Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by xtreameracer
i race a rdx carpet spec
And ????
Old 08-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh H
The phi car comes with aluminum castor blocks and aluminum rear hubs.
It also comes with a complete spring set.

Add those parts to your xray and your well above the price of the phi.
THANKS JOSH! I was just kinda "Joshing" around with xtreameracer....but you covered my back... lol!!
Old 08-30-2007, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

If you check out the bulkheads on the Phi, you'll notice the extra amount of machine work necessary on them alone... This added machine time and material add to the cost... Don't quote me on it, but since the kits come from Europe, I'd bet the conversion from the Euro to USD may have something to do with it too... All of the above is personal opinion...
Old 08-30-2007, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

thats why i don't see the reason for the price , the rdx comes with all the same stuff. xray when thay switch from the t1 to the t2 the price increase was not that much .
Old 08-30-2007, 08:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xtreameracer
thats why i don't see the reason for the price , the rdx comes with all the same stuff. xray when thay switch from the t1 to the t2 the price increase was not that much .
Maybe this could help you understand the reason for the price increase - (RDX vs. PHI)

1. Lowest COG on the market
2. Narrowest chassis on the market
3. Equal length left and right rear bulkheads
4. Easy accessible diffs
5. Optimised weight distribution with equal weight on all 4 wheels
6. Easy adjustment and replacement of roll centre couplers
7. Improved steering geometry
8. Lower overall weight
9. Improved diff, spool and 1-way pulleys
10. Replaceable centre pulleys are used on the duraluminium spur gear adapter.
11. All pulleys are optionally available in several sizes for optimised internal ratio on long and short tracks with either brushed or brushless motors.
12. Adjustable wheelbase settings: standard 264 mm RDX wheelbase or short 256 mm wheelbase without sacrificing the driveshaft alignment. Fine wheelbase tuning by hingepin spacers.
13. New wishbone design
14. Pre-shaped battery slots
15. Improved swaybar mounting system
16. Hard anodised duraluminium pivot balls
17. And most importantly… all parts and suspension are optimised by phi ‘golden ratio’ geometries throughout the design.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

is it $100.00 better than the old car ?
Old 08-30-2007, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

worth is in the eye of the beholder...

early adopters will always pay more.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

i will wait and see if it proves itself or not. i don't want to sale a great car for a car i don't know about.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

By far worth more than the $60-$100 over the RDX. Also when Xray makes new kits, they dont change almost the whole car, (ie. diffs, general geometry, drivetrain.) How many cars out there can you change the internal ratio by as much as the PHI?

Also, you spelled "SPEEDMERCHANT" wrong in your sig.

BTW, totally agree with Timmay and Beardmore.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sold my RDX to get a PHI. Built the PHI and has all the things you wished for on the RDX are on the PHI.Have not even put the car on the ground yet but my first race is in three weeks.Being able to change gear ratios is a great advantage since I'm racing a 13.5 brushless.Now I get to experiment with a completley different set-up from my team mate with the same car.Before with the RDX I was having a difficult time finding pinions for the gear ratios I wanted. Not now.I have found a few things I don't like - I'm not able to fit a 4800 lipo onion /peak lipo pack in the car. A 3200 fits and now I ran out of weights at the house . Presently I'm over 100 grams light. But I can put the weight where I need it. I've had all the Corally Touring Cars and each version gets better and better. Looking forward to another great handling car.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

For anyone that has ran the RDX and is questioning the additional price for the PHI.

Being able to get to the diffs. without having to remove one side of the bulkhead and being able to change the Roll center blocks by removing 2 screws on each side...IS WELL worth the extra cash!

The RDX was and still is a good car. But the PHI is a step above it! I have had my PHI for going on 4 months. The car is dream to drive and is SO EASY to work on vs the RDX.

Along with everything that was mentioned in the above post and the fact that you now get 4 Alum. clamps that the roll blocks fit into, the price increase should not be an issuse if you want the kit!
Old 09-01-2007, 05:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I finally got my car, sadly it's the regular RDX. She's gonna get put on a track in ~4 hours for the first time.

I say sadly cause I did want the Phi version but the distributor was sold out and likely there was no ETA to get more in and rather than my LHS leaving me hanging I said order the RDX as a last resort.

This is the first car I've ever built from the ground up. The diffs sucked. The build quality is phenomenal, lightyears beyond my venerable TC3. The carbon looks simply scrumptious.

The guts of the car include a Mamba max speedo, Reedy 19 turn Quad spec motor, and 3 channel spektrum receiver w/high torque spektrum servo. I'm debating whether or not to run this car in the upcoming novice class or put the brushless Mamba Max into it when it arrives and save the TC3 for the novice/19 turn class.

All in all this car is very effing impressive and I cannot wait to get it out for a run on the track.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have some RDX parts for sale and a few of the aluminum caster blocks and hubs that fit the RDX Phi. Check it out, good prices.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=174643

Thanks
Old 09-02-2007, 09:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Got the RDX on the track yesterday after setup and tweak boards. Lightyears beyond the TC3.

Pretty quick and handled like a champ, we've got a really technical track here now. No straights at all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.