R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-17-2007, 09:37 PM   #721
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 676
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Moving the links will cause a change in ackerman.You can also cause akerman loss. The single pivot creates a greater gain at the end of the curve.A good starting point to shoot for seem to be 3degrees less for the outer wheel if the inner wheel is at 20 degrees ..always was what i tried to get my car to.
AARON YOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:19 PM   #722
Tech Master
 
rcgen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,069
Default

Anyone have any luck using the 4800 lipo pack from team orion? I have the 3200 lipo and thats already a tight fit on the rear bulkhead. Would like it to get one or maybe end up using it in my offroad truck
rcgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:59 PM   #723
Tech Addict
 
Big Rigg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 574
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG View Post
Moving the links will cause a change in ackerman.You can also cause akerman loss. The single pivot creates a greater gain at the end of the curve.A good starting point to shoot for seem to be 3degrees less for the outer wheel if the inner wheel is at 20 degrees ..always was what i tried to get my car to.

Hey stranger, how do make this measurement?
Big Rigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:26 AM   #724
Tech Addict
 
29TC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: anywhere with an rc track!
Posts: 608
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to 29TC
Default

Hi guys, need some advice on the RDX Phi.

Here goes. I will be running on long asphalt with tight hairpins. Traction is average.

Can the US carpet version be used to run on asphalt?
(like the idea of thicker chassis). I am asking cause I prefer a frt & rr ball diff set up.
Does either UK & US kit come with front & rear sway bar kit?

Here is the list I am thinking I should get:
UK Spec kit.
Motor Guard mount w/ fan.
Sway bar sets 1.6mm & 1.3mm.
Spool kit & Ball diff kit.
Spare arms and knuckles.

What do you guys think? Is there anything else I need to add?

Last item, has anyone used the graphite chassis stiffening upgrade kit (part#79828)

Thanks is advance guys.
Cheers.
29TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 02:02 PM   #725
Tech Fanatic
 
turboxrayt1fk05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ri
Posts: 978
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Just dropping in on the lates news !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CORALLY RDX PHI US SPEC INSTOCK AT WWW.TEAMMAXIMUS.COM
turboxrayt1fk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:28 AM   #726
Tech Regular
 
jdm19turn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 404
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29TC View Post
Hi guys, need some advice on the RDX Phi.

Here goes. I will be running on long asphalt with tight hairpins. Traction is average.

Can the US carpet version be used to run on asphalt?
(like the idea of thicker chassis). I am asking cause I prefer a frt & rr ball diff set up.
Does either UK & US kit come with front & rear sway bar kit?

Here is the list I am thinking I should get:
UK Spec kit.
Motor Guard mount w/ fan.
Sway bar sets 1.6mm & 1.3mm.
Spool kit & Ball diff kit.
Spare arms and knuckles.

What do you guys think? Is there anything else I need to add?

Last item, has anyone used the graphite chassis stiffening upgrade kit (part#79828)

Thanks is advance guys.
Cheers.
i think the uk one comes with sway bars not real sure the us spec doesn't come with any sway bars with the kit and as far as spares goes you might won't to add some of the white shims that go on the arm to adjust wheelbase just in case one where to get lost or something.
__________________
mi4 ,mi5
jdm19turn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:28 AM   #727
Tech Addict
 
29TC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: anywhere with an rc track!
Posts: 608
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to 29TC
Default

Received my PHI UK version today.
Package seems too simple for such a high end kit. Was expecting something like an xray kit.

Was admiring the pre-built chassis and suddenly, cut my fingers from the loose grahite splinters. Was'up with that? The chassis itself is very dusty and the edges are damn sharp.

Hmm, QC check please.

Overall, looking very cool and extremely light. But not happy with my finger cut.
Cheers.
29TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:45 AM   #728
Tech Addict
 
29TC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: anywhere with an rc track!
Posts: 608
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to 29TC
Default

Well, No sway bar kit included-bummer.

Anyways, my kit comes with pre-assembled rear diff.
Do I need to disassemble and lube the balls?

Still pissed I cut my finger.
29TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:58 AM   #729
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 954
Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default

The diffs come pre-built with lube already in them.
Johnny Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:46 PM   #730
Tech Elite
 
Swamp Rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Logan
Posts: 3,727
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29TC View Post
Well, No sway bar kit included-bummer.

Anyways, my kit comes with pre-assembled rear diff.
Do I need to disassemble and lube the balls?

Still pissed I cut my finger.
The diff had to be totally built including the Bl###dly thrust bearing in the Version sent to Australia . also no sway bays and plastic/ fibre front Hubs.

Chassis also needed sanding
__________________
LCRCCC. inc. The Greatest Club in QLD.
Come see our great new layout.
Schumacher Mi6 x 2,Yokomo BD7, Roche F1, SP F1 x2,Serpent SF2 F1, MO5 mini, M03 Mini, Corally F1 on Rubber, Futaba 4PX,
Ax10, SCX10, Joker Visit : www.lcrccc.org.au
Swamp Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:33 PM   #731
Tech Elite
 
Glowster21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,493
Trader Rating: 116 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
The diff had to be totally built including the Bl###dly thrust bearing in the Version sent to Australia . also no sway bays and plastic/ fibre front Hubs.

Chassis also needed sanding
I agree with you on the thrust bearing. Worst diffs I ever had to build. That was by far the longest part of the build too! I am NOT looking forward to rebuilding them!!!! I had to do a ton of sanding/dremeling to my chassis and bulkhead to get my 4200's in as well. Car is great when all is said and done though
Glowster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:06 PM   #732
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 676
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default setup

Sorry it took so long to get back to you rigg. Im in bootcamp now.I use the setup gauges for the toe and turn the wheel left to 20 degrees on the inner wheel and check the difference on the outer wheel.
AARON YOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:33 PM   #733
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,853
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG View Post
Sorry it took so long to get back to you rigg. Im in bootcamp now.I use the setup gauges for the toe and turn the wheel left to 20 degrees on the inner wheel and check the difference on the outer wheel.
Do you even REMEMBER how to drive an R/C car?????

MIA: Aaron Young aka: sockpuppet
__________________
SMC ( www.smc-racing.com the only place to order your batteries online.), Awesomatix, Gonzo Paints, BN Racing

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:40 PM   #734
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,234
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
Do you even REMEMBER how to drive an R/C car?????

MIA: Aaron Young aka: sockpuppet
A-YO knows...
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:49 PM   #735
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 676
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

I will be at speedworld saturday night if you want some!.I could beat you with 3 wheels.Big rigg hit me up if you have any questions.
AARON YOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
team corally rdx phi A.Galenski R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 05-28-2008 06:22 PM
Team Corally RDX TWISTED Australia For Sale/Trade 7 02-05-2007 04:34 PM
Team Corally RDX Bear55 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-10-2006 03:18 PM
Team Corally Assassin 1449 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-20-2003 11:27 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:44 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net