R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-06-2007, 09:54 AM   #961
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Three things:

1. Just put the Phi kit together this week; Wow! Absolutely amazing and beautifull quality car. I got the Corally because I was very impressed with the quality of the Mini Assassin, but now, wow, this company really builds the best product out there.

That being said ...

2. Does anybody run a body on this thing? What's with the placement of the rear body posts? They run right up through the wing; this can't be right! Can somebody post a picture of where their's attaches?

3. Are people using the stock body posts and attach points? Those plastic nuts seem to bulky and hard to use compared to standard clips. Are people putting in some other brand and using clips?

Thanks.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:59 AM   #962
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to brians11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceBucks View Post
Three things:

1. Just put the Phi kit together this week; Wow! Absolutely amazing and beautifull quality car. I got the Corally because I was very impressed with the quality of the Mini Assassin, but now, wow, this company really builds the best product out there.

That being said ...

2. Does anybody run a body on this thing? What's with the placement of the rear body posts? They run right up through the wing; this can't be right! Can somebody post a picture of where their's attaches?

3. Are people using the stock body posts and attach points? Those plastic nuts seem to bulky and hard to use compared to standard clips. Are people putting in some other brand and using clips?

Thanks.

This is a pic of Rob's car at Vegas...

And a link to the full size photo.. http://rc50.com/modules.php?name=cop...028&fullsize=1
Old 10-09-2007, 01:57 AM   #963
Tech Adept

Hiya

I race stock and was wondering what difference does it make running the 1.71 ratio over the stock 2.0 internal ratio? Does the 1.71 give more acceleration or topened, or does the 2.0 give more acceleration or topend ?. Or does it not even matter?. Does the internal ratio just really help you getting to the desired fdr and has no real effects on acceleration and topend ?. Also will using a bigger spur give more acceleration or topend, or does a smaller spur give you this ?.
Does anyone know if you can get low friction belts for the phi?, or if other manufacturers low friction belts would work ?

Thanks Ya`All
MoonTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:53 AM   #964
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've moved my rear mounts on the graphite. I also use HPI body mounts but other use the stock Corally ones. As for your question about the 1.71 I'm still working on that one.There our two of us with the car his is stock gearing set-up and mine is the 1.71.He hasn't run his car yet-his is still running his RDX. Our next race is Oct.27th-28th.I've also tried the front and rear diff set-up and this next race is a spool up front.I also ran the double diffs in my RDX.I'm also running a 13.5 novak BL and trying to run lipos (3200).
Maybe I'll have some news about this set-up after the race.The last race I had afew problems with the rear diff- the nut loosen up.We are both using different spur gears we've both gone smaller to get to about a 4.50 overall gear ratio(out doors).
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 01:12 PM   #965
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Bigger spur will give more bottom end. Not too sure about the 1.71 internal but i'm pretty sure it is just a tuning feature mainly for mod or brushless. If you put your body posts on the farthest inside hole, you won't have any mounting issues. HPI body posts work well, but I prefer the corally ones because the screw downs will never come off in a crash.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:32 PM   #966
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Any danger of some set up sheets going on the Corally site from LV ?? 10 days and waiting...........................

Please..............................
Victor Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:40 PM   #967
Tech Adept

Default lv set up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Vector View Post
Any danger of some set up sheets going on the Corally site from LV ?? 10 days and waiting...........................

I would check with Robby. Chris let a day after he cot home for the gas world's in Argentina, and I think he told me he ran the same set up as the carpet nats.
Bye the way he currently is in the 4th Qual spot with 1 more day of Qualifying.
thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:50 PM   #968
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Vector View Post

We have Toso's car here. I just have been swamped with preparing for iHoby Expo next week. Brad's setup didn't change much from the current setup. I will get them up ASAP.

Jeff
Jeff Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:05 PM   #969
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Brown View Post
We have Toso's car here. I just have been swamped with preparing for iHoby Expo next week. Brad's setup didn't change much from the current setup. I will get them up ASAP.

Jeff
Excuses excuses

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:44 PM   #970
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Excuses excuses

EA
Ditto!!! LMAO
Old 10-11-2007, 07:56 AM   #971
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to goop

if your looking for brads setup from vegas its the same as the one on the website except 25 wt. assoc. oil in rear shocks

TOP Racing - Gravity Rc - Contact tires - KO Propo - Competition Electronics
goop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:17 AM   #972
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

I have been running Brads set-up going on 2 weeks. It took me a few packs to get comfortable with it. But once I did...WOW! The car carries so much corner speed, but turns on a dime! The only change that I have made and stayed with was I am running 19lbs springs in the rear.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:40 AM   #973
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprsme View Post
I have been running Brads set-up going on 2 weeks. It took me a few packs to get comfortable with it. But once I did...WOW! The car carries so much corner speed, but turns on a dime! The only change that I have made and stayed with was I am running 19lbs springs in the rear.
That single change is what we have been running usually, and as Goop said, 25 wt rear oil for higher traction.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:58 AM   #974
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprsme View Post
can brad's setup be run with dbl pk/org fronts and dbl pnk rears or dbl pk all around?
SAVOX SERVOS 1268MG HV , 1267MG HV
turboxrayt1fk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:10 PM   #975
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboxrayt1fk05 View Post
can brad's setup be run with dbl pk/org fronts and dbl pnk rears or dbl pk all around?
It could, but then it wouldn't be Brad's setup... It should make it push more.
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote