R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2011, 10:22 PM   #3361
Tech Addict
 
mazmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 738
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evader-fan-69 View Post
soft rear springs would help. what are your diff settings? is the front of the car pulling you around the track or is the rear pushing you?? need more info on your current setup
Thank you,

OK, here’s a more detailed explanation of what car is doing:

•Off power corner entry - car is pushing
•On power corner exit – Rear slides out... feels like front is pulling rear
around.
•On power in sweeper - Car pushes initially then switches to oversteer late.
(maintaining steady throttle position / no change through sweeper)

Set up as follows:

RDX Phi 2008 – standard chassis & upper deck.

Tyres - Sorex 36 C / medium inserts

FRONT
Shock position – 2nd outer most hole on tower
Shock oil - 40
Springs – 17lb
Camber link – top row, 2nd outer most hole on tower
Suspension arm – forward position
Suspension mount couplers – dot up
Droop – 4
Toe – 1 deg out
Sway bar – none
Ride height 5 mm

REAR
Shock position – 2nd outer most hole on tower
Shock oil - 40
Springs – 17lb
Camber link – bottom row, inner most hole on tower. Middle hole on rear hub.
Suspension arm – middle position
Suspension mount couplers – dot up
Droop – 3
Toe – 2 deg (standard)
Sway bar - none
Ride height 5.5 mm

Diff setting – Feels a little tight … but any looser and it will slip.


Any help appreciated

Thanks
__________________
Team TOP Australia www.topracing.net.au

TOP Photon EX 17.5 + TOP Photon EX 21.5 + TOP Rebel F1 21.5

ORCA | Tekin RS Pro | Tekin Gen 2 RPM | Ko Pro-Po | EPIC Trinity
mazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:44 AM   #3362
Tech Elite
 
Victor Vector's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Over Here
Posts: 2,788
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazmo View Post
Thank you,

OK, here’s a more detailed explanation of what car is doing:

•Off power corner entry - car is pushing
•On power corner exit – Rear slides out... feels like front is pulling rear
around.
•On power in sweeper - Car pushes initially then switches to oversteer late.
(maintaining steady throttle position / no change through sweeper)

Set up as follows:

RDX Phi 2008 – standard chassis & upper deck.

Tyres - Sorex 36 C / medium inserts

FRONT
Shock position – 2nd outer most hole on tower
Shock oil - 40
Springs – 17lb
Camber link – top row, 2nd outer most hole on tower
Suspension arm – forward position
Suspension mount couplers – dot up
Droop – 4
Toe – 1 deg out
Sway bar – none
Ride height 5 mm

REAR
Shock position – 2nd outer most hole on tower
Shock oil - 40
Springs – 17lb
Camber link – bottom row, inner most hole on tower. Middle hole on rear hub.
Suspension arm – middle position
Suspension mount couplers – dot up
Droop – 3
Toe – 2 deg (standard)
Sway bar - none
Ride height 5.5 mm

Diff setting – Feels a little tight … but any looser and it will slip.


Any help appreciated

Thanks
Dots down in the rear..........rear links good on hub but raise to top row and make long............front links long and high...........front shock oil 60 wtwith two hole stock pistons or 70wt with 3 hole Tamiya on 22 lb, rear 30wt on 12.5/14lb...........should settle car. BTW these settings are for rug but will be quite nice on black top compared to where you're set right now. And Martin Crisp's book of course........

Jacko
__________________
Jack Balchin.
Timezone Hooligan
IBEW Local 48-retired (Definitely, great pension.)
Victor Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:36 PM   #3363
Tech Addict
 
mazmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 738
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Vector View Post
Dots down in the rear..........rear links good on hub but raise to top row and make long............front links long and high...........front shock oil 60 wtwith two hole stock pistons or 70wt with 3 hole Tamiya on 22 lb, rear 30wt on 12.5/14lb...........should settle car. BTW these settings are for rug but will be quite nice on black top compared to where you're set right now. And Martin Crisp's book of course........

Jacko

Thanks Jacko ... I'll try that

Alan
__________________
Team TOP Australia www.topracing.net.au

TOP Photon EX 17.5 + TOP Photon EX 21.5 + TOP Rebel F1 21.5

ORCA | Tekin RS Pro | Tekin Gen 2 RPM | Ko Pro-Po | EPIC Trinity
mazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:39 AM   #3364
Tech Addict
 
mazmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 738
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Rear Diff

Looking to change rear diff in my PHI 2008.

Heard Tamiya diffs fit. Does anyone know which ones? TA05? ... 416?

Also will I have to change dog bones / blades?

Thanks

Alan
__________________
Team TOP Australia www.topracing.net.au

TOP Photon EX 17.5 + TOP Photon EX 21.5 + TOP Rebel F1 21.5

ORCA | Tekin RS Pro | Tekin Gen 2 RPM | Ko Pro-Po | EPIC Trinity
mazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:43 AM   #3365
Tech Elite
 
A Ilievski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: A.C.T (Australia)
Posts: 2,652
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazmo View Post
Looking to change rear diff in my PHI 2008.

Heard Tamiya diffs fit. Does anyone know which ones? TA05? ... 416?

Also will I have to change dog bones / blades?

Thanks

Alan
Alan

Ive noticed a lot of people use the TA-05 spec r diffs, and are also using Tamiya suspension components.
__________________
Alex Ilievski
*INFINITY * R1 WURKS * PLAIG BEARINGS* SPEEDY RC
A Ilievski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:12 AM   #3366
Tech Addict
 
mazmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 738
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid TT-01 View Post
Alan

Ive noticed a lot of people use the TA-05 spec r diffs, and are also using Tamiya suspension components.
Thanks Alex.

My PHI has TRF shocks ... the TA05 spec R diff sounds interesting
__________________
Team TOP Australia www.topracing.net.au

TOP Photon EX 17.5 + TOP Photon EX 21.5 + TOP Rebel F1 21.5

ORCA | Tekin RS Pro | Tekin Gen 2 RPM | Ko Pro-Po | EPIC Trinity
mazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:22 PM   #3367
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wallingford, CT
Posts: 92
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys,

I purchased a second-hand RDX PHI 08 and I'm putting an EZRUN brushless setup in it (http://www.hobbypartz.com/ez-60a-rc-...ar-system.html) and I was wondering what gearing you would recommend. I'm not going to be racing the car, just bashing it on tennis courts, etc. My main goal is to make sure I don't overheat the motor/esc. Would running a 20
T-23T pinion with the stock gearing be ok?

I'm running a Gens Ace 5000mah 40C 2S Lipo for my battery.

I'm just getting back into the hobby after numerous years (when I left ESC's were still "new" tech).

Thanks!
Matt
mrw1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:55 AM   #3368
Tech Adept
 
MadBrushRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Surrey
Posts: 117
Default diff conversion

Hi

HAve just dusted my Phi off after being out for 3 years and wonder if anyone has photos of the diff conversion on page 104?

Thanks
MadBrushRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:52 PM   #3369
Tech Regular
 
revsinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Perth
Posts: 441
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBrushRacing View Post
Hi

HAve just dusted my Phi off after being out for 3 years and wonder if anyone has photos of the diff conversion on page 104?

Thanks
this has been cover over in the 09 thread, i coverted my 07 to ta05 gear diffs .

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...i-09-a-46.html

this page and a few back has the info
__________________
Full Speed , Half Price
revsinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:01 PM   #3370
Tech Addict
 
f2000racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 501
Default Corally Phi for sale

Sorry guys, just in case any one is interested, I have a US version of the Corally RDX Phi for sale.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ely-raced.html

Thanks.
__________________
Tamiya F103RM
Tamiya Mini
Tamiya TA05
f2000racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #3371
Tech Master
 
Scrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Plover, WI
Posts: 1,510
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone have a rear duraluminum rear hub with the 3 camber links that they can sell?

I also need a rear carbon body mount for the posts.
Scrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:55 PM   #3372
Tech Regular
 
revsinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Perth
Posts: 441
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrad View Post

I also need a rear carbon body mount for the posts.
i have made one with an old chassis i had , using only a drill and a file

but try at stormer ..
__________________
Full Speed , Half Price
revsinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:00 PM   #3373
Tech Champion
 
nexxus's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 8,104
Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)
Default

Ok going to rehash an ancient thread here, but I am rebuilding a Phi 07 and have been trying to put in the Spec R diffs by inverting the diff bearing holders, but it don't fit, you end up 3-4mm larger than what will slide in, and if you try and 'encourage' it, the diff binds up. Is there a trick to it? At present I've got the bearing holders in normal locations with the Spec R Diff lined up in the middle with an absolute truck load (ie 6-7mm a side) of shims.
nexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:43 PM   #3374
Tech Regular
 
Timbo99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Posts: 385
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Timbo99 Send a message via AIM to Timbo99 Send a message via MSN to Timbo99 Send a message via Skype™ to Timbo99
Default Diff

If it's a TA-05 r-spec it should fit ok.
But this is in a phi09.......I'd shoot the Corally uk site an email,that's where I found out what fits what when it was diff related.
Hope this helps.
__________________
Serpent ERYX/S411 Le#189,#024,TE/Airtronics/MuchMore FLETA 4/Ryan Dezign-
"The finest RC paintwork in Australia"/LEESPEED/Ame T-Shox/THiNK Carbon.
"If at first you don't succeed,.....tell'em it's the "Beta" 1.0 version"
Timbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:19 AM   #3375
Tech Regular
 
revsinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Perth
Posts: 441
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Brad I put spec-r diff in my car, the info you need is on this page
If you want i can spoon feed it to you ??
__________________
Full Speed , Half Price
revsinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
team corally rdx phi A.Galenski R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 05-28-2008 06:22 PM
Team Corally RDX TWISTED Australia For Sale/Trade 7 02-05-2007 04:34 PM
Team Corally RDX Bear55 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-10-2006 03:18 PM
Team Corally Assassin 1449 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-20-2003 11:27 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:08 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net