R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2007, 06:01 PM   #1231
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy View Post
Shock oil weight controls the speed of weight transfer. If you want to make the car react quicker, use thinner shock oil on one or both ends of the car. The downside is that this sometimes this leads to excess grip. For example, too thin a rear shock oil will transfer weight to the front of the car very quickly upon turn-in, which can sometimes overload the front tires. Shock oil weight is always a balance between front to back and side-to-side weight transfer. Try things out and see how they feel. Take notes.
Thank you.
Ramyuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:31 PM   #1232
Tech Elite
 
tandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: airdrie
Posts: 2,968
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tandman
Default

Stiltskin....I run a 116spur with the rear sway bar no prob with 3-4mm to spare.
__________________
Dwayne Flodell
Team Mad Scientist
-When you need mad rip.....call the Mad Scientist
Team Sweepracing-R1 Wurks Team Canada
tandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:16 AM   #1233
Tech Champion
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,368
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandman View Post
Stiltskin....I run a 116spur with the rear sway bar no prob with 3-4mm to spare.
Awesome. Thanks for the reply. I wish shipping from Montana was faster. The wait is killing me.
__________________
Tony Rumple
Team EAM // Gravity RC
stiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:35 AM   #1234
Tech Master
 
Dave Bowser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,427
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

thanks Jimmy and PW im looking forward to 2008
__________________
RCAmerica, X-Ray, Hudy, Ko Propo, Protoform, PRS, Jaco, JConcepts, SXT, RC3 Grafix, Kool-Aid, P-Nut, NEXT, www.SuperiorHobbies.com

We're going to skate to one song and one song only!
Dave Bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:07 AM   #1235
Tech Elite
 
A Ilievski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: A.C.T (Australia)
Posts: 2,652
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Im well into the build. I have sanded and glued the CF parts, put everything on the car but the rear diff. The diff came pre assembled but i want to pull it apart and check it out. Was hoping corally would include the CF wrench for it but they didnt . The wrench should be here monday so i guess ill wait untill then. I know i can use other tools to take the nut off, but i dont want to run the risk of damaging the nut.

Now i went to put a pack in the car but it doesnt fit, im guessing i need to sand the battery slots down a bit??

Apart from this the build has been great.
__________________
Alex Ilievski
*INFINITY * R1 WURKS * PLAIG BEARINGS* SPEEDY RC
A Ilievski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:55 AM   #1236
Tech Regular
 
Holmenkollen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid TT-01 View Post
Im well into the build. I have sanded and glued the CF parts, put everything on the car but the rear diff. The diff came pre assembled but i want to pull it apart and check it out. Was hoping corally would include the CF wrench for it but they didnt . The wrench should be here monday so i guess ill wait untill then. I know i can use other tools to take the nut off, but i dont want to run the risk of damaging the nut.

Now i went to put a pack in the car but it doesnt fit, im guessing i need to sand the battery slots down a bit??

Apart from this the build has been great.
The clearance between the upperdeck and the batteries are IMO PHIīs weakest point. Itīs just plain to tight. With the 2.4 mm chassis you have to sand pretty much. With 2.0 mm chassis you have to sand very much, the cells need to sit flush with the bottom, almost below and still itīs just only 0.X mm between upperdeck and battery.

A real design miss.

A friend of mine have spaced up the bulkheads 0.5mm and that solves the problem. Not optimal though for performance.
__________________
Xray - Hobbywing - Graupner
Holmenkollen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:00 AM   #1237
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 954
Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default

You can also shave down that M3 insert nut on the back left of the topdeck.

Easiest using a 7/8" sanding drum to sand down the cell slots.
Johnny Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:47 PM   #1238
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,237
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

I did the under side of the nut insert and had no problem filing down the battery slots until I had a perfect fit. Not a design problem in my mind. Big improvement over the original RDX.

And I happen to have a 7/8" sanding drum. Can try that on my next Phi...

Love this car!
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 06:29 AM   #1239
Tech Elite
 
A Ilievski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: A.C.T (Australia)
Posts: 2,652
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Carey View Post
Easiest using a 7/8" sanding drum to sand down the cell slots.
Thanks for that, ill go down to the hardwarre store tomorrow and have a look.

