R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2007, 12:02 PM   #1111
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,768
Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Default

I was just curious about other peoples setup's..........and I wanted to bring the thread back from the 3rd page

This is the best rubber car I have ever driven and I will get my setup posted in the near future for you guys to try.
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:28 PM   #1112
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Hmm...
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:36 PM   #1113
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to goop
Default

i agree josh's rubber tire car is retarded it is by far the best rubber car that i have ever ran myself. its not even fair, its that good.
__________________
Hurricane Motorsports
Team Trinity

TOP Racing - Gravity Rc - Contact tires - KO Propo - Competition Electronics
goop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:48 PM   #1114
Tech Fanatic
 
tbeardmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: aka "Rock Star"...!
Posts: 879
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Do it Syndrome.... Do it!! You know you want to... (besides... you started thread) ... so that means you HAVE to....
__________________
BMI DB10R, Corally RDX PHi, BMI 12R..!!
Need a "real" car... contact me at:
www.beardmorechevy.com -or- www.beardmoresubaru.com

Last edited by tbeardmore; 11-21-2007 at 11:29 AM.
tbeardmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:50 PM   #1115
Tech Fanatic
 
tbeardmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: aka "Rock Star"...!
Posts: 879
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

PS: Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone!
__________________
BMI DB10R, Corally RDX PHi, BMI 12R..!!
Need a "real" car... contact me at:
www.beardmorechevy.com -or- www.beardmoresubaru.com
tbeardmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:24 PM   #1116
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,236
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Vector View Post
What happened between these two points ???
Betcha he is running something like Rob's Stock Rubber setup from the IIC. It's killer.
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:37 PM   #1117
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 954
Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh H View Post
I was just curious about other peoples setup's..........and I wanted to bring the thread back from the 3rd page

This is the best rubber car I have ever driven and I will get my setup posted in the near future for you guys to try.
It would be awesome if you could post it. If its anything like Brads foam setup, it is going to be good.
Johnny Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:51 PM   #1118
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeardmore View Post
Do it Syndrome.... Do it!! You is thknow you want to... (besides... you started thread) ... so that means you HAVE to....
It's kind of like going back to an old girlfriend you broke up with for no particularly good reason. Or, at least, reasons that weren't as important as you originally thought. It's never quite the same, and the newness is gone. :-)

It would be interesting to continue the analogy out to what it means when I beat an RDX on the track, or drive a Phi after it smacks me down... but I'll save that as an exercise for your imaginations.

Anyway, here's something I do worry about, and it's something that kind of bugged me in the past when I talked to new people getting an RDX. Because Corally has so many running changes, it's hard to know what you're going to get when you buy a kit. With the foam kits that move fast, you're probably going to get a pretty recent revision. But with the rubber kits, and its lower popularity in the states, it's hard to know. I was hovering over the buy button on a Phi after a particularly bad week of racing last week, but that held me back a bit. I don't mean to be critical, it's just one of the drawbacks to going with running changes instead of updated kits/names. It's a little daunting to jump in in the middle of a car's life.

Alas, a little birdy whispered in my ear and helped me smooth out my existing car and make things fun again while I mull over my decision. Thanks little birdy! :-)

Last edited by syndr0me; 11-20-2007 at 11:08 PM.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:59 PM   #1119
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,768
Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Betcha he is running something like Rob's Stock Rubber setup from the IIC. It's killer.
not even close
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:17 PM   #1120
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,768
Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Default

roll center low in front and high in rear
front shocks.....35wt assoc oil w/tam 3 hole pistons.....middle on tower and out on arm....19lb spring
rear shocks.......25 wt assoc oil w/tam 3 hole pistons.....1 hole in on tower and middle on arm.....17lb spring
wheelbase middle in front and short in rear
camber link up and middle front and rear.....middle on rear hub
width in front .4mm shims.....no shims in rear
oneway......no swaybars
rp30's and a mazda6 or speed 6 lightweight body
sauce full rear and full front.....jtg
castor....3*
camber.....1.75*
droop.....3mm above ride height
if I forgot anything...just ask

