ampdraw also.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Double D Donuts

so that direction?

thanks for the quick reply. i went back a few pages and found that people also use stormer which seems to have a good amount of parts and ampdraw also.
Good picture of your situation.

Drill a large enough hole in the servo saver arm to place that threaded insert into it. Turn the threaded insert around to make it nearly flat towards the top deck.

You are almost there.

Sorry that I cannot show you my car; but, it has been sent on to the IIC in Vegas.

Bill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.