After having a closer look today at the diff i finally got it built. It doesnt help when your up at 1am building a diff :O. Its soooo smooth much smoother then the cyclone diffs.
__________________
Alex Ilievski
*INFINITY * R1 WURKS * PLAIG BEARINGS* SPEEDY RC

Last edited by A Ilievski; 12-09-2007 at 02:29 PM.
A Ilievski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 02:36 PM   #1240
Tech Elite
 
imprsme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Va.
Posts: 3,733
Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid TT-01 View Post

Just cant seem to get it tightened up. Ive been going through the instructions but just doesnt want to turn out rite. The PHi diff is more complex then the cyclone diffs

I have found that it is easier to tighten the diff after it is in the car. I just snug it up in hand. While doing this "work" the diff after every few turns.

Also, are you installing the "Cone washer" that comes with the diff? It should go between the thrust washer and the nylon nut.
__________________
AwesomatixUSA
eXpress Motorsports
imprsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 05:52 PM   #1241
Tech Elite
 
A Ilievski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: A.C.T (Australia)
Posts: 2,652
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprsme View Post
I have found that it is easier to tighten the diff after it is in the car. I just snug it up in hand. While doing this "work" the diff after every few turns.

Also, are you installing the "Cone washer" that comes with the diff? It should go between the thrust washer and the nylon nut.
I will put it in the car and tighten it like that, and yes the cone washer is between the nut and thurst washer.
__________________
Alex Ilievski
*INFINITY * R1 WURKS * PLAIG BEARINGS* SPEEDY RC
A Ilievski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 02:43 PM   #1242
Tech Elite
 
Swamp Rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Logan
Posts: 3,727
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmenkollen View Post
The clearance between the upperdeck and the batteries are IMO PHIīs weakest point. Itīs just plain to tight. With the 2.4 mm chassis you have to sand pretty much. With 2.0 mm chassis you have to sand very much, the cells need to sit flush with the bottom, almost below and still itīs just only 0.X mm between upperdeck and battery.

A real design miss.

A friend of mine have spaced up the bulkheads 0.5mm and that solves the problem. Not optimal though for performance.
Make a 9mm spanner from an old topdeck i made mine in less than 10 mims
Cut out with hack saw and
Shape with a grinder "just watch that dust "
__________________
LCRCCC. inc. The Greatest Club in QLD.
Come see our great new layout.
Schumacher Mi6 x 2,Yokomo BD7, Roche F1, SP F1 x2,Serpent SF2 F1, MO5 mini, M03 Mini, Corally F1 on Rubber, Futaba 4PX,
Ax10, SCX10, Joker Visit : www.lcrccc.org.au
Swamp Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 03:41 PM   #1243
Tech Regular
 
Holmenkollen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
Make a 9mm spanner from an old topdeck i made mine in less than 10 mims
Cut out with hack saw and
Shape with a grinder "just watch that dust "
Sorry, I donīt fully understand.
__________________
Xray - Hobbywing - Graupner
Holmenkollen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:33 PM   #1244
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I think he means a exstension to the old style top deck ??

I have had no issues with using the 2.9 top deck. I just use a small file to shape the battery slots nice and easy until the batts fit nice under there. Not tight but too make sure they will move alittle.. My batteries also do not sit below the chassis either..


Mike
__________________
TEAM ASSOCIATED, SMC BATTERIES, REEDY MOTORS, JACO TIRES, RADIOPOST RADIOS, LRP ELECTRONICS, PROTOFORM BODIES, MAKITA POWER TOOLS, KICKER PEFORMANCE AUDIO, KOLORS BY KROPY, MUCH-, RSD
Mike Blackstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:02 PM   #1245
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 954
Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default

Mike, on your Modified Cleveland setup, did you run 2-hole or 3-hole pistons? Thanks.
Johnny Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
team corally rdx phi A.Galenski R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 05-28-2008 06:22 PM
Team Corally RDX TWISTED Australia For Sale/Trade 7 02-05-2007 04:34 PM
Team Corally RDX Bear55 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-10-2006 03:18 PM
Team Corally Assassin 1449 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-20-2003 11:27 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:46 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net