Last edited by Josh Hohnstein; 11-21-2007 at 08:09 AM.
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:42 PM   #1121
Tech Elite
 
ottoman's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 2,761
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Yea its fast... stupid fast Probably the best rubber car I have seen
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:42 PM   #1122
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,236
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
It's kind of like going back to an old girlfriend you broke up with for no particularly good reason. Or, at least, reasons that weren't as important as you originally thought. It's never quite the same, and the newness is gone. :-)

It would be interesting to continue the analogy out to what it means when I beat an RDX on the track, or drive a Phi after it smacks me down... but I'll save that as an exercise for your imaginations.

Anyway, here's something I do worry about, and it's something that kind of bugged me in the past when I talked to new people getting an RDX. Because Corally has so many running changes, it's hard to know what you're going to get when you buy a kit. With the foam kits that move fast, you're probably going to get a pretty recent revision. But with the rubber kits, and its lower popularity in the states, it's hard to know. I was hovering over the buy button on a Phi after a particularly bad week of racing last week, but that held me back a bit. I don't mean to be critical, it's just one of the drawbacks to going with running changes instead of updated kits/names. It's a little daunting to jump in in the middle of a car's life.

Alas, a little birdy whispered in my ear and helped me smooth out my existing car and make things fun again while I mull over my decision. Thanks little birdy! :-)

Hi Syndrome,

You are forgetting that we on the left coast run rubber on carpet. Just like everyone else in the world except you guys in the middle and eastern states...LOL.

I understand what you mean about buying a new Phi EU that COULD come without the updates. However, a call to Jeff Brown put my concerns to rest. Per Jeff, there were only about 50 of the original EUs out there early this year; and, he was confident that the stock was depleted some time ago.

A few days ago, without an EU being available at any local hobby shop (or at Corally USA), I resorted to buying an EU kit on eBay from Advantage Hobbies in California. The car came to me the day after they shipped it and I got exactly what I expected.

Get the new car anyway you can...You won't be sorry amigo.

Still "Birdy" Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:45 PM   #1123
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,236
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman View Post
Yea its fast... stupid fast Probably the best rubber car I have seen
Hi Ottoman,

Agreed.

Still Bill (formerly XXX-S Bill, JRX-S Bill, etc.)
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:00 AM   #1124
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 954
Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh H View Post
roll center low in front and high in rear
front shocks.....35wt assoc oil w/tam 3 hole pistons.....middle on tower and out on arm....19lb spring
rear shocks.......25 wt assoc oil w/tam 3 hole pistons.....1 hole in on tower and middle on arm.....17lb spring
wheelbase middle in front and short in rear
camber link up and middle front and rear.....middle on rear hub
width in front .4mm shims.....no shims in rear
oneway......no swaybars
rp30's and a mazda6 or speed 6 lightweight body
sauce full rear and full front.....jtg

if I forgot anything...just ask
I'll give it a try on Sunday, hopefully will be good. Thanks Josh!
Johnny Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:02 AM   #1125
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
You are forgetting that we on the left coast run rubber on carpet. Just like everyone else in the world except you guys in the middle and eastern states...LOL.
I've been having a lot more fun with rubber, I can see why it's so popular. I also feel like I'm learning to take better lines, drive with more control, and have a better sense for what changes to setup do to the car. But that whole foam/rubber discussion is well-documented elsewhere, and not one I want to venture into.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease about the EU kits, and the parts included. I'll give Jeff a call if I decide to go that route.

I've heard Josh's car is the "best rubber car ever seen" a few times now in different threads. It seems like that guy has the midas touch when it comes to rubber tires.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
team corally rdx phi A.Galenski R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 05-28-2008 06:22 PM
Team Corally RDX TWISTED Australia For Sale/Trade 7 02-05-2007 04:34 PM
Team Corally RDX Bear55 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-10-2006 03:18 PM
Team Corally Assassin 1449 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-20-2003 11:27 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:55 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net